Weekly Server Maintenance - August 10, 2022 [Aion]

EMpulse

• Aion Team

Hello,  Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 3 1/2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Transformation Coin Promotion Ends
  • EXP/AP Double Boost Ends
  • Summer Flower Package Promotion Begins
  • Lugbug Double Shards Event Begins
  • Summer Flower Bonus Rewards will be sent via survey system
  • Players will no longer be disconnected due to inactivity
  • New Costumes, Accessories, Mount, and Promotion Package will be coming to the BCM:
    • Matador's Trappings (640 BCC)
    • Passionate Matador Hairstyle (320 BCC)
    • Greenwood Visor (640 BCC)
    • Aureate Picnic Hat (320 BCC)
    • Speedy Hamster (2000 BCC)
    • Summer Flower Package (4000 BCC)

Thank you!

https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/the-summer-flower-package-and-more-have-arrived

I don't understand why players need to beg for things to happen, and then by some fluke chance we actually get that something, it's completely insane. 

So you're saying that there's finally an option to re-roll the Empyrean Lord's Ultimate Transformation Box that takes at least 6 months (you need 6 breaths and there's a limit of 1 per month through BCM) to get all the breaths to create, plus whatever possible extra to get the 500 memory shards. 

But the catch is: there will only be a 4 week window for people to decide if they want to spend $250.00 USD on 5 Summer Flower Packages in order to get 1 [BCM] Ultimate Golden Key. The box can be rerolled 3 times, so that's $750.00 for 3 keys, that in the end could still not give you  the transformation scroll you want.

There's a limit of 15 Summer Flower Packages per account as well, so people need to choose between spending on keys or spending on the other prizes that are also mainly over priced.

Just....Why?? 😵

[BCM] Ultimate Golden Key -> 5 coins -> $250.00 

[BCM] +5 Paragon Equipment Selection Box 2 -> 2 coins -> $100.00

[BCM] Grade S Minion Contract Selection Box (10 types) -> 2 coins -> $100.00

[BCM] Ultimate Flawless Manastone Socketing Supplement Bundle (3) -> 1 coin -> $50.00

[BCM] Daevanion Essence Box (3) -> 1 coin -> $50.00

[BCM] +10 Complete Yornforged Weapon Selection Box -> 1 coin -> $50.00

Legendary Transformation Contract Selection Box (10 types) -> 1 coin -> $50.00

[Motion Card] Finger Heart  -> 1 coin -> $50.00

30 minutes ago, EMPulse said:

Hello,  Daevas!!

Here are tomorrow's  maintenance notes for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and will conclude after approximately 3 1/2 hours.

• New Costumes, Accessories, Mount, and Promotion Package will be coming to the BCM:

Thank you!

What is this Bonus Reward?

I got a duplicate ultimate transform with the breath+fragments, but I am not giving 250$ just to reroll on it, for 250$ it should give you the ability to select which one you get, not just reroll on it!

This whole thing is a sales event. The only ingame event we have is the double fragments from lugbug daily/weekly.

...p.s. you could have kept the double XP a little longer!

Edited by Arhangelos

Ok, this is absolutely hilarious.

A legionmate was wondering if the [BCM] Ultimate Golden Key was going to be able to get traded/brokered.

Sooooo... I went digging into the KR stuff and found:

The [BCM] Ultimate Golden Key:
unknown.png
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/182010128

The [BCM] 2022 New Year Coins [BCM] Summer Flower Coin:
unknown.png
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/186020253

The [BCM] 2022 New Year Package [BCM] Summer Flower Package:
unknown.png
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/188077999

Event NPC, Saehaenerk:
merchantflower.png
https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC/842690

KR Event Webpage: https://aion.plaync.com/board/notice/view?articleId=61d40408e4265a1b3afb394f

Well, at least we're getting the event the same year it was launched?

Also, I really hope whatever maintenance patch gets installed will update the current event data in game. We'll be stuck with +3 Paragon boxes if not.🤔

3 hours ago, EMPulse said:

Hello,  Daevas!!

Thank you!

Hey guys we know NCsoft wants our money but you DO NOT NEED to be so BRAZEN...  
Other years the events had a way to do both p2w and farm the event, now  is straight up p2w LITERALLY ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES IN THE VIDEOGAMES INDUSTRY  sadly for us other companies are following the same mentality... 

Needing 5 Sunflower coin for 1 Ultimate golden key that's equivalent to 250$ USD per re-roll that you most probably not going to get what you need/want.
3 re-roll chances thats 750$ , might not even get us anything.

This is really ridiculous. At this price, you're not going to get much people paying for it. People would probably just wait another 6 months to get another chance on the free one or wait for a better sale event. Even at 300$ for 3 re-roll chances its expensive ! If the cost of Sunflower coin for the Ultimate golden key isn't changed, sure, you're going to get like maybe AFEW players that's might or might not pay for it compared to DOZENS or hundreds that might pay for it if it's at a more affordable/cheaper price. 

Definitely not going to bring in as much sales if the price of the Ultimate golden key isn't changed. lose lose for both Ncsoft and the players.

Do something about the Ultimate golden key price, so it can become win win for both NCsoft and the players.

Can't you see that you are killing this game because of your exaggerated pay-to-win policy. P2w alone is not enough to keep the game running. And you p2w will soon be forced to enjoy killing monsters. There are practically no new players. And the old players have had enough and leave. If I go away, I will stay away from NCSoft for the rest of my life.

this is so fun lol it only remains to wait who will be such a fool to spend and in the end being easily defeated at least to me gives me satisfaction to beat the p2w, we already know that aion is in its final stages let's enjoy the little that remains  :)

250$ to reroll a chest we worked for for 6 months, and that is to re-gamble it through the RNG that many times seems like it is stuck into one thing from the list constantly.

Whenever we had the 10-reroll s-minion chest from events I kept getting deadly sheba like 7 out of 10 times and never a viola. I ended up getting a viola by normal combining int he end.

I would just like to put this out there its more food for thought...but anyway i have multiple legendary forms i use for multiple toons, i also have friends who are coming to this game who cannot get any purple let alone red forms! I remember back when the forms came out and i struggled to get a form for my gunner...These Ultimate Transformations change alot and have a hardcore effect on the community!!!

Aion needs more players...I cant stress this enough

I can also tell you that if you want Aion to survive at all...NcSoft needs to make money from the Game itself, now with that in mind the server population in mind think about the $1000 pretty much price...its pretty much $250 for an item that if you have full gear and you need a weapon or the red form you have a chance to get something others do not.......

The question lies in wether its worth it to you or not!!!!

NCSOFT see's an item that people say they want but they cant give to everyone or it will ruin the server therefore anyone who can pay the premium and has worked hard enough can get what they need....

Unfortunately This also means that there will be people who have worked hard who do not want to or have the premium to spend...

I think its a normal P2W event but its Logical...Honostly my advice if you dont want to pay the premium work to get the extra shards and hope for the best on your box ;)!!!!

OH TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS PLAY AION!!!!

that event items most useless with that high $ pirce 

If you can make some change like <[BCM] +5 Paragon Equipment Selection Box>  to  <[BCM] +8 Paragon Equipment Selection Box>

I love to buy many 4000 packages for my charaters also my 2nd account 

I think no one going to buy these +5 boxes for $100

and +5 paragon useless , FS full set better than +5 paragons , players will get free FS set from game , they arent that stupid to buy +5 paragon with $100.

12 minutes ago, Stormexia-KT said:

I will tell you this... getting gear is easy getting the transformations is a bit hard but not impossible... takes maybe a year or year and a half to get the basic legendaries with ultimates and Aion has transformation events to get ultimates all you have to do is wait for them... I had no ultimates a year and a half ago... I am getting my last ultimate in the next couple of day... also you do not need to spend tons of money ingame... unless your ego is soo big that you need to win all the time or else you rage like a little baby...

you are underestimating the intelligence of average aion wallet hero... their ego's is much greater than their brain... xD or they already spent soo much that they do not need to spend more. I wouldn't consider a private server an option to play any game the fact that  you will spend any kind of money on a that server and could get closed at any minute does not sound like a very wise decision 

LOl well Your not wrong ;)

1 hour ago, Arkaida-KT said:

I can also tell you that if you want Aion to survive at all...NcSoft needs to make money from the Game itself, now with that in mind the server population in mind think about the $1000 pretty much price...its pretty much $250 for an item that if you have full gear and you need a weapon or the red form you have a chance to get something others do not.......

The question lies in wether its worth it to you or not!!!!

...half of my friends didn't get a double ultimate from the fragments and the rest of us got a double, we all did the same 6 months of work just to throw it all out of the window.

The problem is that we gamble the game and there is no way around it, one person got 2 different ultimates that they needed and have filled the collections, we got 1 ultimate duplicate and we now have to pay 250$ to get a chance at re-gambling it which might give us the same duplicate we do not need!

This is where the problem is, you do not play the game, you just gather the material and you hope it works out or you are screwed.

Lastly these transforms ARE NOT acquirable via combination! The fragments are the only way to get those.

Edited by Arhangelos

It is not like there is anyone left playing retail that would be tempted :>.

What is everyone doing on retail these days ? I cant seem to find anything worth doing ?!? Cant even socket manastones to my alts since there are no hidden mobs. No exp to farm marks either and no events o.o;

On 8/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, Malloc-KT said:

It is not like there is anyone left playing retail that would be tempted :>.

What is everyone doing on retail these days ? I cant seem to find anything worth doing ?!? Cant even socket manastones to my alts since there are no hidden mobs. No exp to farm marks either and no events o.o;

The game is like 99% on Wednesday, they lowered the entries to every pve instance to 1~2 per week. You log on Wednesday, burn all entries, do all Apsaranta quests and you can simply log like 30 minutes per day for the rest of the week to do the daily lugbug and some potential Apsaranta camp quests.