What time will name reservation open!?

Guest Sweetie

Guest Sweetie

Im really excited for classic but I havent been able to find information about when the servers and client download will go live just the "16th" but not a time?

Guest Narmina

Nothing to said yes.

all kibbelz gave us was more clarification and not major information.
I think the time for DL and precreation will be given by kibbelz or a news tomorrow or tuesday. and will get more information next monday about the release

Guest Sweetie
2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

I would assume after maintenance as usual.

What is maintance normally? I havent played in a few years. 

2 hours ago, Guest Sweetie said:

What is maintance normally? I havent played in a few years. 

This wont be a normal maintenance, it will probably last for several hours. They will announce the time and duration in these forums probably about 10-12hrs before the maintenance begins on the 16th.

Its kind of annoying they dont give us notice and annouce before hand or let you download, its seems like a very rushed launch. Normally all the dates and times are announced ahead so you can prepare. I wanted to get my old name on siel but at this rate ill either be alseep or at work. Hope my friends get thier names so I can find them.

2 minutes ago, Guest Dkny said:

Its kind of annoying they dont give us notice and annouce before hand or let you download, its seems like a very rushed launch. Normally all the dates and times are announced ahead so you can prepare. I wanted to get my old name on siel but at this rate ill either be alseep or at work. Hope my friends get thier names so I can find them.

I just said before they do give notice, every week in fact.

The only thing difference is when it's a big maintenance, like a game major patch or server migrations, then the downtime is often way more than the usual 2hrs. More like 8hrs.

9 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

I just said before they do give notice, every week in fact.

The only thing difference is when it's a big maintenance, like a game major patch or server migrations, then the downtime is often way more than the usual 2hrs. More like 8hrs.

I saw you do this on the other forum post too, give unrelated facts and jump the gun. I am talking about a game launch not a maintance notice. You normally get all the dates in advanced of when the server's will go live and when the name reservation will go live. I was there for the launch of Aion which gave you the time in advanced so you could prepare. 

5 minutes ago, Guest Dkny said:

I saw you do this on the other forum post too, give unrelated facts and jump the gun. I am talking about a game launch not a maintance notice. You normally get all the dates in advanced of when the server's will go live and when the name reservation will go live. I was there for the launch of Aion which gave you the time in advanced so you could prepare. 

Well you clearly seem ignorant about how NCsoft West usually do these things.

The 16th. when character registration opens, is a normal mid week scheduled maintenance date, and so is the 23rd. when Aion Classic goes live, and so it's the 30th. when Siel's Aura subscription goes live.

24 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Well you clearly seem ignorant about how NCsoft West usually do these things.

The 16th. when character registration opens, is a normal mid week scheduled maintenance date, and so is the 23rd. when Aion Classic goes live, and so it's the 30th. when Siel's Aura subscription goes live.

Yes but for a regular maintenance why havent you been able to say what time that normally starts. Just stop posting dude your replies are not helpful at all.

Guest Sweetie
Just now, Guest dkny said:

Yes but for a regular maintenance why havent you been able to say what time that normally starts. Just stop posting dude your replies are not helpful at all.

UwU

This is all I been trying to find out.

The time!!?

3 minutes ago, Guest dkny said:

Sorry,  I didn't realize you  haven't read the Aion forums.

There is a pinned weekly announcement of the maintenance schedule in the main Aion forum for many years:

https://forums.aiononline.com/forum/4-general-discussion/

Same time for Blade and Soul,  and other NCsoft west servers.

Guest Sweetie
1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

There is a pinned weekly announcement of the maintenance schedule in the main Aion forum for many years:

This is not what we're asking for but thank you. 

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Thank you! You are a good, helpful dude I don't care what dkny says about you. xP

Here's to hoping we all get our names! :D

20 minutes ago, Guest Sweetie said:

This is not what we're asking for but thank you. 

I think he's suggesting it'll be available to download after the maintenance on the 16th, the time of completion being posted in the forums beforehand.

Sounds likely to me, especially if they're choosing that date because of the maintenance.

8 hours ago, Guest dkny said:

Regular weekly maintenance begins at 6:00am central time (USA). Google for what time that is in your own time zone. Typically, a maintenance will take 2-4 hours. When Classic becomes live, expect it to take 6-12 hours. Also, there will likely be an "oopsy" discovered a few hours after it's live, and NCsoft will take it down for emergency maintenance for a few hours. This is generally what occurs during large launches.

• Aion Team

We don't currently have a time to share yet for the Character Creator's deployment, outside of our target of Wednesday 6/16. That said, I'd personally expect it to begin around 4-7am PT. Once complete it will be available for download for a short period prior  to actually being able to be utilized. We will share on our Twitter and here once it is live :)

15 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

We don't currently have a time to share yet for the Character Creator's deployment, outside of our target of Wednesday 6/16. That said, I'd personally expect it to begin around 4-7am PT. Once complete it will be available for download for a short period prior  to actually being able to be utilized. We will share on our Twitter and here once it is live :)

Awesome! Thank you Kibbelz! 🙂

Archived