Socketing [Guide] gemstones into accessories, why 1 slot of 6 doesn't work?

HelliosRed-KT

In Kerub's quick guide window I got a box of 6 [Guide] Red Gemstone (Gladiator). I had 4 Kerub's accessories and 2 Heartguard earrings. I began to try this thing and was pleasantly surprised that it cost just 1 Blessed Socket stone to open a slot in each Kerub's accessories. I socketed into them 4 [Guide] Red gemstones easily. No question about matching slots with gemstone types. Then I decided to try it on 2 Heartguard earrings, as I don't have Kerub's earrings yet and maybe won't have time to complete all Kerub's quests where I'll get 1 Kerub's earring (btw till when will this Kerub's event last?) . In 1 Heartguard Earring it took 100 blessed socket stones to open the slot and it also accepted another [Guide] Red Gemstone. So I thought, all slots are opened same way and match the given type of Gemstones. So I spent 100 more Blessed socket stones and opened the last gemstone slot, on the 2nd Heartguard earring.  Nothing is written on the slot what type of gemstone it matches, but it doesn't accept my [Guide] Red Gemstone (Gladiator). What is happening and why?

09i3AAT.png

BaMZtiZ.png

uPBfzMB.png

XM5gOip.png

It takes you around 30 min to complete all the quests on the quick Growth 1 tab, I don’t know why you would say that you won’t have enough time.

To answer your question: you cannot socket the gemstone because you got a blue slot, and the gemstone is red. All Kerub accesories open with red slots while regular accessories would get either red, blue or green at random.

1 hour ago, Nadiezhda-KT said:

It takes you around 30 min to complete all the quests on the quick Growth 1 tab, I don’t know why you would say that you won’t have enough time.

To answer your question: you cannot socket the gemstone because you got a blue slot, and the gemstone is red. All Kerub accesories open with red slots while regular accessories would get either red, blue or green at random.

Thanks. I'm often busy and have many characters.  When things happen like free (or almost) new gear for everyone, not  only 1 on account, it's much more work and I wanna do it to all. What is Aspartamian quest about Raz? Gathering? Is this event gonna be long? I didn't find it in "News" and Patch notes, but I had earlier read that retuning and enchanting for 1k is going to end on Oct 13. Then it's so nyerking expensive to retune Glyphs.  And it's not 30 min for me but several hours to grow renown to level 4 or  how much is required  for buying  Lumiel Transformation essence. I used to grow renown on 4 toons together by Gelkmaros and Lakrum weekly quests. It's longer than doing it for 1 toon, but 4 is much better than 1. Then  I buy stuff and then the renown falls drastically  fast.  And I'm really busy in rl now.  For how long will the Kerub's earrings be available by these quests of Kerub's Guide?

Also, I still don't understand how I can see the color of my opened slot on a Heartguard earring?  Where is this information? It shows no tips. :(

4 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

Thanks. I'm often busy and have many characters.  When things happen like free (or almost) new gear for everyone, not  only 1 on account, it's much more work and I wanna do it to all. What is Aspartamian quest about Raz? Gathering? Is this event gonna be long? I didn't find it in "News" and Patch notes, but I had earlier read that retuning and enchanting for 1k is going to end on Oct 13. Then it's so nyerking expensive to retune Glyphs.  And it's not 30 min for me but several hours to grow renown to level 4 or  how much is required  for buying  Lumiel Transformation essence. I used to grow renown on 4 toons together by Gelkmaros and Lakrum weekly quests. It's longer than doing it for 1 toon, but 4 is much better than 1. Then  I buy stuff and then the renown falls drastically  fast.  And I'm really busy in rl now.  For how long will the Kerub's earrings be available by these quests of Kerub's Guide?

Also, I still don't understand how I can see the color of my opened slot on a Heartguard earring?  Where is this information? It shows no tips. :(

Lumiel Essence is a renown level 1 from any renown npc, better get it from Gelkmaros npc to buy it with 1 XP mark only.

Raz is indeed a gathering item, it is 1p gathering material right outside Gelkmaros.

You get 2 glyphs witht he kerub guide and they also take 1 kinah, but Glyphs have only one stat so it is the cheapest to retune without an event because you do not need 4 stats to combine correctly, only one so it can take even one try.

The whole thing is supposed to be going on for 90 days, we already spent about 12 days so we have 78 days left for this. Not sure what happens afterwards and if we get a renewed version or another thing.

This should have been left intact for the rest of 8.x patch, if someone starts after the 90 day period they will be in a very hard situation.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, The Secret Cow Level said:

There will be a second season of Kerubar's Quick Guide which came as part of 8.2 in Korea. In season 2, you will have to complete Quick Growth I before doing any Quick Growth II missions.

That is great to know and puts a smaller strain on those that might want to gear their whole account and have little to no time

Archived