Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - April 18, 2023 [Aion Classic]

GM Vega

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 5:00 p.m. CDT (April 18), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours. 

Aion Classic Maintenance Notes

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Unyielding Beshmundir Temple Support Survey Event Ends

UPDATE: "JS Error" message pops up when accessing BCM
You may ignore this error message as it doesn't affect purchases.
We are currently investigating the issue and we will update here as soon as we know more information.

Thank you!
The Aion Team

Quite nice I must say. The slaps on the face are very touching. 

Like, if you aren't going to fix the drop rate issue, just tell us. "Hey guys, due to contracts with NCSoft, we cannot fix/change this particular issue. However, we will be implementing the changes to rewards on quests that KR has implemented. These should help with Kinah acquisition and obtaining items."

Was that so hard? 

The problem isn't really the drop rates anymore, the problem is NCWest just not saying anything about the issue and being robotic AT BEST. Like, you can't fix it then you can't fix it. We can deal. Good luck attracting new players while you are bleeding current ones though. 

The real problem is that you are just not saying anything about it. Like, zero communication. That's scummy af. @GM Vega @GM Oriey @GM_NCA @GMLeon 

Just woman up and talk to your player base. It is not hard. 

2 hours ago, Airm-DN said:

Quite nice I must say. The slaps on the face are very touching. 

Like, if you aren't going to fix the drop rate issue, just tell us. "Hey guys, due to contracts with NCSoft, we cannot fix/change this particular issue. However, we will be implementing the changes to rewards on quests that KR has implemented. These should help with Kinah acquisition and obtaining items."

Was that so hard? 

The problem isn't really the drop rates anymore, the problem is NCWest just not saying anything about the issue and being robotic AT BEST. Like, you can't fix it then you can't fix it. We can deal. Good luck attracting new players while you are bleeding current ones though. 

The real problem is that you are just not saying anything about it. Like, zero communication. That's scummy af. @GM Vega @GM Oriey @GM_NCA @GMLeon 

Just woman up and talk to your player base. It is not hard. 

Korea has each of these admins' balls locked up tight. Under duress and NDA they will not say anything to the effect of drop rates. Korea runs the shoe entirely now.  Petitioning by GF admins is the last line for NA because if EU does increase their aion classic drop rate the same should/would happen for NA.

Until then, tell em to go blow.

6 minutes ago, Tappy-KT said:

Korea has each of these admins' balls locked up tight. Under duress and NDA they will not say anything to the effect of drop rates. Korea runs the shoe entirely now.  Petitioning by GF admins is the last line for NA because if EU does increase their aion classic drop rate the same should/would happen for NA.

Until then, tell em to go blow.

This both does and doesn't surprise me. 

On one hand, NA has never been great at communication so KR taking over actually makes sense. We can probably just look at KR's patch notes and notices and expect the same changes to take place 2 months after. It's not a great system but it's better than what NA does. "It's working as intended". 

On the other hand, it's kinda ridiculous that NA doesn't have a bit more autonomy in these situations. The entire point of having regional HQs is to handle regional issues. So, if what you say is factual, NCWest is a pretty pointless entity. At this point, NCSoft could save a ton of money registering "NCNorthAmerica" in Wyoming with a registered agent. That's really all they'd have to do in order to continue operations over here. Remote entry-level devs could push patches just as easily as the current team does (might be more stable too). 

okay...
Nothing to say yet again?
I mean I would like to finish my Crafting quests...
Took a long time to get my gathering and crafting up..
and you took away the stupid tests... 
and NOT one damn word about a fix...
it's broken... 
even if the plan is to keep drops the way they are... 
CRAFTIING IS BROKEN.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:21 PM, GM Vega said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 5:00 p.m. CDT (April 18), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours. 

Aion Classic Maintenance Notes

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Unyielding Beshmundir Temple Support Survey Event Ends

Thank you!

The Aion Team

Edited by Petruccinator-KT

18 minutes ago, Violet said:

They increased prices there, it's 1k each shard.

Around 1k kinah has been a shard price for ages on the brokers, so the shugo is a bit more expensive, but it has stock.

I still get my shards from Dredge mob drops.

stigma shard says some classes, you want to have fun or want to advance ?, cant have them both, if you want to have fun, in my case, i need to use 2 k stigma shard per change, if i get to sell something in sw, lets say i get 5 mil, if i want to buy 10 k shards im lucky if i get the 10 k at 5 mil, 10 k is 2-3 days of switching stigmas, so guess what, i better do pve for 3 - 4 days and then switch, pvp in support stigmas is extyremely horrible in some classes, now if you only buy to shugos, they have shards at 1.1 k each, and they sell limited ammount, one time buying from a shugo is not letting me switch stigmas even once, so yeah, maybe not all of the players are having this trouble, but the issue is there, its horrible to have to pay to play with your preffered setup, but i would if money were not a probem atm, drop rates are affecting my gameplay experience badly, i used to run UT to get money from mobs, and then lut for the money box, now i only have the money box if a distracted or annoying player dont open the box away from some team mates :/, my other way to survive was farming mobs near LUT/UT teleport, which were dropping money, but now i dont have that option, i could get items from medals dailies, just by killing those mobs, now there is no items to sell, so its like money comes from padma or BT sell runs, or craft (which i will never practice btw, thats not "play the game" for me). Please at least answer about the drop rates cuz im all the time checking the forum for news and all i see is silence about that, ty.

1 minute ago, Suzytq said:

I'm fairly new to the game but I'm listening to your comments and I ask the question.... is this a game worth playing?

If I weren't playing this game yet? No. NCSOFT is a horrible brand to have to suffer under.  Lots of us have a lot invested and as weeks go on it's ever worse and worse. And with absolute -absolute- no comment from the company. If I hated a company, I owned and wanted it to go out of business I wouldn't treat my customers as this company treats its. 

My first mmo ever. My last with NCSOFT. 

15 minutes ago, Galukisaya said:

stigma shard says some classes, you want to have fun or want to advance ?, cant have them both, if you want to have fun, in my case, i need to use 2 k stigma shard per change, if i get to sell something in sw, lets say i get 5 mil, if i want to buy 10 k shards im lucky if i get the 10 k at 5 mil, 10 k is 2-3 days of switching stigmas, so guess what, i better do pve for 3 - 4 days and then switch, pvp in support stigmas is extyremely horrible in some classes, now if you only buy to shugos, they have shards at 1.1 k each, and they sell limited ammount, one time buying from a shugo is not letting me switch stigmas even once, so yeah, maybe not all of the players are having this trouble, but the issue is there, its horrible to have to pay to play with your preffered setup, but i would if money were not a probem atm, drop rates are affecting my gameplay experience badly, i used to run UT to get money from mobs, and then lut for the money box, now i only have the money box if a distracted or annoying player dont open the box away from some team mates :/, my other way to survive was farming mobs near LUT/UT teleport, which were dropping money, but now i dont have that option, i could get items from medals dailies, just by killing those mobs, now there is no items to sell, so its like money comes from padma or BT sell runs, or craft (which i will never practice btw, thats not "play the game" for me). Please at least answer about the drop rates cuz im all the time checking the forum for news and all i see is silence about that, ty.

NCSOFT doesn't listen, doesn't respond, and doesn't care.

Keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, Suzytq said:

I'm fairly new to the game but I'm listening to your comments and I ask the question.... is this a game worth playing?

The thing to remember, is only a very tiny portion of players read or post to this forum, most here are "squeaky wheels", so don't use the forum as a reference for game play.

Try it for 2hrs a day, which is free, and work it out yourself.

• GM Vega unpinned this topic