Manastone Crafting - Rates

Arhangelos

I just decided to give manastone crafting a go since I got some engraved useless ones that I extracted for crafting mats, so I had mats for 17 of them, I did the first round which was very bad RNG, then I extracted all the useless ones, had enough mats to do 3 more crafts, I got only useless ones so I extracted and then had mats for one last which was again useless. Those useless for my class that were tradeable I can at least sell for a penny or two but the cost to craft those surpasses the cost they will be sold for.

21 crafts:

2 Good crafts for my class:

• 1x M.attack +17 tradeable
  • 1x M.attack +17 untradeable

19 useless ones:

• 1x Ultimate evasion +94 tradeable
  • 2x HP +210 tradeable
  • 1x HP +210 untradeable
  • 7x M.Resist +68 untradeable
  • 5x Evasion +68 untradeable
  • 3x P. Attack +17 untradeable

I wouldn't expect this to give me 7x m.attack ones like it gave me m.res or 5x evasion because we all know RNG in Aion means a sure fail for what you want.

nPEf7is.jpg

17 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Why is evasion useless?

Is there anyone socketing evasion? I mean is someone's accuracy that low that an evasion set will make a difference?
Because I know magic resistance (magic evasion) is useless since my m.accuracy just from my set and option stats is more than enough to surpass a full m.resist set with manastones and option retuning for it. And I do not even socket a single m.acc manastone on any of my items.

Edit: also mentioning it as useless is that out of all the possible manastones I could have gotten that are not for my class to sell, evasion is the cheapest. So the price to craft that manastone was higher than selling it. If I got an ultimate tradeable p.attack... I wouldn't call it useless because that would probably cost like 100m to sell.

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Is there anyone socketing evasion? I mean is someone's accuracy that low that an evasion set will make a difference? Because I know magic resistance (opposite of m.acc) is useless since my m.acc just from my set and option stats is more than enough to surpass a full m.resist set with manastones and option retuning for it.

It seems like not many in NA do but i went through every top 300 on KR servers/both factions and got all the clerics from there and every defensive set for cleric was a evasion set. 

2 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It seems like not many in NA do but i went through every top 300 on KR servers/both factions and got all the clerics from there and every defensive set for cleric was a evasion set. 

Well i is not like we never had m.res clerics in the past when it was possible, but if it was still possible they would do it here too, are the top clerics from 7.2? Maybe they change something there or maybe we play a different "nerfed" game here once again.

17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Well i is not like we never had m.res clerics in the past when it was possible, but if it was still possible they would do it here too, are the top clerics from 7.2? Maybe they change something there or maybe we play a different "nerfed" game here once again.

A dps class in full T2 gear with everything tuned for Acc/MA + collections/cubics/etc (but without Acc/MA manastones) will be somewhere between 15k ~ 16k base Acc/MA.

A cleric in full T2 gear max tuned and socketed for MR (+ cubics/collections/etc) can reach just below 22k MR (or evasion, since they scale at the same rate). 15k ~ 16k MA vs 22k MR = 27% ~ 24% resist rate. 

Now, you won’t see 22K MR clerics for a while due to the low availability of stones (which ties back to your original topic) and ridiculous selective retune prices compared to other regions, so the few MR clers in NA are somewhere between 18k ~ 20k MR which is only 13% ~ 17% resist rate vs 15k ~ 16k MA (less when you also factor MA buffs), tho you may hear complains about MR more often since most players don't have full T2 gear yet, so their base MA is way lower (10k ~ 13k range, so 30% ~ 21% resist rate vs 18k MR which is nowhere max MR).

1 hour ago, Hinotori-DN said:

A dps class in full T2 gear with everything tuned for Acc/MA + collections/cubics/etc (but without Acc/MA manastones) will be somewhere between 15k ~ 16k base Acc/MA.

A cleric in full T2 gear max tuned and socketed for MR (+ cubics/collections/etc) can reach just below 22k MR (or evasion, since they scale at the same rate). 15k ~ 16k MA vs 22k MR = 27% ~ 24% resist rate. 

Now, you won’t see 22K MR clerics for a while due to the low availability of stones (which ties back to your original topic) and ridiculous selective retune prices compared to other regions, so the few MR clers in NA are somewhere between 18k ~ 20k MR which is only 13% ~ 17% resist rate vs 15k ~ 16k MA (less when you also factor MA buffs), tho you may hear complains about MR more often since most players don't have full T2 gear yet, so their base MA is way lower (10k ~ 13k range, so 30% ~ 21% resist rate vs 18k MR which is nowhere max MR).

So MR/Evasion selective retuning gives higher evasion/m.res stats than m.acc/acc selective retuning? If not then shouldn't my m.acc retunes cancel the enemy's m.res retunes.

Of course the manastones are a different think, a +94 evasion/m.res is a pretty big stat to socket so if we have 51 sockets (17 items from 3 manaslots) that is +4794 evasion/m.res.

I do not have full T2 set yet to check everything, so maybe the resisting stats are higher than the offensive

OK I just saw the change they did in T2 items and the difference and it seems we have changes made that make this possible:

1) something that didn't change is that when an item gives m.acc/acc it also gives m.res and evasion but the number is higher.
Example
T1 earring gives main stats 1064 m.acc and 1456 evasion and mres... so the number is about 37% more
T2 earring gives main stats 1234 m.acc and 1688 m.res/evasion, and the difference is still almost 37%

2) T1 items though didn't have plenty of optional stat options, they added the m.res and evasion option in every item now.
Example
T2 Ring in optional stats gives 84~141 m.acc and 104~174 m.res and evasion which is about 23,4% difference
T2 Main Armor in optional gives169~283 m.acc and 209~349 m.res and evasion which is about the same difference 23,3% (for the max stat at least)

So I guess the fact they added optional stats for m.res and evasion is what makes this possible. But that also means the enemy should have no m.acc/acc manastones for this to be effective and also buffs are usually buffing m.acc and acc more than they do evasion and m.res.

Here again to add my spices to the pot. My 2 pvp sets on my chanter being that I like to play support chanter are evasion and MR. I buy all those evasion and MR ulti stones like candies so if they are up there I buy them pretty fast unless I need other things and have to save for my crafting stuff, but back to my set I have 2 ulti t1 sets my first set is about half t2 and I have about 19/20k evasion or mr on the sets with collection/cubics/buffs as stated I can tell you with most geared players not having so high accuracy yet since everyone is going for atk or crit. I feel like a god because I dodge vandal lasers or take very little dmg I just heal back in an instant. Evasion/MR is great this patch and I recommend it for every cleric or support chanter

Archived