If you're enjoying the game, do not open the forums.

Keller

First, I ask you to disregard my grammatical errors, because I'm not from a native English country.

I'm a casual player that has been playing Aion Classic since day one. I started off as a Elyos in the IS server, but I decided to change to SIEL, previewing what would happen to the server. 

I was having such a blast playing it with my friend, when I decided to check the forums and see what people were talking about. That's when I had my first step back in the game. The current state of the forums not only discourage people to try the game, it also encourage people that are playing to stop playing it.

But do not get me wrong, I dont' agree with the approach of NC West and Aion Classic either. It doesn't make sense that the game is P2P and it still has candies and bots around.

Yet, the point is: NC West probably doesn't even have developers (mostly likely just community mannagers), and everything people are complaining here now, was complained by the Korean Players six months ago. So, it's useless to ask them to fix a bug or release a new update or change the daeva pass... All we are getting is community and in-game support.

Having that in mind, regarding the IS situation, I do advise people that are not happy with the current state of the server to migrate to Siel. I did it and do not regret it, the Siel server is packed with players and it's a joy to me being able to travel through the maps and see people everywhere I go. And being realistic, it's not like NC West is going to do something. Just look at the Katalam and Danaria servers, both servers have 200+ players maximum and they didn't merge it.

To end my monologue, my advice is to not worry about the state of the game. Your complaints won't be attended by the NC West. Everything we have is dictated by the Korean servers. Just play the game while you enjoy it and don't worry about it, do not try extend your hapiness.

I do agree with you that you'd never know people were actually enjoying the game when you get to the forums. Steel Rake is back to being the "in" thing again, rifting is frequent, the areas are busy.

However, I'd suggest against telling people to abandon Israphel.

Eventually, most here are going to want to play both sides of the story. It's probably best to encourage people to make characters on the opposite side of the other server, and vice versa.  Having one server dominated completely by one faction over another does not make sense. Though I suppose since the "normal" Aion server is completely merging, that having multiple factions on one server is inevitable.

I dont have the time to invest in changing servers. I've made quite a bit of progress in my char in IS-E, I cant be bothered to start again in Siel. 

I do wish they would merge servers already tho. Or offer a payable transfer, if they did that I would probably pay to trasnfer to Siel. 

14 hours ago, Polychrome-DN said:

However, I'd suggest against telling people to abandon Israphel.

Eventually, most here are going to want to play both sides of the story. It's probably best to encourage people to make characters on the opposite side of the other server, and vice versa.  Having one server dominated completely by one faction over another does not make sense. Though I suppose since the "normal" Aion server is completely merging, that having multiple factions on one server is inevitable.

Are they really going to merge Katalam and Danaria? If that's true, it's actually recommended to keep playing Israphel until they merge servers.

But, if not, I still think it's worth for people to restart in Siel. How much time it will take for them to merge servers? 2~3 months, never? are IS-players even going to be playing when the servers merge?

However, that's not the point of this topic, we already have way to many topics related to merge. The thing is, even if you're playing the IS server and are enjoying the game, despite all the problems listed in the forums, don't think too much about it, just play it.

21 minutes ago, Keller said:

Are they really going to merge Katalam and Danaria? If that's true, it's actually recommended to keep playing Israphel until they merge servers.

But, if not, I still think it's worth for people to restart in Siel. How much time it will take for them to merge servers? 2~3 months, never? are IS-players even going to be playing when the servers merge?

I am agonizing over this very question.  However, candy, or imbalance has nothing to do with it.  Constant spam in LFG about merges, and how we can't do anything in the abyss, when we have two fortresses in lower?  Yeah, that sucks the will to play right out of me.  I had to pull two toons out of a legion because their chat looked exactly like LFG.  The irony being that a few days later they were running a recruitment ad claiming to be drama free.  Apparently they're not aware of what's going on in their own chat, except that, the legion's leader was right there in the drama.  So I'm really torn, because as much as I enjoy what's been presented so far, only paying for the base sub, I'm not sure I want to run around constantly in Group chat to avoid the drama, when I'm not in a legion, or a group.  I was in for about 15 minutes before maintenance this morning, and it was hot and heavy, and I'm not interested.  I can spend that money on fuel to ride my bike to the lake for the day, and get a lot more out of it than I'm going to get listening to a lot of allegedly grown people cry.

9 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

I am agonizing over this very question.  However, candy, or imbalance has nothing to do with it.  Constant spam in LFG about merges, and how we can't do anything in the abyss, when we have two fortresses in lower?  Yeah, that sucks the will to play right out of me.  I had to pull two toons out of a legion because their chat looked exactly like LFG.  The irony being that a few days later they were running a recruitment ad claiming to be drama free.  Apparently they're not aware of what's going on in their own chat, except that, the legion's leader was right there in the drama.  So I'm really torn, because as much as I enjoy what's been presented so far, only paying for the base sub, I'm not sure I want to run around constantly in Group chat to avoid the drama, when I'm not in a legion, or a group.  I was in for about 15 minutes before maintenance this morning, and it was hot and heavy, and I'm not interested.  I can spend that money on fuel to ride my bike to the lake for the day, and get a lot more out of it than I'm going to get listening to a lot of allegedly grown people cry.

I was in the very situation you are right now. If you're really not enjoying playing in IS and keep asking yourself if they will merge or not the servers, just reroll, my friend.

The question is, are you in a rush? do you want to be one of the top players in the game? If not, where's the problem to restart in Siel. There's not even endgame content right now. If I kept playing in Israphel, I would be Level 50 by now and maybe bored out of my mind, but instead, I'm farming my Kromeda weapon with a LFG packed with players doing the same. I do not regret at all, even if I'm not able to be one of the "top players", because, in the end of the day, I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

18 minutes ago, Keller said:

If I kept playing in Israphel, I would be Level 50 by now and maybe bored out of my mind, but instead, I'm farming my Kromeda weapon with a LFG packed with players doing the same. I do not regret at all, even if I'm not able to be one of the "top players", because, in the end of the day, I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

Gotta say I agree. I'm only level 38 now because I rerolled, and I have basically no AP to speak of, so I'm going to be very behind in pvp gear. Still, it's a more enjoyable use of my time now. I'm a grown adult with a full-time career, like many people here, and this is a video game that is supposed to be fun to play in my free time. I'm not going to struggle to even level up because this isn't real life. I shouldn't have to struggle like that. People can call it "quitting" or "adding to the problem" or whatever they want, but games are supposed to be fun. 🤷‍♀️

29 minutes ago, Keller said:

I was in the very situation you are right now. If you're really not enjoying playing in IS and keep asking yourself if they will merge or not the servers, just reroll, my friend.

The question is, are you in a rush? do you want to be one of the top players in the game? If not, where's the problem to restart in Siel. There's not even endgame content right now. If I kept playing in Israphel, I would be Level 50 by now and maybe bored out of my mind, but instead, I'm farming my Kromeda weapon with a LFG packed with players doing the same. I do not regret at all, even if I'm not able to be one of the "top players", because, in the end of the day, I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

The answer is "it doesn't matter to me".  I've played in Elyos dominated servers for my entire Aion career.  It made pvp easy to get, or hard to escape, depending on how one wants to view it.  The best part of this for me is that the abyss map has turned around years before it did for Asmos where I played in Retail.  I was literally playing for 2 years before I knew there were instances in the abyss forts, because it took us that long to actually get one.  When I logged out this morning, we still had two.  I don't think the instances are in yet, but the map tells a completely different story than what Retail's map told in the same time period.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Gotta say I agree. I'm only level 38 now because I rerolled, and I have basically no AP to speak of, so I'm going to be very behind in pvp gear. Still, it's a more enjoyable use of my time now. I'm a grown adult with a full-time career, like many people here, and this is a video game that is supposed to be fun to play in my free time. I'm not going to struggle to even level up because this isn't real life. I shouldn't have to struggle like that. People can call it "quitting" or "adding to the problem" or whatever they want, but games are supposed to be fun. 🤷‍♀️

That's exaclty it, you just summarized my point of view.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I feel the same. I rolled 5 Ely toons on Siel, and they are all L31 atm because I wanted the full 5 pieces of the L30 Daevanion armor set, and weapons. You can only get 1 piece per toon, and the full set bonus doesn't kick in until you have all 5 pieces. Leveling 5 toons to L31 has taken a lot of work, no time for AP gear yet. eg. try doing the  Daevanion weapon quest "A Sage's Gift" on 5 toons, which involved killing about 500 mobs on each toon, whilst getting ganked frequently. That said, I am happy with the progress, I have one toon left to complete the weapon quest, then I will pick a toon to start on Heiron campaign and instances, gradually collect some lesser AP bits, probably the L40.

I can't do sieges because of the frequent DC, funny thing is I use to siege just fine on Siel 10 years ago with a core2duo, 2GB of ram and a crappy ADSL 1500/256kbps connection, now I have an i7, 16GB RAM, decent GPU,  and 100Mbps cable, and I can't siege. Go figure! Either the game engine isn't quite the same, or there are way more toons at a siege than there was back then. Could be the latter Siel seems more crowded than it was back then.

Anyway I digress, perfectly happy to plod along, I kind of have my eye on doing the Miragent L50 set if a patch comes out with it this year. Also I use to like running the upper fort instances for AP if they become available.

Most of the issues in the forums seem to be from people that are in a hurry for one thing or another. "I paid for this and I want it now" or "I don't want to pay for this, and I want it now" threads which create a certain kind of mood.  All good fun, not in a hurry to level up.

Anyway back to grinding "A Sage's Gift" mobs.

Archived