Ring Event (or kinah sink event)

Arhangelos

I can't be the only one who has never managed to get a single brilliant ring so far. I have only gotten ONE ultimate ring by appraising the quest ring and it obviously didn't become brilliant.

I always get ancient or legendary and they all fail first try, I think only 2 times did I manage to upgrade a ring from ancient to legendary, never a legendary to ultimate.

#ΤινΑυτοΡαε

I've been really lucky and gotten 7 out of probably 20-25 attempts. I think this event was meant to drive down the in game economy though and possibly reign in some inflation. Not that there has been much of an in game economy since 6.2.

4 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

I've been really lucky and gotten 7 out of probably 20-25 attempts. I think this event was meant to drive down the in game economy though and possibly reign in some inflation. Not that there has been much of an in game economy since 6.2.

I have done more than 30 for sure, I didn't even keep a count and not a single brilliant.

I'm tried 45 rings so far. I've had 38 Ancient rings (36 exploded upon upgrade, 2 successful upgrades), 6 Legendary (all exploded upon upgrade), 1 Ultimate that successfully upgraded to Brilliant.

This coupled with the Ultimate Stormwing manastone event and the socketing event is the first time an event(s) actually paid off for me.

17 hours ago, Gorokai-DN said:

I'm tried 45 rings so far. I've had 38 Ancient rings (36 exploded upon upgrade, 2 successful upgrades), 6 Legendary (all exploded upon upgrade), 1 Ultimate that successfully upgraded to Brilliant.

This coupled with the Ultimate Stormwing manastone event and the socketing event is the first time an event(s) actually paid off for me.

So you got one brilliant, well I got 0, so until now that event flopped badly for me. If I also get me ONE brilliant I will regard it successful as I want to get me the earrings.

The stormwing event is absolutely amazing because it has 0 RNG, it is pure effort-to-rewards. I made sure to do all lugbugs while still leveling it and I kept my char logged for the maximum amount of tokens per day so I leveled mine super fast and I enjoy the good rewards for months.

Don't give up! I constantly failed ancient to legendary until just yesterday i finally got my brilliant ring in one go. I know it's really demoralizing to see constant failure but keep trying and if it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

13 hours ago, Chibi-DN said:

Don't give up! I constantly failed ancient to legendary until just yesterday i finally got my brilliant ring in one go. I know it's really demoralizing to see constant failure but keep trying and if it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

Whenever I get a ring, I appraise it and whatever type it is I always try to upgrade it, none of the ring rewards are worthy unless it is brilliant so yes, this is what I am doing. I won't expect to get a brilliant, and if I do get one I'll simply be happy.

Event is finally over.

I have upraised more than 100 rings because I did a lot in alts that were afk in for stormwing tokens while upgrading the pet. So I was like "let me appraise those as well".

On my main nothing changed, I had gotten one ultimate ring directly from appraising which didn't upgrade. Everything else was ancient or some legendary they were all becoming dust at first try, 2 ancient out of the 20 or something upgraded to legendary and then burn. Not a single legendary upgraded to ultimate.

On my alts, I have gotten 0 ultimates by appraising, and 0 ultimates by upgrading. I had 7 ancient rings upgraded to legendary and 0 legendaries upgraded to ultimate, everything eventually became dust.

~~
I couldn't have done anything better, nor could I try harder to get more rings. This was probably the most ridiculous event I ever had to witness. If we ever get it again I'll be deleting the rings that are appraised and not ultimate already, because opening them for the 7-day enchants is also ridiculous, and to open them you had to go to a pvp spot that many times it was camped by elyos hordes.

Archived