CHANTERS pve DPS

MrDestructo-KT

It is just a train of thought, why does chanters have a really low DPS, recently with how Altars/Sieges and many other activities that are DPS reliant doesn't favor chanters because of their low DPS on their kit. Compared to our sibling class clerics, which does greatly on both why wouldn't they balance the chanters more so people have the same degree of freedom DPS/Support that clerics have. ( and please don't cite the pasts of how chanters are meant to be support only, clerics are meant to be healers only as well, why are the roles reversed or why did ncsoft create this Grey area)

It is very much Chanters in their current state are by far the best healer of the patch and Cleric the much greater dps. imo if we add SW to the list of healers I would actually rank them above cleric as well as healers. They made it so when you play a class that can be a healer you just have to pick whether you want dps or support. If you run a full dps chanter even in PvE if you compare it to the other 2 classes that can support their dmg is honestly pretty on par with a SW, Cleric being in a totally seperate rank as their damage got large buffs while their heals got nerfs, that is not saying much but Chanter dps is not bad but you do have to sacrifice your healing for this. The thing is people don't often run dps chanters because their heals are so superior to any other class if you run a full support Cleric or SW a Chanter can easily out heal them with very little effort. None of these classes are only one or the other this is why their 2 stigma builds are dps or support if you run hybrid on any of these classes they are bad so none are stictly one or the other.

18 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

It is very much Chanters in their current state are by far the best healer of the patch and Cleric the much greater dps. imo if we add SW to the list of healers I would actually rank them above cleric as well as healers. They made it so when you play a class that can be a healer you just have to pick whether you want dps or support. If you run a full dps chanter even in PvE if you compare it to the other 2 classes that can support their dmg is honestly pretty on par with a SW, Cleric being in a totally seperate rank as their damage got large buffs while their heals got nerfs, that is not saying much but Chanter dps is not bad but you do have to sacrifice your healing for this. The thing is people don't often run dps chanters because their heals are so superior to any other class if you run a full support Cleric or SW a Chanter can easily out heal them with very little effort. None of these classes are only one or the other this is why their 2 stigma builds are dps or support if you run hybrid on any of these classes they are bad so none are stictly one or the other.

True true, but when i look at the dps tree for chanters, you will find our highest skill talking about all ADV stigs/daeva, you will find that our highest skill is Resonating Dance 3.4k Physical damage, then Mountain Crash 3k, then you take a huge dip to our rotation filler attacks, you will find them with 400~800 physical plus they apply a penality on chanters physical attack, i have on my chanter 22.5k phys attack and i tried this on other classes, their seem to be a physical penality on staffs not doing maximum dps. All i want to know is why would they penalize a chanters dps so hard, when you already hurt its healing capabilities in dps spec. Unleash the chanters dps please v.v 

2 hours ago, MrDestructo-KT said:

True true, but when i look at the dps tree for chanters, you will find our highest skill talking about all ADV stigs/daeva, you will find that our highest skill is Resonating Dance 3.4k Physical damage, then Mountain Crash 3k, then you take a huge dip to our rotation filler attacks, you will find them with 400~800 physical plus they apply a penality on chanters physical attack, i have on my chanter 22.5k phys attack and i tried this on other classes, their seem to be a physical penality on staffs not doing maximum dps. All i want to know is why would they penalize a chanters dps so hard, when you already hurt its healing capabilities in dps spec. Unleash the chanters dps please v.v 

Yeah lets make them what they were in 6.2 where they were the best healers in game, best dps class and best tanking class. Nope, chanters are supposed to be hybrids, they are exactly that, they do decent dps, very good healing for a hybrid and they have enough survivability due to their defensive buffs.

This is what killed the game, that every class wants to be a canon dps and then we get insane class imbalances.

One of the things Korea does is balance more towards PvP and in PvP chanters are super oppressive so they can't tool tip for so high and still be balanced. If you just look at straight dps it doesn't matter the skills base is low look at cleric its the same thing full dps chanters without and heals actually do very decent damage yes there aren't a top dps class but the way their class is designed they wont ever really be.

With 23.546 atk my damage for PvE is really decent middle of the pack and for PvP there are times where it blows your mind when you actually get the kd and the crit on the dizzying smash chain it's about 70% of someones HP with 3 skill if you debuff them before hand you can almost kill someone instantly because most players don't expect the burst so they don't pop the big shields or dmg reduction and the chain is very quick. If you land the stun on OJ and they rs hit them with mountain crash into hallowed chain this will be the rs buff timer, If they don't rs then disorientating blow hallowed chain, into the dizzying smash chain. generally kills a person because they underestimate the burst. Chanter for dps is very much PvP oriented so buffing PvE would inadvertantly buff PvP making them again a very broken class.

Chanter is just really set up to be supportive in PvE and your choice in PvP with support being better for group and dps better for 1v1. It is just really important on changes to classes that they look at how these changes with effect PvP and PvE on the class or we end up with the very broken things like the 6.0 chanter

Just thought I would add a good parallel example SW their dps in PvE isn't very good but when you look at them in PvP their dps is good because of the way their kit is set up chanter is the same way. I could say same for ranger/gunner in PvE vs PvP but I can see where that would not hit the mark the same esp since SW is probably the closest parallel you can get since Cleric doesn't really count because the class is just busted right now. 

I hope that helps a small bit as much as I would like chanter to do more damage in PvE our role is pretty clear to be main healer as we just do it so well. Doesn't mean you cant be dps since there are definitely some Cleric that do not like the swap that favours dps over heal so find a group that lets you play how you want and have fun.

Archived