Hello all, new to AION here.

SoulReeper-KT

Hi max level in game is 75 the only subclass u can choose is when u leveled to lv 9 there's 2 paths for every basic class excepted muse.

Every class is fun there's no bad class I suggest u should try them all :)

I might add some more explaination in Aion there's a system called stigma system,it divided into pvp and pve stigmas but not always.
Cool thing about it is it's not perma u can change stigma anytime u want :P

Welcome @SoulReeper-KT to Aion.  It's a really fun game & I hope you enjoy it.  I am returning to the game after a long hiatus myself.  I was there for beta & launch but left after about 3 months because all my friends who started playing with me left after the first month & I found once I hit my mid 30's it was a major grind fest.  Much has changed since I was playing back then.  There is now what's called the Fast Track Server (FTS for short) which gives major exp boosts for killing stuff and quests (and the added benefit of no pvp at all while on that server).  Then you have the Standard Server which is what the original game was like as far as questing & exp gains.  Certain areas are only available as a Standard Server option and once you reach Archdaeva status (66+), the only option for questing is a Standard Server.

Ok let's talk servers.  Basically what the FTS does is streamlines quests for you & gives them huge amounts of exp.  There are your campain quests (always yellow in color in your questlog & tracker and will be under the Campain tab of your questlog), event quests (they're pink in your questlog & tracker and will be under the Quest tab of your questlog), blue quests (they're a blue color in your questlog & tracker and will also be under the Quest tab too), and what I call "special" quests (these are a green-blueish color in your questlog & tracker and also found under the Quest tab) all on the FTS.  Campaign quests are the central story for the zone or your character level at certain levels.  They are your bread and butter quests essentially.  Do these and then you'll level up fast & move onto the next zone for more quests.  The blue quests are optional (well technically campaign quests are optional too since you don't HAVE TO do them all for a zone to move on but its recommended to) that usually compliment the campaign quest because they involve killing/gathering items in the same areas.  Event quests are unique in that they revolve around special events happening in Aion.  They reward usually pretty good items that generally are focused on end-game so they're prefect to put in your bank and hold onto for later most of the time.  Special quests as I call them are just that.  Once you hit 21 or 22, you get a quest to go pick up your very own studio apartment for free.  Its not required but something nice.  That's the sort of thing that special quests are.

The Standard Server, as you might expect, is pretty much a no frills kind of server.  Unlike the FTS, there is the chance for pvp (which means if you're a low level and on it a high level can come gank you).  As I said above, some zones (and all zones 66+) are Standard Server option only.  On the Standard Server, you have access to the same campaign questline and blue quests as the FTS with the same item rewards but the exp is substantially lower.  I'm not sure if the kinah rewards are lower or the same as I'm only playing the FTS right now.  There are certain quests that are only available on the Standard server too but those are blue quests not campaign quests.  It should be noted that you are able to speak to people in your legion & in whispers across the two servers but you can not group with them & your friend list will show them offline if you are on different servers (if you are in the same group & one person goes to the Standard Server for any reason and the other person follows, it will keep you in the group though).  It should also be noted that the mail system only allows sending mail via the Standard Server but you're able to pick up mail on either server.

If you can afford it & enjoy the game enough, I'd highly recommend becoming a subscriber (aka Prestige member).  Its $15 a month and well worth it.  You get an exp/gathering/crafting boost, access more access to instances for the day/week, given special currency called Prestige Coins that can be traded for many different items including tradeable/sellable items that bring about a lot of kinah, and access to special quests for being a member.  The quests range from simply talking to an NPC and getting a reward ranging from exp boost charms or gear to the quest where you go kill certain bosses in level appropriate instances so many times & then get your reward to talk to an NPC and buy some free item off the Black Cloud Marketplace to turn in to that NPC and then you get really good rewards.

Last bit of information or tip I can give you besides simply have fun is remember to do your quests at 9 and 55 that pop up to get a treasure box with damn good gear that will make you completely OP for that level.  That gear is meant to last you until you get to 55 for the first box & 65 when you get the second box.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, you're only allowed 8 character slots across the entire game (both servers both factions).  If you're interested in learning more about the classes, check out THIS PLACE for a generalize overview of the classes (it calls a Muse an Artist which turns into a Songweaver but they call it a Bard & then they call a Technist an Engineer but get the subclasses right) or check out NCSoft's Class Guide to see overviews of the original 4 classes with each of the 2 subclasses.

Oh one last thing.  If you are a Prestige member, pay close attention to the title of Event quests when you pick them up.  Some of them are WEEKLY EVENT quests which means every Weds on server maintenance/reset you can pick up a whole new one of it & do it again.  One that comes to mind is the one in Sanctum for Elyos characters to give the lady chocolate.  Rewards a bunch of scrolls, repose tea, and crafting/gathering boost charm.  Not sure what the equivalent Asmo quest is for that same reward.

4 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

One that comes to mind is the one in Sanctum for Elyos characters to give the lady chocolate.  Rewards a bunch of scrolls, repose tea, and crafting/gathering boost charm.  Not sure what the equivalent Asmo quest is for that same reward.

We have the same quest. In Pandaemonium, the chocolate lady is in front of one of the teleport statues, right at the front/bottom of the Pandaemonium map.

Archived