Any official Retail or official SEA servers ?

Sarawut-KT

unknown.png

I did find it funny they have Oceania on their new launcher list yet despite this not a single game they have caters towards the Oceania playerbase. Nore have they ever shown interest in the Oceanic region despite having the license for the region.

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

unknown.png

I did find it funny they have Oceania on their new launcher list yet despite this not a single game they have caters towards the Oceania playerbase. Nore have they ever shown interest in the Oceanic region despite having the license for the region.

This is one of the things I couldn't understand too, why do we have to select a region when we hit Aion button and this is the NCWest launcher that has only the Na servers?

These are unnecessary additional steps nobody needed or asked for.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 2:16 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

unknown.png

That's not true.

When I started playing Aion in 2009 we had a server called Nezekan which was specifically for Oceanic time zone players, it was great. Still based in the US, but it meant sieges and dredge etc. were in the evenings when people were actually awake, and home from work/school. 

Nezekan lasted for 2 years until in May 2011 they merged it with Zikel server.

maybe they just added that to keep track from where we are. And maybe if they find someday that there are a lot of players from a region different than NA in our servers, they will think about moving there. 

They had to move the games today. Some people say is about a better quality. IMO is just about money. The games are not providing the same income than before and probably the new location is cheaper. In this topic, I think it could be even cheaper to locate the data in South America. So maybe, if one day, they find they have more players from SA than other regions, they will move to a cheaper place. 

24 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

maybe they just added that to keep track from where we are. And maybe if they find someday that there are a lot of players from a region different than NA in our servers, they will think about moving there. 

They had to move the games today. Some people say is about a better quality. IMO is just about money. The games are not providing the same income than before and probably the new location is cheaper. In this topic, I think it could be even cheaper to locate the data in South America. So maybe, if one day, they find they have more players from SA than other regions, they will move to a cheaper place. 

It is about infrastructure too. I doubt any USA company would take and place their servers in latin america. They could have had a publisher for that region too but they never did.

NCsoft should get a globe of the world, project a straight line from the AWS data center in Virginia, straight through the center of the Earth, mark the spot where it comes out on the other side of the planet, and put an Aion NA server in the closest AWS data center to that spot. I bet it's in SEA somewhere. That would make sure nobody is more than 7,500km as the crow flies from a server.

• 2 weeks later...

I starting to believe the best place to locate the server is Hawaii.

The reason is just simply because  people in Hawaii ain't toxic like mainland despite my ping severely there.
I'm willing to play there and I believed there will be no elites,p2wers will go to Hawaii because their ping is really bad there xD

I know it's just an fantasy server location. But me for one willing to play there.

Archived