Today I learned, Tuesday is faster than Wednesday (maintenance day change)

Arhangelos

I personally have no problem at all for making the maintenance from Wednesday to Tuesday, but their explanation makes no sense.

...this change is necessary to enable us to provide you with improved support. Our goals are to shorten the maintenance time and be able to resolve post-maintenance issues more quickly...

So Tuesday is faster than Wednesday, lets hope this solves all Aion problems!

Edited by Arhangelos

• Arhangelos changed the title to Today I learned, Tuesday is faster than Wednesday (maintenance day change)
3 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

So Tuesday is faster than Wednesday, lets hope this solves all Aion problems!

This is 100% factual btw, The way the earth rotates around the sun on this particular day aligns with the way the moon pulls the currents of the ethernet cables around the ocean creating faster internet speeds thus allows NCwest to act faster when problems arise.

I was being sarcastic at NCwest not at you after re reading it LOL

Edited by Squid

This announcement was posted up for all the games they update, not just for us.

Although I don't like the time frame they plan to do it, if it means less problems for us then I'm glad it only took a little over a decade for them to make this change. I thank all the employees that made our patches/maintenances consistently possible for that whole span of time. Cheers.🍻🥂

cheers.gif

So if the maintenance is on tuesday, it means that the update will happen before arena reset so it will change to the the new arena rewards instead of luna, if it is getting replaced indeed, which nobody from the company is even addressing. So not only they are removing luna, this "happy little accident" will rob us from our last chance to get any as well.

How hard is it to just come and confirm if the luna reward is getting replaced and the way to obtain in game abolished, or just say if it stays in tandem with the new Honorable Daeva’s Mark? @Roseae@Primali

Day aside, the time change makes a big difference. Normally maintenance is well over by the time I login at 2pm. Now maintenance won't be starting until 6pm my time.  If I were actively playing this would be extremely annoying because it means I'd get a much later start to the weekly grind. Guess I picked a good time to take a break.

Edited by Voltric-DN

7 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Day aside, the time change makes a big difference. Normally maintenance is well over by the time I login at 2pm. Now maintenance won't be starting until 6pm my time.  If I were actively playing this would be extremely annoying because it means I'd get a much later start to the weekly grind. Guess I picked a good time to take a break.

So maintenance will be 10pm UTC Tuesday, in my country we are at UTC+3 at the moment (daylight savings), so it will be at 1 in the morning on Wednesday and will be up by 4am~5am

This almost looks like they made it for us EU players lol.

Edited by Arhangelos

3 hours ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Daily instance (SAS) reset time remain unchanged.

Luna Weekly reset time unchanged.

Previously the daily reset was at 6am and the daily/weekly reset was at 9am (server times). There was a rare occasion that the maintenance would last less than 3 hours and we could log before the weekly reset taking advantage of the server's maintenance that reset all the entries on instances.

If the maintenance is done on 10pm and lasts about 3 hours it will be on at about 2am, if the daily/weekly remains on 9am that is about 7 hours window for us to do everything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 8:41 PM, Arhangelos said:

Previously the daily reset was at 6am and the daily/weekly reset was at 9am (server times). There was a rare occasion that the maintenance would last less than 3 hours and we could log before the weekly reset taking advantage of the server's maintenance that reset all the entries on instances.

If the maintenance is done on 10pm and lasts about 3 hours it will be on at about 2am, if the daily/weekly remains on 9am that is about 7 hours window for us to do everything.

So, the maintenance time becomes earlier but all weekly resets's time unchganged? Uncomfortable! Imho they should coincide, plus Wesnesday daily reset will not coinside with the weekly reset, still worse. Creates still more disorder :(. There was already some disorder, f.e. when we had free daily event rewards from BCM their reset didn't coincide with the daily reset at 9.00 CT  when regular and event quests updated, I had to write down to a file when I logged in to which character, it caused me to log in 2 times a day or miss some daily rewards. Will they ever address this problem that  has lasted for like 10 years as I've been playing Aion?  

11 hours ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

So, the maintenance time becomes earlier but all weekly resets's time unchganged? Uncomfortable! Imho they should coincide, plus Wesnesday daily reset will not coinside with the weekly reset, still worse. Creates still more disorder :(. There was already some disorder, f.e. when we had free daily event rewards from BCM their reset didn't coincide with the daily reset at 9.00 CT  when regular and event quests updated, I had to write down to a file when I logged in to which character, it caused me to log in 2 times a day or miss some daily rewards. Will they ever address this problem that  has lasted for like 10 years as I've been playing Aion?  

The weekly instance reset is the same time to the new maintenance. But the daily reset, daeva pass reset and renown npc resets remain unchanged.

I like the fact we get so much difference in the weekly and daily resets.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The weekly instance reset is the same time to the new maintenance. But the daily reset, daeva pass reset and renown npc resets remain unchanged.

I like the fact we get so much difference in the weekly and daily resets.

Do you really like it? Kidding?

• 2 weeks later...