Cleric Advice

Guest Mordran

Guest Mordran

Hi,

i played Aion at launch and will return on classic. Back in the days i played a chanter and for now I plan on playing a heal cleric.  Since i forgot nearly anything, do you have any recommendations or a guide for the class or for gearing up? Are class guides for retail Aion still valid for classic? I am not sure how much they changed until today.

Hey, welcome back i hope you have fun! If you dont find an indepth guide i can say a few things ( at least until you find someone who mained a cleric or has some well written guide)

First of all, clerics for leveling, are quite easy and really fun, you have pretty nice dps and heals. For gear, chain is the way to go with mace and shield. For endgame group  healing you will need a full hp set, but also you can use a magic boost set for solo play. As you level from 1 to 50 use any chain you drop  and replace it with the next better part. ( I am afraid i dont remember if we had magic boost chain in 1.0 or they added it later ). At 50 imo the best pve set is Miragent/Fenrir for clerics but remember to take your time and have fun making that set cause it is quite time consuming to get it but really worth it.

For pvp you can use many different setups, with full Magic Resist  to be the best choise. I remember some clerics also had a full block set in their inventory to counter melee groups. You can also go yolo cloth set with magic boost/magic accurasy and a staff for solo pvp but i wouldnt recommend that until you feel confident that you can play your class really well and also have the money to support it.

Sorry for not saying more i was not a cleric main but if you find something useful im glad. Have fun and see you in the game!

Guest Mordran
1 hour ago, Guest Pves said:

Sorry for not saying more i was not a cleric main but if you find something useful im glad. Have fun and see you in the game!

Thank you so much for your suggestions

On 6/13/2021 at 11:03 PM, Guest Mordran said:

Hi,

i played Aion at launch and will return on classic. Back in the days i played a chanter and for now I plan on playing a heal cleric.  Since i forgot nearly anything, do you have any recommendations or a guide for the class or for gearing up? Are class guides for retail Aion still valid for classic? I am not sure how much they changed until today.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:50 PM, Guest Pves said:

At 50 imo the best pve set is Miragent/Fenrir for clerics but remember to take your time and have fun making that set cause it is quite time consuming to get it but really worth it.

Miragent really was the best for level 50, but OMG what a total pain in the ass to get, am I right. LoL But until you get level 50 you can find what were known as coin gear that start around level 30 and those were Bronze and I highly recomend you do these quests because as a healer the coin gear offered a healing boost. Now at level 25 you can go into the Abyss and do quests there and get Abyss Points (AP). With AP you can get your startup PVP gear. The two pieces of gear I always started with was boots for the speed boost and gloves for the casting speed.  Oh yeah I nearly forgot, when it comes to picking the gloves for a Healing Cleric you want to choose the Cloth Gloves for the casting speed this goes for the AP gear as well as the Coin gear. When you are in the Abyss you have to keep an eye out for the apposing faction Asmo and Eylos.. Evil Asmos use to hunt me down in the Abyss LoL

For PvE Miragent/Fenris is the best it's L50, get the L30 Mercy full set in the meantime, or bits of the coin gear which I don't think has a set bonus like the Mercy set does.

For PvP you need either Guardian or Archon gear, they come in L30, 40, 50 and take longer than Miragent/Fenris to get the medals and AP required.

The Miragent grind is epic, but you feel great once you have all the pieces and get the full set bonus. Killing hundreds of mobs around Divine fort is best done in a group. I did it solo on my Cleric back in 2010 and it was very painful but worth it.

5 hours ago, Guest Tron said:

Dispel first heal second DPS third. 

Depends on your group. If you are in Dredge with PUG and there are 2 other Cleric, and 3 chanters, then it's DPS first. Yes all priest groups in QE have happened to me many times.

I use to dredge in a semi-static group each day that comprised a glad, sin, chanter, 2 x clerics, with a random recruit in the last spot, often a temp. I ran heal spec, the other cleric ran dps spec and we won 99% of  games.

Guest Kokoro

Miragent for PVE, Guardian (Abyss) for PVP. 

Mana stones MBoost/HP for PVE, MBoost/MR for PVP

Be a healer during fights. Because that's your role unless soloing. Good luck! 

Guest Tchar

As far as I remember for clerics:

PvP - Magic boost set (staff)

- Magic resistance set (mace+ shield)

- Block set (mace+shield)

PvE - Magic Booost set (staff)

- Healing set  (mace + shield)

For any of these, invest in macros since there isn't an instant switch button to switch the gear back and forth

Guest Nahilu

I played Cleric for 8 Years 

I was top cleric of my server for 3 years (during subscription model)

I had a 100% win rate on all my dredgion back in the days , all teams were leaving the dredgion we had no challenge. 

Like in EverQuest , people follow the META , but the best players are never playing a META build.... I can tell I am from the Solo Artist List on the WIKI

I can share my build today ... but a build is nothing without a player that plays the build and push it.

For PvP 

Hand of Reincarnation Stigma 

its a must being able to auto rez every 5 min , and when you die and use the revive , you put back hand of Réincarnation , on Hand of Réincarnation CD use Rebirth for a 3rd Auto Self Rez , at some point VS good team i was literally jumping in 1st to KAMIKAZE myself , and EAT 2k and 4k DP , then auto rez and JELLY UP with all my CD UP.

Sage Wisdom for LOCI 

Casting REZ for your whole Team on casting speed , followed by Splendor , I was always saving my casting speed for LOCI , it makes the team unable to cancel or interrupt  you  when you revive your party members.

DPS Low HP Target

A good cleric needs to DPS over Low HP Target , you must bind target of target , and cleric have bad DPS , but extremely good burst every 30 second , perfect to catch a kill and win the fight.

Dispel over Heal

In Aion , Dispel is Priority 1 , comes before healing someone at 20% , simple reason if you dispel him , he will be able to STUN or CC making him able to do something , if you heal while he being CC he will probably dies because he is CC and he cant do shit. 

I was TOP Cleric , because I was actually dispelling you before you even realize that you were CC and before the UI turning Green

Healing Potion Overtime When Full 

Potions are keys in Aion , a good tip is to use the Heal overtime potion just before engaging the fight while being FULL , it adds a good Heal OverTime on top of your other heal overtime  to survive the Burst , USE instant POT during fight.

Blessed Shield with Splendor of Rebirth

Heal overtime is strong in AION if well played , using blessed shield followed by splendor of rebirth + the potion heal overtime JUST before the combat starts when HP is at 100%. This trick helps you to survive a lot of bursts when combat starts.

DPS Stigma for PVP 

Something that 99% of Cleric still did not understand in 2021 .... Not because you have DPS Stigma that you are DPS.... Heal Stigma for Cleric are usally for PvE , making healing better overall true , but PvP Battle is about a fight of 10 second , the 2MIN CD Heals and all healing increase are made for long fight , Noble Energy DPS Stigma actually kill Target , making you WIN Battle while you are healing. Hand of Reincarnation Stigma is actually in the DPS Stigma and a MUST for PvP.  

My Build

Block Cleric (all block , 6 of the 8 classes are melee in Classic do I needs to tell you more ?)

DPS Stigma ( for Burst dps and kill target)

Blind Godstone 

Blind Stigma

Root Caster and LoS Caster (my weakness is caster SORC and SM , I STAY FAR FROM THEM AND LOS THEM , my team will always kill target my weakness 1st)

You don't need MR if you stand far from caster , stay far away , and win all the games because no other class can beat you.

Learn to plays with 2 Cleric

If you PvP with 2 cleric , ALWAYS have both cleric STAND far from EACH OTHERS , meaning if 1 Cleric gets CC , another cleric can dispel , if both Cleric are STACK , both cleric are CC and the team is dead.

Potions on CDs

Use all potions on CD , even ABYSS POT , I was drinking 800 pots a day for playing my cleric.

Hope it helps you Cleric !

MY GG Team for Classic DREDGION

2x cleric (if both cleric are stacked completly useless comp , both cleric need to understand to STAY MAX range from each others at all time)

1x Chanter (Group damage absobtion , Casting Speed for SORC ....)

2x Sorc (their 4k DP KILL , making them the perfect candiate for killing in dredgion

1 Templar (Group Shield is just OP but no templar play it , having group shield , with 2x acquital from cleric .... try...)

Chanter and Templar Party Member Damage Absobtion is huge along with 2 cleric that stand far from each other to prevent all type of CC for their team , 2 SORC is enough DPS to kill everything and their 4 DP is just too strong. 

When I was playing this team , we never lost , proove me wrong in 2021 )

Nahilu

To anyone who is a new player.  If you roll Cleric you will be expected to Dispel and Heal, period.  If you'd rather DPS please make it clear to your group that you are a DPS cleric before entering an instance.  Yes it is fully possible to heal most instances wear damage dealing armor and DPS stigmas, but it  will not be as smooth a ride.  Also you will be expected to heal well enough to make up for others mistakes.  

Just be mindful so we can create a better community this time around. Again being a DPS cleric is absolutely fine, However in group play that is not your role a majority of the time. 

• 1 month later...

There are only a couple of DPS stigmas at this level which would conflict with a pure heal build, that's Chain of Suffering which is more PvP than DPS, and holy servant.

In either build you can probably keep Earths Wrath as a DPS skill without bothering anyone.

18 hours ago, Alvie said:

There are only a couple of DPS stigmas at this level which would conflict with a pure heal build, that's Chain of Suffering which is more PvP than DPS, and holy servant.

In either build you can probably keep Earths Wrath as a DPS skill without bothering anyone.

https://maxperiod.github.io/aion/skills/classic/pclight/PRIEST.html

As of 2.7, Chain of Suffering is strictly a PvP-only skill. It can only target player characters.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, Aldimere said:

Surprised not more people roll block sets. Even early on they are pretty strong for countering them pesky sins trying to ruin your day or any melee class.   

Block sets are mainly when you are healing in a group, not so good solo, you loose too much dps.

Archived