Lost character names

Remnant-DN

Hello Everyone,
I have decided to give aion a try after a long break, but when i log into my char selection screen i see that all my characters have wierd numeric names, i do believe i have the right to protest against such robotic nicknames T.T hehe please let me know if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Regards!

From the Merge FAQ..

On 8/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What will happen to my name?
Unfortunately, all names will be reset. Originally, we anticipated the characters names to take after the server abbreviation, but that is no longer the case. All character will be assigned a temporary name, and all characters will receive a Name Change ticket so their names be can reacquired on a first-come, first-served basis. We will work to mitigate cases of identity theft, so please avoid taking names that you have not used previously and do not take a name from another active player. If you feel a name has been taken from you, support will be handling the requests.

Character Name Change and Legion Name Change tickets will be temporarily unavailable starting on October 4. They will be made available sometime after the merges.

What to do if you feel someone has taken a name you have a right to..

On 10/6/2017 at 5:03 PM, Cyan said:

Greetings Daevas,

Server merges are happening on Wednesday, October 11. Character names and Legion names will be reset, and all character will receive a Name Change Ticket and Legion Brigade Generals will receive a Legion Name Change to reacquire the names they were using before the merge.

Of course we expect there to be conflicts as players with the same name on different servers may be attempting to reclaim their ownership on the new merged server. We’ll be helping directly mediate any name ownership disputes through our Customer Support department.

For us to be able to assist everyone as quickly as possible, please be aware of the following:

• Only reacquire a name you were actively using prior to the server merges. If you have no prior claim to the name and a dispute is filed, you will lose it. Further, if there is malicious intent found to be behind you acquiring the name, action can and will be taken against your account.
  • Do not hold names for friends. A name ownership dispute is the appropriate avenue for them to resolve their request. Also be aware Legion/Character Name Change tickets will also temporarily be made unavailable for purchase following the merge, which will make saving names more difficult for both of you.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and determining rightful ownership based on the following:

• Are both characters level 65+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, ownership will be given to the character with the earliest creation date
  • Are both legions recently active with active players?
    • If not, the more active legion will be given the name
    • If so, ownership will be given to the legion with the highest contribution

Please understand that name ownership disputes may take time based on overall request volume, with the average wait time being up to a week or longer. We’ll be handling these requests in the order in which they’re received.

You have up to 30 days from the merge date to submit an appeal for a name ownership dispute.

• 3 months later...

I came here to see why somebody revived this old thread. But he has no nickname so looks like he need info. 

If you do not remember the names you used, probably they are not so important to you, right? :P 

If you still have the same game folder than before, you can aslo check if you still have your screenshots. maybe you have some and you will see your names. You can also try to find some of your old friends and maybe after explaining them who you are (your main name at least) they will remember some of your alts too. If nothing of this works, you can try your luck by sending a ticket and maybe somebody from support can check that for you. (they had that information to check disputes with a name)

4 hours ago, 1s14547B-KT said:

my name is corrupted too and i don't have a change name scroll... i want my name back please...

First. Your name is not corrupted. We were all given unique "merge" names after the server merge we had several months ago.

Second. In your inventory you will find a name change ticket. Look around for it. If you don't have one you would literally be the very first person that didn't. If you actually looked around and don't have one, send a ticket to Support and ask for one.

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

First. Your name is not corrupted. We were all given unique "merge" names after the server merge we had several months ago.

Second. In your inventory you will find a name change ticket. Look around for it. If you don't have one you would literally be the very first person that didn't. If you actually looked around and don't have one, send a ticket to Support and ask for one.

man I'm looking for that name change ticket, and is not in my inventory nor in the mail box... where is supposed to be?

I've just come back to Aion (ie: today) after a very long break and discovered the name of main character has now been taken by someone else. The character in question is level 61. I originally started playing Aion about a week after the game was released so I had had the name a long time and if account creation factors in, would it be worth my time to dispute it?

Just now, Toluca-DN said:

I've just come back to Aion (ie: today) after a very long break and discovered the name of main character has now been taken by someone else. The character in question is level 61. I originally started playing Aion about a week after the game was released so I had had the name a long time and if account creation factors in, would it be worth my time to dispute it?

No.

The time limit to dispute names has come and gone. 

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

No.

The time limit to dispute names has come and gone. 

Really? Darn. I never received any kind of notification regarding a server merge or even a time limit to dispute names so double darn. Oh well. I guess I'll try and come up with some new then. Thanks for your reply. 

Archived