Kinah Selling Limit.

Mijuzdetia

Let's discuss kinah sell limits, why is it currently so low and why having it in the first place, actually encourages people to bot.

At level 50 2-3 hours of grind will get you past your sell daily limit. This encourages you to make a new account, make a new character to level 10, then transfer the grind, sell it, and trade your kinah back to your original. Ultimately, you now end up having 10-20 accounts with new and different characters which can be put to use.   What exactly is NCSoft's mentality with kinah limits for selling to NPC's and why they are so low?  Back on retail when that was a thing the limit was like 20m for a level 50. Obviously a level 50 white item will sell for more than a lvl 20 one. Yet the limit imposed literally causes your inventory to be maxed out at all times and warehouse and have so much garbage sitting around you can't even play the game. NCSoft needs to raise the kinah limit if you are higher level. Thumbs up if you agree and please let's make this a big deal so that we're heard.

If you need more kinah sell stuff on the broker. eg. pink Tiger candies.

Balancing in game currency sources and sinks is a design problem for most virtual worlds, limiting how much you can merchant is a legitimate way  of controlling how much new kinah is generated in the game.

11 hours ago, Alvie said:

If you need more kinah sell stuff on the broker. eg. pink Tiger candies.

Balancing in game currency sources and sinks is a design problem for most virtual worlds, limiting how much you can merchant is a legitimate way  of controlling how much new kinah is generated in the game.

Whilst a concise write up of a specific topic of economic balancing it fails to address the point of the OP.

Having a kinah limit linked to level would make more sense considering the merchant value of end game rubbish drops.

No mention of scrapping the limit was mentioned, simply altering the amount by a certain factor. The level linking mentioned above is one way, I am sure there are others.

Sadly, nothing beats an active GM presence however......

5 hours ago, Pyros said:

Whilst a concise write up of a specific topic of economic balancing it fails to address the point of the OP.

Having a kinah limit linked to level would make more sense considering the merchant value of end game rubbish drops.

No mention of scrapping the limit was mentioned, simply altering the amount by a certain factor. The level linking mentioned above is one way, I am sure there are others.

Sadly, nothing beats an active GM presence however......

Linked to a level is pointless, there is only one economy, and you can pass money between your toons.

If you want to learn about the theory get your hands on a copy of  "Designing Virtual Worlds" by  Richard A.  Bartle, and read chapter 4 pages 297 onwards about in-game Economics. https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Virtual-Worlds-Richard-Bartle/dp/0131018167

There is more than enough kinah to go around, too much in fact already, broker prices will always adjust themselves to what the market is willing to pay..

It kinda strikes me as the same backwards thinking that resulted in them changing how Luna was acquired in retail somewhat recently. They had a bot problem in the luna instance which was also where they placed 99% of the kinah generation so they changed it to be acquired by killing 50 mobs each day to get your luna mat bag.  Guess who didn't have a problem adapting to that? Bots. Guess who did? Players. I went from logging into Aion even while I was working at my desk and keeping my characters running through luna to never logging in unless there was something really specific that I wanted to do. Kinah generation skewed even harder into bots. 

This is the same concept. Bots just shuffle stuff around between a likely enormous number of accounts to circumvent this roadblock while average players who employ a fraction of that number can't keep up. NCsoft's developmental solutions to this stuff has almost always created more bot-centric systems despite the systems existing to limit bots :l. Retail lost the ability to use their own account warehouse to trade kinah for a while while bots continued to funnel their kinah through the broker. Nonsensical.

tl;dr They like to dev around hoop jumping to deter bots but only ever deter players.  Who knows why their answer isn't just banning the bots.

53 minutes ago, Fest-DN said:

tl;dr They like to dev around hoop jumping to deter bots but only ever deter players.  Who knows why their answer isn't just banning the bots.

Bots farming are not unique to Aion, the problem has been addressed by other MMOs, eg. the original Guildwars where they introduced anti-farming code over 12 years ago.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anti-farm_code

14 hours ago, Alvie said:

Bots farming are not unique to Aion, the problem has been addressed by other MMOs, eg. the original Guildwars where they introduced anti-farming code over 12 years ago.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anti-farm_code

Guildwars is another game ran by Ncsoft.  Their methods of countering issues just seem to create systems centric to bots and not to players, who are their bread and butter and sustain the game with real hard earned $.  Ultimately, if I pay for a subscription in a video-game I do not want to be limited in my inventory space and have so much rubble items as a level 50 that I cannot possibly sell everything. I am then forced to make more than one account to bypass this limitation.  This limitation is ludicrous and it doesn't stop bots who have thousands of accounts. It does however, stop players,  from playing the game smoothly or at all. What am I supposed to do? Grind for only 1 hour a day then log off the rest of the day because I've reached my daily kinah sell limit? You can't sell shitty white items on the broker, as no one will buy them. Or scrap materials that monsters drop. 

Having the daily limit makes no sense since you can log a totally free account, trade everything there and sell it with them, if they reach the 1m limit, log a 3rd account, they are free and it is not against the TOS to have more than 1 or trade items/kinah to other chars.

They could at least have the limit only for non subbed accounts, it is funny a totally free account has 1m limit and a sub has 1m too.

Archived