Class selection questions

Plezurenpain-DN

Ok so I was looking through my characters before the big move tomorrow and I got to thinking about the "new" classes and how they play.  If I seem to recall the Aethertech is a tank, Gunslinger is dps, and Songweaver is a hybrid healer/dps.  Now for the questions.  How good of dps does a Gunslinger do compared to Rangers?  How is the dps of a Songweaver compared to say a Ranger, Sorcerer, or Spiritmaster?  Can a Songweaver main heal a group for a dungeon or are they only good enough to support & off-heal?  Lastly, are you able to purchase additional character slots so you can have more than 8 across all servers?

19 hours ago, GenericUser4597 said:

How good of dps does a Gunslinger do compared to Rangers?

Gunners can make good damage, but they key for that, much like Temps or Glads (I forgot which), it to swap between their two main (and in the gunner's case, only) weapons; Aethercannons and Pistols. After 4.8's big skill renewal, Gunners were nerfed considerably, and people would say a geared Gunner did good damage, but couldnt match a Sorc. This was ages ago though, and (good) gunners are rare to come by, so I cannot give you an opinion o this rather unpopular class.

19 hours ago, GenericUser4597 said:

How is the dps of a Songweaver compared to say a Ranger, Sorcerer, or Spiritmaster?  Can a Songweaver main heal a group for a dungeon or are they only good enough to support & off-heal?

SWs have a really nice burst and consistent dps. Just like Clerics though, they have to choose between sacrificing DPS for support skills and vice versa. they are easy to pick up from ero though, and that is what makes them one of the... "noob" classes? (They are also hated for other reasons, but only while fighting against them)

As for their healing abilities, they can main heal lower tier instances. Still however, as good as their cleanses and heals can be, they will never match a good Cleric. Most SWs opt to go hybrid, as far as I have seen, if not full dps.

Edit:

Oh, and, no, you cannot get more slots 8 is the max and no way to go beyond that.

A gunner has more dps than a ranger by a lot if u using a cannon and cannon stigma as your main dps.

Cannon is not slow and boring as you think you can almost use it instantly (charging requires 0.4 sec charge time before it can release)

If you using dual pistols u will find yourself do lower dps than a ranger.

More answer to ur questions

-Sorc has highest dps,next is SM with pet stigma if u can keep ur pet not die,then gunner,then sw and last is ranger.

-Don't try to support and dps in same time as SW it's just too annoyed let it be cleric job and chanter job,you can try solo heal in an instance such as AF for fun but that's about it,however I think keeping group mp and throne song up and dps is more important than healing as SW.

Archived