How to get people and keep them playing aion

Neleth-KT

Yes I know we will have something for returning  user that called "new abbey*
But the rewards ain't update game keep updating all time we need to give people new stuff not same stuff over and over.

Here's some systems I think of

-Class of the month

*Example*level AT to lv 66 or higher get free +10 coe keyblade and +10 set of coe armors,level to or higher 70 get free FoO titles + coe accessories,level 72 or higher get free a untradeable pure plume +0,lv 74 or higher get 3x+5 untradeable essence core during 1st nov - 15th nov 2017 (Just example)

Let's rotate every class for an entire year this will boost numbers of class that lacking of players.

-Rewards for returning player for each month

This will work after u got class of the month running,give them some fancy stuff each month that keep updating like skins,skill skins,motion,titles,wings ah yes I know there're events for this but a lot of events u need a lot of chars or gears or knowledge how to do the event.Just not for everyone.

-EXPing

This is the boring part,I say shugo pink quest for archdaeva instances was a good idea but exp is outdated they need to double or triple of exp even luna exp is updated u know and FoO exp going to update in 5.8 too why not shugo exp ?

-Speical buff from a class u have in group

Some class like sins,rangers,gunners,SMs are unwanted in group because of short range,melee or just low dps,I say we should add special buff when we have those classes in a group like SMs = exp 10% more,gunners = attack speed up 3%,rangers = 10% less boss dmg skills,sin = 10% more drop rate something like that.

That's all ideas I got for now thank you for reading hope you enjoyed :)

All new players want to do is play the game so the best way to get a new player to stay in the game is to actually play with them. You could give them +20 PvE gear but as long as people do not take them to instances they will more then likely quit in the end.

29 minutes ago, 1s360982-KT said:

All new players want to do is play the game so the best way to get a new player to stay in the game is to actually play with them. You could give them +20 PvE gear but as long as people do not take them to instances they will more then likely quit in the end.

And how exactly people going to play with newbies if they don't have gears ? Before 5.6 everyone thinking mythic +10 gears is too OP for lv 55 it would be good if we continue this tradition with lv 66 70 and 75 gears

26 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

And how exactly people going to play with newbies if they don't have gears ? Before 5.6 everyone thinking mythic +10 gears is too OP for lv 55 it would be good if we continue this tradition with lv 66 70 and 75 gears

Well, maybe not play fully together, but you can assist them with their questions, welcome them into the community, If there is an public discord for Aion, that they can join to talk with fellow players and get a sense of direction on where to go, as well as how to develop their character. :-) 

1 minute ago, Tease-DN said:

Well, maybe not play fully together, but you can assist them with their questions, welcome them into the community, If there is an public discord for Aion, that they can join to talk with fellow players and get a sense of direction on where to go, as well as how to develop their character. :-) 

Basically u just tell them to join a legion o_o

I never see anyone welcome newbies in game beside they told  them to nyerking quit the game and uninstall aion =_=
I still think giving gears according to level is properly way to keep newbies playing.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I never see anyone welcome newbies in game beside they told  them to nyerking quit the game and uninstall aion =_=
I still think giving gears according to level is properly way to keep newbies playing.

Yeah, things like "Don't expect anyone to be your babysitter" as a reply when you ask a simple question in LFG is quite annoying. Aion's community gotta be more kind (lucky we still got very nice people who are willing to help).
I play the game since years ago, but there are LOTS of questions that I still have about many things! A new player would, of course, have many questions too. And It wouldn't hurt for anyone to give a proper reply.

The thing is no matter what people say if they have no one to play with because their is no influx of new players they will quit.

Could you imagine if dota/ LoL had a group only system where you had to find 5 before you could que up for a game and if you did not have 5,000+ hours in the game they would not invite you to group and you just sit in the lobby waiting or playing vs bots till people invite you to group. You would end up with 1-2 games a week.

That is the same for new players in Aion because Aion is an instance based game now. New players will never get geared in this game because no one myself included does not want to go back to old instances because they have no rewards.

If ORB/DD/DR/IO/DS and so on had lets say +4 manastone bundles as a reward at the end of it would entice people to run these instances in LFG and that would mean it is instances you can take new players on with the 55 set you get its good enough for most of those instances and as they progress with the +4 manastones in to Ancient coin gear they would be geared enough for basic end game instances.

This is how i feel anyways.

Archived