Bug in Animal Farm Race Event

Voltric-DN

Hello,

During the stage of the race where you are jumping over mushrooms and spider eggs, there is a section of the road where you need to hop over three gaps in the terrain to reach the top of a hill. The section I am referring to is just before the area where the roots shoot across the road in front of you. On three separate occasions after I cleared the three gaps and landed on solid ground, I was instantly teleported back to the beginning of those jumps and forced to hop over them again. I've had to clear that same section of the road three-to-four times in a row during a race.

@Kibbelz, could you please report this annoying and very costly bug? Thank you!

• Voltric-DN changed the title to Bug in Animal Farm Race Event

This same terrain bug has happened to me in two different races. There is also a terrain bug where as players are approaching the first coffin in Stage 4, they become stuck in the coffin and can not get out. I reported this bug in a support ticket, but they acted like I was complaining about another player attacking me with a slow-skill. As you can see below in the gif I made from a recording, this is a bug and NOT another player.  My sheep is stuck on the coffin! I was in either 1st or 2nd place and this cost me to be unable to complete the race.

ezgif-7-50a71b788c4b.gif

2 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Hello,

During the stage of the race where you are jumping over mushrooms and spider eggs, there is a section of the road where you need to hop over three gaps in the terrain to reach the top of a hill. The section I am referring to is just before the area where the roots shoot across the road in front of you. On three separate occasions after I cleared the three gaps and landed on solid ground, I was instantly teleported back to the beginning of those jumps and forced to hop over them again. I've had to clear that same section of the road three-to-four times in a row during a race.

@Kibbelz, could you please report this annoying and very costly bug? Thank you!

That part acted liek this in the 1st Daeva Dash and we kinda found the reason, that spot you jump go forward and upwards at the same time, so what happens is that it kinda rubber bands you back because the distance you cover is bigger than what you speed allows you and this is an issue with Aion's mechanics. This would happen in many cases in a similar scenario, you go upwards due to the ladder but also jumping makes you go even higher if that m akes sense.

What we do to avoid this is when you jump into a pad, you make a really fast spastic move back and forth as if you get ready to jump, so you jump, you go like 0,1m back and then continue to jump etc, this way you never get teleported back to the start.

I was a Daeva Dash expert the first time this event came and it was the absolute best event we ever had in the history of Aion until they brought it back with 6.2 outdated rewards.

@Archangelos-KT, thank you for the tip. 🙂 I participated in the first Daeva Dash event as well, and while this one bug irritates the heck out of me, this newer version of the race appears to be much less buggy overall.

@Kibbelz, thank you very much! To be honest,  I didn't send a ticket to support because I figured I'd get a much faster response doing it this way. Next time I'll write a ticket AND start a new thread. 👍

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Expired again, where are you uploading? I used to put my images in imgur but now that it requires an account to post, I no longer enter imgur and I post on postimage.org

That's odd I can still see it. I was using my Google Photos. Let me try one more time! I shrunk down the amount of frames and posted it on giphy.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

That's odd I can still see it. I was using my Google Photos. Let me try one more time! I shrunk down the amount of frames and posted it on giphy.

giphy.gif

Now it works. Looks like your piggy got stuck in an invisible trap or some sort. Edges of items do that many times.

Archived