Worth Coming Back?

Exmil-DN

Hi all

Formerly active player but haven’t played in a couple years, would it be near impossible to catch up with PvP gear?  Severs very active?  

Also, is there anyway to login with an iPad?

Any thoughts appreciated

Thx,

Exmil

PvP gear isn't really the issue, it's everything else. But!

If you're planning on returning, do it NOW while the Hungry Hatchlings event is running (you have until May 27th). It basically allows you to catch up to the average player with minimal effort.

Missing this event will really set you back or make it nigh impossible to catch up unless future events provide similar rewards.

No way to log into the game on an iPad.

1 hour ago, Forgotten-DN said:

PvP gear isn't really the issue, it's everything else. But!

If you're planning on returning, do it NOW while the Hungry Hatchlings event is running (you have until May 27th). It basically allows you to catch up to the average player with minimal effort.

Missing this event will really set you back or make it nigh impossible to catch up unless future events provide similar rewards.

No way to log into the game on an iPad.

No, you won't catch up-  and it's hard to judge an "average" player anyway - class balance is much worse than it used to be and what is even worse is the gear gap - so a fully geared out +15 ultimate player vs someone in mostly legendary? not at all an even fight.

On the bright side -you  should at least come out with a legendary transform which would have been a major disadvantage for you previously - and you'll come out with a nice assortment of other items IF you are online consistently during this event.

Hi, @Exmil-DN:

I've been playing  since release and while @Rapier-DN does make a few points so does @Forgotten-DN. You say you haven't played in a 'couple of years.' Well,by that do you mean pre 6.0 or post 6.0 because THAT is going to mean a lot and I mean a lot of difference on what you remember Aion to be like or what our game once was vs what it is now because as of 6.0 there were, ohhh, lemmie see how I can put this nicely:............There have been some major, and I mean major changes made to Aion as of 6.0 that have, er, well,....will really surprise you if you haven't played since say 5.8 or something like that is all I'm saying (Sorry guys I'm trying to be nice here, but y'all know how I really feel about those changes . Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!....., lol).

So, anyways, now that we're past that. There is the event Forgotten mentioned and depending on when the last time you played was (to most of us 'a couple' means only 2 but to some it can mean 3 to 4 even up to 6. Hey I don't make up the translations ppl so don't prosecute!, lol) Leveling is now very fast. Oh and there is Demaha now if your an Asmodian like me or the equivalent if your one of those darn Elys who always wanna kill us for no dam reason plus a few more dungeons and instances have opened up such as Red Katalaim since you have been on last.

Aion can still be a lot of fun to play however I will warn you that NCWest hasn't changed. Response times to tickets is still good but that's about it. We're pretty much left to ourselves here on this forum so don't expect to be listened to here. This is pretty much a place where we, the players come and share some comraderie and if we can help one and other if someone is having a technical issue or blow off some steam now and then so feel free to share your thoughts and woes, lol. Hope I've helped some.

Good luck and hope to see ya in game!! :)

Sorry guys I forgot to mention Lakrums new additions and a few other things. Was in the middle of editing my comment and was cut off!! -How rude for sure eh?, lol. Anyways, If I forgot something I'm sure one of my fellow regulars will chime in on the matter.

Archived