DC and Siege

Retta-DN

So I have a pretty good computer and it should not be having any issues with DC'ing while afk for 4 mins or lag so bad I dc at sieges..... WTH do I do and how do I fix this..  I am seeing tons of people complaining about it. You would think the game would be better running in 2021..

Getting disconnected has nothing to do with how good your PC is, it's how good your internet, the server, and everything in between is. Lots of things can cause lag or a disconnect and sometimes it's not either you or NCsoft that is the source of the problem. 

4 hours ago, Arazith said:

Getting disconnected has nothing to do with how good your PC is, it's how good your internet, the server, and everything in between is. Lots of things can cause lag or a disconnect and sometimes it's not either you or NCsoft that is the source of the problem. 

Then why don't I DC on Aion 7.9?

9 hours ago, Alvie said:

Then why don't I DC on Aion 7.9?

Do you siege in 7.9? Even if you do there probably aren't enough people to cause a connection drop. I used to siege fine during dead Tiamat server sieges in late 5.6 but as soon as the three servers merged together siege became a DC disaster until I started using a ping proxy; which solved siege DC's entirely from 2018-2021.

I would recommend using a ping program like Exitlag or WTFast; pretty sure they both have free trials you can set up the day of a siege to test the waters, just make sure you select the "Ashburn" or "Virginia" server option (regardless of where you live).

15 hours ago, Retta-DN said:

I am seeing tons of people complaining about it.

Me too but those people aren't using a ping reducer; or if they are, they have the wrong settings and once adjusted to the right server in Ashburn/Virginia they're able to siege without constant 30k+ ping spikes and DCs.

So yeah, give those free trials a shot next siege day and see how it goes :)

18 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Me too but those people aren't using a ping reducer; or if they are, they have the wrong settings and once adjusted to the right server in Ashburn/Virginia they're able to siege without constant 30k+ ping spikes and DCs.

So yeah, give those free trials a shot next siege day and see how it goes :)

Pretty sure NC is banning people for using them :(

43 minutes ago, Retta-DN said:

Pretty sure NC is banning people for using them :(

They're not. People call them "VPNs" despite ping proxies and VPNs being totally different, and that creates this confusion. Using a VPN like Express VPN or NordVPN might trigger the NC auto system and get you banned. Sending an appeal explaining that you were using a VPN should get your account unlocked even if they say the ban cannot be revoked. This happened to a friend of mine about a month before classic's announcement when he forgot to disable his VPN before playing Aion.

With ping procies, only on rare occassions they might trigger the automated report system in which case sending an appeal will also get you unlocked. There was one incident in 2019 where after a maintenance people using the Pingzapper program all experienced this lockout and the {CM} at the time informed us:

On 5/11/2019 at 3:56 AM, Cyan said:

It's common for people to use different ping programs, VPNs, etc, to help with the connections. While there are many innocent people that use these programs there are also less-than-reputable people that use them as well. Because of this, there's specific IP addresses or connections that are blocked time to time due to working to stop bad behavior. Unfortunately there are times where innocent people are caught up in this due to sharing similar information (such as connections because of a VPN). And because of this there's a risk your account could be caught in this, which is why we don't officially sanction the use of these programs. 

That being said, there were some accounts that were caught up recently and we've since unblocked them. If you are still not able to access the game you can submit a ticket to support@aiononline.com and they will review it.

and:

On 5/15/2019 at 10:57 AM, Cyan said:

Just to reiterate, if you have been banned or locked out from using a proxy please contact support and they will be able to further assist you. 

So yeah, there is specific precedent of this and a long history of ping proxies being permitted. Only on rare occassions will a ping proxy get you false flagged, but running a proper VPN program is definitely much more likely to ping your account. Either way, an email to the appeals email address or support email address explaining the situation should result in an unban :)

Archived