Returning Player, level 80. Best PvE / PvP Gear to Farm

ShyIee

2 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Title. Just got to 80 but all these dungeons seem like group dungeons and no ones queueing up for anything.

advice would be much appreciated :)

Did you get the Gelkmaros-Ingisson/Katalam/Lakrum ultimates? they take as little as one day as long as you grind a lot (you need XP marks for them).

• Renown level 4 in Gelkmaros/Ingisson = pve gear + pve weapon (you can reach level 4 in one day if you do all 5 weekly camp quests and have prestige for +30% renown bonus)
  • Renown level 4 in Lakrum = pvp gear and weapon (similar to gelkmaros, there are easier daily quests to do there as well along with weekly camps)
  • Renown level 3 in katalam = accessories and featehr accessories (they are both for pvp and pve), you can do it in a few dailies form the camps easily.

Once you do that, you must do Primeth Forge and IDD on their easy mode, it is kinda slow but you can get sovereigns this way.

You can also get sovereigns by that event coin npc that is in Gelkmaros/Inggisson, 600 coins for a sovereign armor piece.

And then good luck on hard modes, they are either impossible to do or I have read a ton of posts here that people cheat to make them.

Take into consideration 7.x and especially 7.7 is one of the worst patches to gear, you need a ton of pve grinding to get RNG items and then gamble for the runeslot and gemslots and what not.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Did you get the Gelkmaros-Ingisson/Katalam/Lakrum ultimates? they take as little as one day as long as you grind a lot (you need XP marks for them).

• Renown level 4 in Gelkmaros/Ingisson = pve gear + pve weapon (you can reach level 4 in one day if you do all 5 weekly camp quests and have prestige for +30% renown bonus)
  • Renown level 4 in Lakrum = pvp gear and weapon (similar to gelkmaros, there are easier daily quests to do there as well along with weekly camps)
  • Renown level 3 in katalam = accessories and featehr accessories (they are both for pvp and pve), you can do it in a few dailies form the camps easily.

Once you do that, you must do Primeth Forge and IDD on their easy mode, it is kinda slow but you can get sovereigns this way.

You can also get sovereigns by that event coin npc that is in Gelkmaros/Inggisson, 600 coins for a sovereign armor piece.

And then good luck on hard modes, they are either impossible to do or I have read a ton of posts here that people cheat to make them.

Take into consideration 7.x and especially 7.7 is one of the worst patches to gear, you need a ton of pve grinding to get RNG items and then gamble for the runeslot and gemslots and what not.

Thank you!

btw, I’m returning from an era where level cap was 65 LOL, so there’s a lot of vocabulary in this new update that’s confusing the heck outta me, such as “Renown”, the cube system, minions, etc

i appreciate your help and I’ll try to see if I can wrap my head around all of this. Thank you

3 minutes ago, ShyIee said:

Thank you!

btw, I’m returning from an era where level cap was 65 LOL, so there’s a lot of vocabulary in this new update that’s confusing the heck outta me, such as “Renown”, the cube system, minions, etc

i appreciate your help and I’ll try to see if I can wrap my head around all of this. Thank you

Renown is a system you gain by killing mobs and doing quests, most pve/pvp maps have it. It is like another thing like XP, the mroe renown you get the higher the level you become and the higher the level the better items you can buy from the renown NPCs

Go to inggison or gelkmaros and do the 5 weekly camp quests, you will understand, then in main city you will find the npcs that sell the items.

Cubics are like an additional feature of the 6.+ era, they are passive buffs for the whole account, once you unclock a series of them you get permanent stats.

Minions are like new pets, only they are better because they give you skills, passive stats and also act liek pets when paid for (loot on your behalf, alert you on enemies, auto take food/transform)

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Renown is a system you gain by killing mobs and doing quests, most pve/pvp maps have it. It is like another thing like XP, the mroe renown you get the higher the level you become and the higher the level the better items you can buy from the renown NPCs

Go to inggison or gelkmaros and do the 5 weekly camp quests, you will understand, then in main city you will find the npcs that sell the items.

Cubics are like an additional feature of the 6.+ era, they are passive buffs for the whole account, once you unclock a series of them you get permanent stats.

Minions are like new pets, only they are better because they give you skills, passive stats and also act liek pets when paid for (loot on your behalf, alert you on enemies, auto take food/transform)

Got it! Thank you, still trying to find the NPC that sells Soveirgn gear, I noticed everyone are wearing those, so there’s point to buy the PvE Experience Mark gear in Inggison/Katalam/L?

10 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Got it! Thank you, still trying to find the NPC that sells Soveirgn gear, I noticed everyone are wearing those, so there’s point to buy the PvE Experience Mark gear in Inggison/Katalam/L?

Sovereign was given practically free of charge by a soloable instance in the end of 7.2 if I remember when they closed Frozen monolith. Right now you can "buy" that gear from the npc in the main city (gelkmaros/ingsison) with event coins for 600 coins per armor piece.

Of course you can still get it by doing primeth forge and IDD and the other instances.

Are you asmodian or elyos? And also katalam or Danaria, with the new forums we cannot see classes or servers, my name is Arhangelos-KT but yours has no suffix.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Sovereign was given practically free of charge by a soloable instance in the end of 7.2 if I remember when they closed Frozen monolith. Right now you can "buy" that gear from the npc in the main city (gelkmaros/ingsison) with event coins for 600 coins per armor piece.

Of course you can still get it by doing primeth forge and IDD and the other instances.

Are you asmodian or elyos? And also katalam or Danaria, with the new forums we cannot see classes or servers, my name is Arhangelos-KT but yours has no suffix.

Hey there!

Shylee-KT / Elyos

shylee (L in the name is an “i”), some nyerk took my name 😂

but yes since this post, I’ve managed to get my full PvE gear from Inggy (Heartguard), and PvE accessories from Katalam. I appreciate everyone’s help here :)

4 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Hey there!
Shylee-KT / Elyos
shylee (L in the name is an “i”), some nyerk took my name
but yes since this post, I’ve managed to get my full PvE gear from Inggy (Heartguard), and PvE accessories from Katalam. I appreciate everyone’s help here :)

OK glad I helped, if you enchant this gear it is pretty good actually for many things.

Buy more of them, break them for manastone fasteners and use those to open the manaslots and the runeslots and gemslots. Enchant it to +15 if possible and it is pretty good to do most of the stuff.

If you are going to break armor I suggest you break Lakrum armor as it gives the same rewards to Gelk/Inggi but also gives spirit fragments.

If you get solvent extractors from lugbug weekly or renown NPCs, buy the wings and use the solvent to get the refining stones that you can enchant runes or gemstones. Wings give the most powder of all accessories.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

OK glad I helped, if you enchant this gear it is pretty good actually for many things.

Buy more of them, break them for manastone fasteners and use those to open the manaslots and the runeslots and gemslots. Enchant it to +15 if possible and it is pretty good to do most of the stuff.

If you are going to break armor I suggest you break Lakrum armor as it gives the same rewards to Gelk/Inggi but also gives spirit fragments.

If you get solvent extractors from lugbug weekly or renown NPCs, buy the wings and use the solvent to get the refining stones that you can enchant runes or gemstones. Wings give the most powder of all accessories.

Yes, helped a lot, thanks!

As a 3.0 player I am used to the extraction tools from before but now I’m having a hard time finding the solvent item

Is there an easier way to obtain it rather than the Weekly which seems tough too..

1 hour ago, ShyIee said:

I’m having a hard time finding the solvent item

You will get them randomly from daily Lugbug quests sometimes too. Alternatively, you can craft them via aetherforging (Shift+P) (level 1). The Golden Mixture shown below is purchased from one of the renown NPCs located in Gelk/Ing. It's fairly low level renown, so not too difficult. The Rainbow Crystal is purchased from a Gelk/Ing NPC (not renown) for a small amount of kinah.

yD7Bhi2.jpg

1 hour ago, ShyIee said:

the Weekly [Lugbug] which seems tough too..

The Weekly Lugbug quest completion is quite easy, even on undergeared toons. You can technically even complete it in one single day if you really wanted to. Here is what I recommend doing as the easiest option:

1)
fXcPl9l.jpg
Sunday is the easiest day to complete the Daily Lugbug quest, so if you hate doing it, wait until that day. None of the days are too bad, but that one's the easiest.

2)
3K6opj3.jpg
This is pretty critical to new/returning players anyway. You do this via Shift+P. It's a level 1 skill. It takes 6 Daevanion marks to craft one skill box. You acquire the Daevanion marks in pve instances. But you can also buy 6 per week with XP marks from an NPC in Gelk/Ing (not renown).

3)
icZwmQi.jpg
Woooo pve! Heh. Tip: Stellin Labs (SLEZ/SLNM) bosses count as 1 each, so one run of SLEZ will grant you 4 points on this quest. Minium Vault and Abyssal Splinter (easy solo instances) also count toward this. So just Abyssal Splinter each day and one run of SLEZ will finish this.

4)
UxH2O4B.jpg
You only need to complete one fort, twice per week, in order to do this quest. So go to one of the Gelk/Ing sieges on Thursday and Sunday nights at 8:00pm server time and then after the deity is killed, talk to the Lugbug that spawns right there in the boss room. I don't even think you have to actually hit the boss; just wait and talk to the Lugbug after if you want.

5)
Ms7C42Z.jpg
This is purchased with XP marks from one of the renown NPCs in Gelk/Ing (low level renown).

6)
OYdHCdI.jpg
Socket stones fall from the sky these days. This alt has 80 just from logging in (Daily Lugbug random reward). You can also disenchant (left-click on gear > anvil icon) gear to get these socket stones.

7)
TRlgSL4.jpg
Go flip one single Lakrum camp. You don't have to do the actual quests at the camp, just flip it to your faction.

VOILAAAAAAA

BONUS:

If siege time doesn't work for you (wrong time zone), then I'd recommend replacing #4 with this one:
8yHH2hA.jpg
You purchase these with level 1 renown for 1-3 XP marks each at the 7 renown NPCs (6 in Gelk/Ing and 1 inside the start/top part of Silentera Canyon when you first enter). I hate this one because it feels like a waste of XP marks, but it's very easy if I didn't feel like doing siege that week.

2 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Yes, helped a lot, thanks!

As a 3.0 player I am used to the extraction tools from before but now I’m having a hard time finding the solvent item

Is there an easier way to obtain it rather than the Weekly which seems tough too..

You can also buy them from Inggisson map in the renown NPCs (not the ones that sell items, the ones that sell other good), they usually go for 10 XP marks per solvent and if you raise your renown level in many maps you can buy quite a few of those per week.

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You will get them randomly from daily Lugbug quests sometimes too. Alternatively, you can craft them via aetherforging (Shift+P) (level 1). The Golden Mixture shown below is purchased from one of the renown NPCs located in Gelk/Ing. It's fairly low level renown, so not too difficult. The Rainbow Crystal is purchased from a Gelk/Ing NPC (not renown) for a small amount of kinah.

yD7Bhi2.jpg

The Weekly Lugbug quest completion is quite easy, even on undergeared toons. You can technically even complete it in one single day if you really wanted to. Here is what I recommend doing as the easiest option:

1)
fXcPl9l.jpg
Sunday is the easiest day to complete the Daily Lugbug quest, so if you hate doing it, wait until that day. None of the days are too bad, but that one's the easiest.

2)
3K6opj3.jpg
This is pretty critical to new/returning players anyway. You do this via Shift+P. It's a level 1 skill. It takes 6 Daevanion marks to craft one skill box. You acquire the Daevanion marks in pve instances. But you can also buy 6 per week with XP marks from an NPC in Gelk/Ing (not renown).

3)
icZwmQi.jpg
Woooo pve! Heh. Tip: Stellin Labs (SLEZ/SLNM) bosses count as 1 each, so one run of SLEZ will grant you 4 points on this quest. Minium Vault and Abyssal Splinter (easy solo instances) also count toward this. So just Abyssal Splinter each day and one run of SLEZ will finish this.

4)
UxH2O4B.jpg
You only need to complete one fort, twice per week, in order to do this quest. So go to one of the Gelk/Ing sieges on Thursday and Sunday nights at 8:00pm server time and then after the deity is killed, talk to the Lugbug that spawns right there in the boss room. I don't even think you have to actually hit the boss; just wait and talk to the Lugbug after if you want.

5)
Ms7C42Z.jpg
This is purchased with XP marks from one of the renown NPCs in Gelk/Ing (low level renown).

6)
OYdHCdI.jpg
Socket stones fall from the sky these days. This alt has 80 just from logging in (Daily Lugbug random reward). You can also disenchant (left-click on gear > anvil icon) gear to get these socket stones.

7)
TRlgSL4.jpg
Go flip one single Lakrum camp. You don't have to do the actual quests at the camp, just flip it to your faction.

VOILAAAAAAA

BONUS:

If siege time doesn't work for you (wrong time zone), then I'd recommend replacing #4 with this one:
8yHH2hA.jpg
You purchase these with level 1 renown for 1-3 XP marks each at the 7 renown NPCs (6 in Gelk/Ing and 1 inside the start/top part of Silentera Canyon when you first enter). I hate this one because it feels like a waste of XP marks, but it's very easy if I didn't feel like doing siege that week.

Wow, super helpful, thank you so much <3!! These really help break it down, taking notes ^.^

As far as socket stones go, I'm surprised how dense I can really be.... lol didn't realize I can just EXTRACT the darn item without the need of a Solvent *sigh..... and no where on the interwebs did I find someone that mentioned, "heyyyyy! you dense-elyos-nyerk-named-Shylee, you can just extract naturally"

so...then whats the point of the solvents? do they just give more socket stones when used to extract?

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You can also buy them from Inggisson map in the renown NPCs (not the ones that sell items, the ones that sell other good), they usually go for 10 XP marks per solvent and if you raise your renown level in many maps you can buy quite a few of those per week.

Thanks, I'll do a better job of keeping my eyes open. I thought I did a clean sweep checking all NPC's but guess I must've missed that one

*wipes sweat from brow

time to go check again xD

22 minutes ago, ShyIee said:

Wow, super helpful, thank you so much <3!! These really help break it down, taking notes ^.^

As far as socket stones go, I'm surprised how dense I can really be.... lol didn't realize I can just EXTRACT the darn item without the need of a Solvent *sigh..... and no where on the interwebs did I find someone that mentioned, "heyyyyy! you dense-elyos-nyerk-named-Shylee, you can just extract naturally"

so...then whats the point of the solvents? do they just give more socket stones when used to extract?

Thanks, I'll do a better job of keeping my eyes open. I thought I did a clean sweep checking all NPC's but guess I must've missed that one

*wipes sweat from brow

time to go check again xD

Previously we had extraction supplements or something that gave us more manastone fasteners than without but these are outdated and you most likely have non (and you do not need them). So you never needed anything additional to extract after 6.0 came, we did have that extra supplement but no longer.

When you extract accessories without a solvent you get manastone fasteners as well BUT if you extract them while using a solvent they give you refinement stone dust, you combine 100 dust for a refinement stone, you use the refinement stone to enchant runes and gems.

You also need solvents to extract gemstones and runestones for sanctifying dust, combine 100x dusts and get a sanctity potion the use of these is for fixing contaminated runestones or gemstones, when you enchant a rune/gem it has a chance to fail and when it fails it has a chance to become contaminated, you use a sanctifying potion to remove the contamination. When contaminated the rune/gem is 100% usable but you can no longer enchant it further more. So you either keep it contaminated and keep the enchant level as is, or you sanctify it to fix it and be able to enchant it more.

9 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

6.)

OYdHCdI.jpg

I wonder which sky you're using cause my sky's broken xD 

Thats currently the hardest thing for me to get now. I run 1 instance and maybe get a Ancient/Mythic piece to extract. That's barely 50-100 lol.... each extraction takes 200-350 from what I've seen

8 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Thats currently the hardest thing for me to get now. I run 1 instance and maybe get a Ancient/Mythic piece to extract. That's barely 50-100 lol.... each extraction takes 200-350 from what I've seen

Disenchanting one piece of purple armor (not accessory) is usually enough to get me 200 socket stones per week, or close to it. You can get purple armor from Esoterrace (solo), PFNM (group), IDDNM (group), etc. Those are very doable at your current gear level. Although sometimes that can be a detriment as many people solo/duo those instances for kinah, so it can be tough to find groups for them in lfg.

9 hours ago, ShyIee said:

I'd suggest you to spend 2 XP marks, get some ultimate boots (from lakrum to get the spirit fragments too, but gelk/inggi will also do) and extract those. They will give you like 500 fasteners and if you only need this for the weekly that is once per week.

If you are short of manastone fasteners just get the weapon with 6 marks, you get better rewards per Xp mark with weapons

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Disenchanting one piece of purple armor (not accessory) is usually enough to get me 200 socket stones per week, or close to it. You can get purple armor from Esoterrace (solo), PFNM (group), IDDNM (group), etc. Those are very doable at your current gear level. Although sometimes that can be a detriment as many people solo/duo those instances for kinah, so it can be tough to find groups for them in lfg.

Thanks! Although it’s been tough to do Eso since it’s group only and no one wants to do it (or even hold a group) lol

I guess I’ll camp outside PF for a few days 😩😩😩

7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yes the boots, gloves or shoulders cost only 2 XP marks and they give you a ton of manastone fasteners, enough for the weekly.

Thank you!! Great suggestion!! I did like 3 pieces and got so many :D

wow eazzzzzy mode lmaooo, finally my gear looks less noobish

thanks again all!

11 hours ago, ShyIee said:

Thank you!! Great suggestion!! I did like 3 pieces and got so many :D

wow eazzzzzy ode lmaooo, finally my gear looks less noobish

thanks again all!

But as I said, if your goal is to get manastone fasteners to use them for manaslots or rune/gem slots then get the weapon, it costs 6 marks but you get more manastone fasteners per Xp mark than with boots or other items.

And spirit fragments aren't as necessary as before but if you get items to break go to lakrum, do the weeklies and once you reach level 4 (super fast) get their weapons, along with the exact same manastone fasteners you will get spirit fragments which are used in Dark Talon upgrades (2nd best pvp set) or you can use those for the morphing recipes for enchants (which for now we still miss a few conversion recipes). Either way get the pvp items to break, they give additional stuff.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, ShyIee said:

Thanks! Although it’s been tough to do Eso since it’s group only and no one wants to do it (or even hold a group) lol

I guess I’ll camp outside PF for a few days 😩😩😩

Hi Shylee! I'm also a returning player from 4-5 years ago, so if you wanna a fellow lost company to do instances, I'm having the same problem, I couldn't do any of the group instances so far :(. It's been 2 weeks since I came back, more or less, and I've opened a similar topic in this forum about being kinda lost with all the changes, specially the map changes (I've played until after Upheaval which destroyed Katalam, Danaria, Tiamaranta and Sarpan - all my favorite maps 😢 - and introduced 2 new maps that don't exist anymore), and the changes in the manastone system. For example, I refuse to throw out my magic boost + 27/32 manastones which cost me a lot, along with some orange and purple sets that at the time was very difficult to obtain. Still waiting for someone to answer me if I can trade these for anything useful cause I can't extract the equips neither use in the lumiel transformation thing, so pretty much useless afaik...

Anyway, I've chars both Asmodian and Elyos in both servers (and regarding the names, I was so pissed that the names were erased or whatever haha).

51 minutes ago, Cannale said:

For example, I refuse to throw out my magic boost + 27/32 manastones which cost me a lot, along with some orange and purple sets that at the time was very difficult to obtain.

I don't want to sound heartless, but you're just wasting space in your inventory then. Those old manastones cannot be used in the current gear, and they cannot be traded for anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived