Finally, no more AFK...

Gorokai-DN

Can I just say how happy I am to finally get my spacebar back and not have to AFK all day and night? After maintenance this morning I was able to finally get my Loyal Stormwing Orb, and the gift I got was the Viola transformation. 

Now I finally get to enjoy 21 days of [Event] Zudra’s Prime Gift Box Contents...

1 hour ago, Gorokai-DN said:

Well my wife got tired of sitting down at the PC only to take the weight off the spacebar and close Aion just to use it, so I had to start AFK'ing from 6pm-9am

Gee man I fell sorry for you, my main had the Loyal like in the first 20 days  or something. Even my alt accounts got the Loyal storm pet like 1,5 weeks ago or something.

Get a new pc for your or a laptop for your wife, or show her farmville in facebook, women like that stuff.

I'm glad you're lightening up on the spacebar, but you're providing an opportunity to give pointers to other players.

Putting a weight on the spacebar makes you jump and conspicuous to other players.

You can use other keys besides spacebar, but not just any key. You may have to experiment, but I hear that the "0 insert" key on full-sized keyboards--a big convenient key in the bottom row of the numeric keypad--prevents AFK detection without making you jump. I would not want to admit I ever did this, because it's probably against the rules.

However, I have noticed that my Windows 10 computers (both PC and laptop) do not detect AFK and disconnect for the most recently activated window. I don't know the full story, but I come to my computer many mornings and see the active window still logged in. I have no idea how this could be against the rules.

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Get a new pc for your or a laptop for your wife, or show her farmville in facebook, women like that stuff.

Stardew Valley!

and I'd go sit AFK in my studio with the left and right arrow keys taped down whenever there were AFK events.

5 hours ago, Glinda-EK said:

I'm glad you're lightening up on the spacebar, but you're providing an opportunity to give pointers to other players.

Putting a weight on the spacebar makes you jump and conspicuous to other players.

You can use other keys besides spacebar, but not just any key. You may have to experiment, but I hear that the "0 insert" key on full-sized keyboards--a big convenient key in the bottom row of the numeric keypad--prevents AFK detection without making you jump. I would not want to admit I ever did this, because it's probably against the rules.

However, I have noticed that my Windows 10 computers (both PC and laptop) do not detect AFK and disconnect for the most recently activated window. I don't know the full story, but I come to my computer many mornings and see the active window still logged in. I have no idea how this could be against the rules.

None of it is against the rules, the keyboard is a legal 3rd party application input for Aion, along with controllers and mouse. Even a nostromo wouldn't constitute a bot, because it spams keys.

Bots require input as well, reading of memory or doing more elaborate tasks that require artificial intelligence algorithms.

Just go to any obelisk and see the jumping jack event, none of these characters break the rules.

Archived