Event items that will be deleted

Arhangelos

Here is a question that might have been answered but I obviously missed if it was.

So all snowballs and their event affiliated items will be deleted except those purchased from bcm. Are you telling me, that if I make any +10 snowballs and try to sell them on broker will be deleted unless used before the deletion day? It makes no sense to delete event rewards. How exactly is this going to be fair to "future" snowball event? Whoever doesn't participate in this year's snowball event will lose the rewards we get anyways.

Meanwhile there are still unsellable+undeletable+undiscardable event items on a few alts of mine from a previous event that were supposed to be deleted and never were.

16 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Delayed reply (haven't been on in a week), but yes, all snowballs will be deleted. So you cannot save them and try to sell them later.

Yes this info is on the event notes on the bottom, I just wanted to double take that. This is the most obnoxious thing they could have made for an event. Snowballs are a reward, deleting that itself is awful, I understand the untradeable snowballs to be deleted (because you have no reason to hoard them and if you do, then you are trying to take advantage of next year's snowballs with the new rewards) but the +10 ones shouldn't. Or they could give them a few months before deleting them.

If they want to avoid people taking next year snowball rewards from hosrded snowballs form this year, they could give them like 6 months expiration date or even 11 months would still do.

This is worse than 7 days enchantment stones.

I've never been sure NCSOFT has thought though Aion.

According to the announcement, Brilliant Fragments will not be deleted. They are trading for abut 100 million Kinah now. So they will be tradeable throughout 2021, provided the announcement is accurate. However, it will not be possible to get the reward from a Brilliant Fragment for about a year because all the Icy Shards will have been deleted. We will have to wait until the snowball event returns in 2021. So Brilliant Fragments will be a bit like a combination of Bitcoin and futures option.

57 minutes ago, 20s6A35-KT said:

I've never been sure NCSOFT has thought though Aion.

According to the announcement, Brilliant Fragments will not be deleted. They are trading for abut 100 million Kinah now. So they will be tradeable throughout 2021, provided the announcement is accurate. However, it will not be possible to get the reward from a Brilliant Fragment for about a year because all the Icy Shards will have been deleted. We will have to wait until the snowball event returns in 2021. So Brilliant Fragments will be a bit like a combination of Bitcoin and futures option.

And then they will insta-edit their post and add brilliant fragments do the list and they all go poof.

1 hour ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

Every event they say items will be deleted after the event end and we never saw this happening ... So who really know ?!?!?

But this time ti is not in the item description, it is in the page of the event itself and they even said the reason behind it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Well, there's another thing about the Black Cloud Market. If you pay real-world money for something, NCSOFT seems to be shy about deleting it. So apparently there are BCM snowballs that are not supposed to disappear but you get from quests that will disappear. You can buy the Brilliant Fragments, so I guess they shouldn't disappear. Whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, 20s6A35-KT said:

So it looks like Brilliant Fragments were deleted. So I was wrong. They are not bitcoin. Instead NCSOFT's plans are not accurate.

Briliant Fragments were later added to the things to be deleted in the announcement.

You weren't wrong originally, but just like George Orwell knew, the ministry of truth of NCWest decided that another truth is more true so they changed all mentions of the previous one.

On 12/31/2020 at 9:20 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

And then they will insta-edit their post and add brilliant fragments do the list and they all go poof.

I read that announcement before Jan 11 and I believed Brilliant Ice Prisms wouldn't be deleted, but then I lost mine during the maintenance, then I saw that announcement  and the date of it was Jan 11 and Brilliant ice Prisms were in the list. I was surprised and not sure in my memory, had they been in the list when I had read the announcement earlier??? So, according to this info, they weren't?? Did NCSoft edited the post and add them to the list on Jan 11??? I could never imagine such faulty cheat from them!!! :( Why did they do so?? Please NCSoft, return our Brilliant Ice Prisms cause it's VERY unfair to edit your post near the end of the event!!! Who would guess to read it again after reading it during the event??? Bastards! :( :( :( 

9 hours ago, Motionless-KT said:

I read that announcement before Jan 11 and I believed Brilliant Ice Prisms wouldn't be deleted, but then I lost mine during the maintenance, then I saw that announcement  and the date of it was Jan 11 and Brilliant ice Prisms were in the list. I was surprised and not sure in my memory, had they been in the list when I had read the announcement earlier??? So, according to this info, they weren't?? Did NCSoft edited the post and add them to the list on Jan 11??? I could never imagine such faulty cheat from them!!! :( Why did they do so?? Please NCSoft, return our Brilliant Ice Prisms cause it's VERY unfair to edit your post near the end of the event!!! Who would guess to read it again after reading it during the event??? Bastards! :( :( :( 

Yep, ministry of Truth edited their truth. I told you George Orwell was right and I was born in 1984.

Archived