Was this really just a fail??

Abra-DN

I really didn't want to just come rage here but, there's just too many things you guys should have considered before even trying to do a merge.

1. Housing expenses: Some characters lost the money they actually spent on their houses, without even mentioning decorations.

2. Name changes: Went ahead and changed characters names because "someone else was the rightful owner", so if I'm the rightful owner, having that character since god knows when (Actually, God knows, 2010), why do I have to get a random name.

3. Site: I have been trying to reach support about all this issues, but guess what? Your site is not logging in the right account, so lets say, if I go on a public computer and I log my account and go to support, next person logging in (thinking they'd be logging on Aion) would have access to my account's support site because only after a LOT of tries, it actually logs off. As a result of this, I hope you find my tickets because they have been going into another account as I just noticed it has been the wrong account.

So yeah end of angry post, but really people, why didn't you find better solutions, community-accepted solutions before doing all this mess?

It's because the player base does not meet their standards and what remains is not significant enough for them to be bothered to communicate with. It's a shame to see how low NCSoft is but I rather deal with Pearl Abyss at this point and stay with Black Desert Online because I can see that the Aion staff do not care about the players what so ever. The fact that I actually lost names that I held on to since 09 is ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Abra-DN said:

3. Site: I have been trying to reach support about all this issues, but guess what? Your site is not logging in the right account, so lets say, if I go on a public computer and I log my account and go to support, next person logging in (thinking they'd be logging on Aion) would have access to my account's support site because only after a LOT of tries, it actually logs off. As a result of this, I hope you find my tickets because they have been going into another account as I just noticed it has been the wrong account.

Hi Abra. Sadly everything is a mess. I think i can only help you with the account issue tho. Luckly I play always at home but we are 2 active players so when we need to make a ticket in different accounts what we do is close firefox (in my case i use that one) and the cookies get erased cuz i already set it like that. Since you are using public computers you should be searching how to erase cookies and other information in the program you use not only for the safety of aion accounts also for any email or other site you use.

good luck :)

1. Housing Expenses.. Cyan said that some players who were trying to cheat the system and buying/selling houses for inflated amounts would not receive their purchase price back. We were warned about that, though some people who did not do this only received the min amt back for their property. It has been suggested that if you were ever "late" on your housing payment, your purchase price was reset to the min by the system and that's why some got back such a low price. Not sure how NCSoft can fix that, but they should. As for your housing items, we have been told that we need to contact Support for any one-use items in our houses that we lost that we paid either luna or NCoin for and they will return it to us.

2. Names.. Not sure why all the names were reset, but we were warned. We have also been given a clear path towards regaining names that were taken before we could login that we feel we are entitled to. It's clunkly and it requires patience, but everything should come out alright in the end.

3. Site.. I haven't had those issues with the site. Support opens just fine for me and I have used it tons of times since the merge. Not sure why you are having problems. Try a different browser maybe?

Site/Support logs back into the same account as you've last logged despite having "logged out" if you have not cleared your browser history/cache/cookies afterwards.  Once that's cleared, you log into your new 2nd / 3rd accounts just fine so long as after each log, you clear your browser history.  

6 hours ago, Zeyra-KT said:

Hi Abra. Sadly everything is a mess. I think i can only help you with the account issue tho. Luckly I play always at home but we are 2 active players so when we need to make a ticket in different accounts what we do is close firefox (in my case i use that one) and the cookies get erased cuz i already set it like that. Since you are using public computers you should be searching how to erase cookies and other information in the program you use not only for the safety of aion accounts also for any email or other site you use.

good luck :)

I'm not really on a public PC but it's still an issue, and I did try deleting cookies but it remained the same, only thing I can do against this is opening a private window for one account, then use main browser for another.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

2. Names.. Not sure why all the names were reset, but we were warned. We have also been given a clear path towards regaining names that were taken before we could login that we feel we are entitled to. It's clunkly and it requires patience, but everything should come out alright in the end.

Yeah naming is a real issue, they should have checked for double names before merge to sort things out, they took 2 of my names, one that I've had since around 2010, and the other they said the other player is more eligible for it, which I could understand, but it's not fair at all.

It has been about a week, now Aion took one of my legion names... can you flipping stop doing this?

Pretty much every person that was ACTUALLY interested in keeping their names logged in right after maint to save their names, now a week later people are coming and taking shiz.

I always tried to say you weren't a fail but the NCFail name fits you too well now.

If I get the chance now I will try to recover all my names, and put in use those 7 years playing this game, maybe then I'll be "rightfully entitled" to get what was mine

4 minutes ago, Abra-DN said:

It has been about a week, now Aion took one of my legion names... can you flipping stop doing this?

Pretty much every person that was ACTUALLY interested in keeping their names logged in right after maint to save their names, now a week later people are coming and taking shiz.

I always tried to say you weren't a fail but the NCFail name fits you too well now.

If I get the chance now I will try to recover all my names, and put in use those 7 years playing this game, maybe then I'll be "rightfully entitled" to get what was mine

So you and another legion had the same name but they had it longer and you are upset that they get to keep it? So the system is working as it should and those who have had names longer are getting them back.. and you consider that a fail? Seriously? If someone logged in before you are took your main character's name when you had had it longer, would you be equally as upset when Support did right by you and gave it back?

The lack of empathy is astounding.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

So you and another legion had the same name but they had it longer and you are upset that they get to keep it? So the system is working as it should and those who have had names longer are getting them back.. and you consider that a fail? Seriously? If someone logged in before you are took your main character's name when you had had it longer, would you be equally as upset when Support did right by you and gave it back?

The lack of empathy is astounding.

No, I'm mostly sure they didn't have it longer, they probably have more contribution. I'm not saying their system failed, I'm saying their system is bs.

I do wish things would go like that, to make more important the time we've had the names, but they already took a name I have had since 2010, what I'm saying is that they should have considered that first instead of as a second thing

Ahh. Yes. Legion names did goes to those with more contribution, meaning it is a more prominent legion. That does make sense and it was posted before the merge so we all understood how this was going to work. Again.. not sure how that's a fail.

Now how did you lose the name you had since 2010? The other person had it longer or was your character under level 65? In other words, did the system work?

Just now, Gabe-DN said:

Some people were  suspended a one to two weeks, those people will be logging in to reclaim their names so if you stole more names, chances are you will be losing them.

I like how you people just assume I was the one stealing the names, it was the other way around.

For example, a name was taken from one of my toons, because they weren't over level 65, a toon that I've had for a really long time and I even sent them a screenshot to prove it, a screenshot of a really old login interface they had back in 2010 if I remember right.

So yeah no, I'm not stealing anyone's name, they were mine too.

2 minutes ago, Gabe-DN said:

Some people were  suspended a one to two weeks, those people will be logging in to reclaim their names so if you stole more names, chances are you will be losing them.

Suspended for HACKING. If you ask me, they aren't entitled to names because they shouldn't have accounts any more.

But I digress. 

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Ahh. Yes. Legion names did goes to those with more contribution, meaning it is a more prominent legion. That does make sense and it was posted before the merge so we all understood how this was going to work. Again.. not sure how that's a fail.

Now how did you lose the name you had since 2010? The other person had it longer or was your character under level 65? In other words, did the system work?

The thing is... they only posted those considerations here on the forums, when they clearly have a LOT of other media to share it in, as you can see, there's a lot of people that weren't too much into being in the forums (I can say for myself, I was never here simply because it was a pain in the arse to even log in). Also considering how important this was, they could have made a poll or something to see what the people thought was better to do.

Take for example, what would people with twinks do? Are they not entitled for their names just because they decide to remain a lower level?

That's right. Twinks are not entitled to their name if someone is over level 65 and they are not.

Notification wouldn't have changed anything unless you feel that your legion could have passed the contribution of the other legion. Could they?

Still not seeing how any of this is a fail. Not agreeing with the guidelines isn't the same as them being misapplied. 

4 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

That's right. Twinks are not entitled to their name if someone is over level 65 and they are not.

Notification wouldn't have changed anything unless you feel that your legion could have passed the contribution of the other legion. Could they?

Still not seeing how any of this is a fail. Not agreeing with the guidelines isn't the same as them being misapplied. 

So why exactly are twinks not entitled? Are they not players too?

Not agreeing with me doesn't mean it's not a fail either, this is not the only reason why I believe it is a fail, the most important thing for me to call them a fail is that they could have avoided a lot of issues by doing things differently, which to me, means they needed to do more "optimization" about this whole merge thing before actually applying it.

Won't go into what I think of twinks. It's deep seated and a dark dark place. Not somewhere we won't to go swimming.

Just trying to get you to look at this rationally. So if they had changed the legion name thing to creation date and not contribution, someone else would have been here posting with their panties in a bunch because some tiny, alt legion had the name that he and his friends had spent years building into a power house.

See what I am getting at?

It doesn't matter how they had set the guidelines, someone was going to be upset. In your case, it would have been you or the other legion. There wasn't anyway they could have done this within the game mechanics that would have made everyone happy. 

It would have been a fail had they posted guidelines and then not stuck to them. That hasn't happened as far as we know.

Not that that will make you feel any better.

I'm not even too fond of twinks either, but I do still think that if they had that name for longer they could have gotten it if they wanted, and yeah maybe not everything could have been fixed but wasn't that bad to say "hey merge is soon and someone in another server has a name you own too so why don't you start thinking about another or try to talk to the other person and find a way" not just "hey you have no right to use this name, you stole this name so we're taking it from you, next time don't just go stealing names" Like really? How was I even supposed to know that in another remote server there as another person with the same name?

You are exactly right. Submit tickets for each name that you had prior to the merge. If your character had that name prior to the merge and was created before the character using the name right now, you will get it back.

Though it is really easy to check if the other legion has more contribution. Look at your server's legion rankings. Either the other legion has more contribution or it doesn't. If it doesn't, screenshot it and ask Support to change the name back. If that's the case, then yes.. Support failed.

The thing with the characters is that they weren't over 65, so as the other were higher, they didn't care that mine were created longer, I can understand it would be a pain to someone else too, but I guess I do care more about the players that have been playing longer than the newer ones

Archived