Solo pvp?

meme-KT

I love solo PvP. If I'm ever in a group, I'm usually with my gunner friend or cleric friend (who just got into open world recently), but i'm usually on my own. I personally think it's a much better way of evaluating and developing your own skill (without the need for heals or babysitting). You are right though, it's extremely hard to find 1v1s in open world. The most popular solo pvpers are classes than can heal themselves like a songweaver or chanter and sins/rangers because they can pick their fights while in stealth.

I personally still solo PvP open world, but yeah, I agree that solo PvPers in open world nowadays are almost nonexistent. 

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there's almost no incentive to be in the open world. Whereas katalam/danaria had bloodmark camps scattered across the map to encourage people to go open world, illuma/norsvold has basically nothing. The only reason I can think of for people to go out into the open world these days is to enter the tower of eternity. 

2 hours ago, Rinkusan-KT said:

I personally still solo PvP open world, but yeah, I agree that solo PvPers in open world nowadays are almost nonexistent. 

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there's almost no incentive to be in the open world. Whereas katalam/danaria had bloodmark camps scattered across the map to encourage people to go open world, illuma/norsvold has basically nothing. The only reason I can think of for people to go out into the open world these days is to enter the tower of eternity. 

My friends sometime run/mount their way to FoO cause they're too cheap to pay the flight fee. xP

On 11/20/2017 at 1:24 AM, Rinkusan-KT said:

Danaria was the best map ever made. Even better than kata since it was all open and you could easily walk across the entire map without interruption if you wanted.

I've also seen you solo (albeit not a lot :P) so you definitely get rep for that. However it just seems there are very few people left who consistently do open world pvp alone. Everyone can roll around in a league and shittalk but doing real solo pvp is only done by very very few people. It seems nowadays it's mostly scouts doing it (Thracian or Uhmmm do a lot of true solo pvp) but in the past there were alot more people like Aozora/Figma.

In my opinion solo/small scale pvp is what Aion is best at so it's sad to see it vanish in favor of boring ZvZ fights.

Can't stress how much I miss Kara/Samaria maps, was a PvP funzone and so refreshing after tiafailhamsterwheelpatch

I'd solo PvP more again if I hadn't taken a year out after breaking all my gear, one thing I hate about being a cleric and solo pvping is when ransoms add me to their group(I tend not to accept) and they seem to think that as soon as I'm grouped my stigmas change to heal spec /facepalm

The newish maps do nothing to promote solo PvP which is a shame cos I do like to take a break to pour another drink and that's not always possible when grouped cos when I say "gimme a sec, pouring a drink" the ransoms have gone chasing some poor solo chap and left me with a zerg facerolling me

I only solo PvP. However that means very little as there is almost no incentive to solo world PvP.

You either;
A. Kill people clearly not out to solo PvP and are just grinding or questing
B. Get stomped by a group or a collection of players

My routine is often run out, engage immediately on the first player I see, regardless of class, rank, etc, and then proceed to get 2v1'd by who I engaged on and the Sin in hide, or by the rest of the team that appears, or the Ely just runs to the zone travel lillies/birds where they have friends waiting.

The logic however is sound. If your enemy is confident enough to engage you 1v1, then they have made the informed decision based on their own potential to attack you with the intention of winning, and thus, as you are the presumably weaker target, you should escape and group with local friends to overcome a stronger enemy.

Kudos to Kidcutty, whom I have never seen with a group. Im only 71 so I have no chance in beating someone at 75 due to the level damage difference, but I try and fight him anyways, as I respect that, and he deserves a 1v1 fight as much as I crave them.

Archived