Low Level Stigmas - still an issue

Easycrow

Look, I appreciate that NCSoft is now selling a box with stigmas in the shop for a decent price however there's still issues with this:

1.) The boxes don't actually contain a choice of all possible stigmas. As an example I am a Spiritmaster that requires Spirit Recovery I in order to unlock an entire stigma tree. It's level 44, which means it's not actually contained within the box of stigmas on the Quna store. It also has had zero listings on the trading post for an extended period of time.  If someone can inform me which mob to grind mindlessly for a few weeks to get this drop please let me know.

2.) What state is the game in where stigmas for core functionality of a given class have to be bought for Quna? Yes it's affordable (for most players) but how did it get to this? Is it a drop rate issue or a player population in certain areas issue, aka not enough people actually killing x mobs to make x stigma drop? Can we address this?

3.) Some players have mentioned some mystical vendor that is/was in the original Aion that sells elusive stigmas. Is this true? If so, I'm assuming it's just not profitable to add to the game. In which case, please at the very least include *all* possible low level stigmas in the boxes you are selling. I will happily give you my money, I just want to play the game. 

Yours sincerely, 

Crow

HTJd666.png

Doom Lure, Curse of Roots etc, needed for both PvE and PvP yet extremely rare and broker for 2mil+ easy. My legion has set up a fund to help legionmates get on track with Stigmas but even so it took me a month for me to be able to pay it back.

I will say this, wealth can be subjective in this game. Many see 2m as chump change and so therefore there is no problem. I personally am happy to tolerate prices up to 5m for a stigma but the real issue comes about when there is simply *no* option to acquire a required stigma at all. That's when we enter into broken game territory.

1 hour ago, Cyfur said:

Spirit Recovery, if it's L44 you probably need to farm in Heiron or  Theobomos or the Asmo equivalent.

Generally an L44 stigma will drop from mobs around L44.

I think you are correct. Makes sense there's locust plague proportions of bots on this level mob in theo so I must be onto a good thing here lol. Cheers.

• 7 months later...

Here we are, March 2023, and this is still an issue. What is wrong with NCSoft? It’s a nightmare that, as a cleric, I cannot participate in certain instances because I am not able to open up my greater stigma tree. Mostly, I need Ripple of Purification but Benevolence would be helpful too.  Splendor of Purification is impossible to find, which is gating me being able to use any greater stigmas. At one point, I saw it on the broker for some ridiculous price, like $65M. At level 44, paying $65M is pretty much impossible. Now that I’m level 55, killing level 44-45 yields absolutely nothing - no drops whatsoever, so getting the stigma I need is 100% impossible. I really wish they’d fix this. I can’t even play the game properly. 

When the masses flee to the EU like some insist will happen, then there will be less demand for manastones and stigmas, so prices should fall.

The problem with things like Splendor of Purification is it's L44 from memory, so you have to farm very specific areas. Most bots are in Inggison in much higher levels.

12 hours ago, Trello-DN said:

Here we are, March 2023, and this is still an issue. What is wrong with NCSoft? It’s a nightmare that, as a cleric, I cannot participate in certain instances because I am not able to open up my greater stigma tree. Mostly, I need Ripple of Purification but Benevolence would be helpful too.  Splendor of Purification is impossible to find, which is gating me being able to use any greater stigmas. At one point, I saw it on the broker for some ridiculous price, like $65M. At level 44, paying $65M is pretty much impossible. Now that I’m level 55, killing level 44-45 yields absolutely nothing - no drops whatsoever, so getting the stigma I need is 100% impossible. I really wish they’d fix this. I can’t even play the game properly. 

I face the same issue with my cleric at lvl 55. It pretty much made me stop playing as a cleric and i started a new character.

1 hour ago, Rozeah said:

I face the same issue with my cleric at lvl 55. It pretty much made me stop playing as a cleric and i started a new character.

In other version of Aion, Splendor of Purification is available at the Stigma Tuner, for some reason in Classic it is not.

1 minute ago, Cyfur said:

In other version of Aion, Splendor of Purification is available at the Stigma Tuner, for some reason in Classic it is not.

Yep, the absurd thing i noticed in classic is that there is a stigma tuner in the sanctum high hall place near lavirintos,it only has 2 stigmas per class. Both of them are available through quests without purchasing them......

On 3/5/2023 at 3:26 PM, Trello-DN said:

I can’t even play the game properly. 

When the problem of looting and stigmas dropping has become so awful that people can not even play the class and do instances, THATS WHEN U KNOW ITS A MAJOR ISSUE.

15 hours ago, Rozeah said:

Yep, the absurd thing i noticed in classic is that there is a stigma tuner in the sanctum high hall place near lavirintos,it only has 2 stigmas per class. Both of them are available through quests without purchasing them......

Many of the stigmas that are needed to be sold by the Stigma Tuner, are the ones were people level up too quickly for them to drop.

eg. Your example Splendor of Purification, it's a L44 stigma which means it has to be farmed from L44 mobs. So it's won't drop for an L55 bot group.

I am not even sure where the L44 mobs are, probably Heiron somewhere.

I have been farming low lvl mobs, not taking quests on a lvl 21 and a lvl 35.  Nothing has dropped in world maps, only in instances. I ran steel rake with a high lvl 40's and never dropped rarer stigmas, only the same worthless ones over and over and elyos stigmas on the asmo side!  I have nothing against farming my own stigmas using lower lvls, if only they would drop.  Before the 2.5 patch I was able to get stigmas for nearly ever class but clerics off the world map.  I have not had a single stigma from world map since 2.5update.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, Fungie said:

When the problem of looting and stigmas dropping has become so awful that people can not even play the class and do instances, THATS WHEN U KNOW ITS A MAJOR ISSUE.

And that’s when NCWest team turns a blind eye. 

I had to file a support ticket to know where specific stigma drops. I’m an SM too like OP and I ran like around 30+ Haramel to be able to loot Body Root I a useless skill but needed to unlock the greater stigma. 

On 3/8/2023 at 5:22 AM, Aijumi said:

Its so sad, thats NC wont listen...

I was in steelrake for the stigmas and do you know what Grogget drops? Nothing, he was completly empty. It says, that a garanteed stigma was in there.... What a lie...

Yes. This is a nightmare. NC West didn’t think things through before putting the fast leveling system in motion. FYI, since Grogget is a level 46, he will only drop level 46 and level 47 stigmas. And, since I don’t believe there are any level 47 stigmas (I could be wrong), you’ll only get level 46 stigmas “if” they drop. Getting level 20, 22, or 28 stigmas is near impossible since we aren’t able to stay at low enough levels even when we try hard not to level. If I can’t get the stigmas needed to heal BT, then why play?