Forums

You should pay attention to your players, Ncsoft.

I hope Ncsoft is happy.

A long time ago I thought it would be a bad idea to bring classic to NA, and now that proves to be true.

you should fix Retail to be better seen by the players who left it and those who always played it instead of bringing ''classic'' back to life.

you guys made classic back and i knew it would kill retail, that to me is a lack of respect towards the players who never abandoned Aion, you preferred to pay attention to players who left the game bringing classic back to life when in fact you should fix the Aion for those who have always been here.

Many players made suggestions for retail improvement and they were always completely ignored.

I play Aion since 1.5. and years ago in real aion classic, and that was good 13~14 years ago, not nowadays, nowadays it feels like slow and boring gameplay the only good thing left for me is nostalgia.

And I think if you Ncsoft want to make Aion Classic, make it classic. do not add things that are good in retail to classic, if the person wants to play classic he must play as it was before, the hits that he had in Aion Retail must be exclusive to Aion Retail, what you are doing is basically a '' server reset '', remaking an Aion with all the good stuff when it really should fix the old one.

I think, if a player wants to own something that was made for Retail they should choose to play in Retail.

you shouldn't add the new macro system, skins, motions, class, quality of life in general in classic, because this is a quality of Retail are qualities that those who play in retail deserve to have, not for players who abandoned ship when they were in bad condition.

And now you have both Retail and Classic Dead Aion.
for those who love the game this is sad to see

Classic didn't drain any people from retail. Those that quit retail for classic were already not playing. And even if NA didn't have classic, EU does now. So if classic has a negative effect, EU will always be there and as it seems they have a better plan than NA (at least so I read).

On 5/3/2023 at 6:01 AM, Arhangelos said:

Just take a look at their upper fortress siege. Thousands of people.

Yes, there are many people, but don't forget that there are many players who will leave after the '' hype ''. in NA there are also many people in classic in release.

I continue with my opinion, Ncsoft should not launch classic, it would be right to fix Retail to attract old players again and even new players.

They're basically redoing Aion again, this is basically a reset, and yes the release of classic did affect retail you can't say that it didn't.

many players who were still in Aion retail gave up because of the launch of classic, for me it is disrespectful to the player who has always played to launch the same game with 2 versions, this divides players and pleases players who stopped more than those who always played.

I don't think that classic in EU will keep this amount of players, because in live chats etc I see a lot of people saying that it's not the same feeling as before, games nowadays are much faster and more dynamic.

I see people complaining about feeling slow, I still think that Aion should only be retail, and the improvement work should be focused on it to respect those who have always been here, but the company doesn't care about respecting us.

They dont care about the players, i posted a topic hours ago talking about the hacking situation, and it got deleted and i got the following message

"Accusing any player, guild, or game world/server of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please submit an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the matter. In the case of a potential exploit, please report them using the in-game report function or submit a Customer Support ticket to ensure the development team is aware of them." 

12 hours ago, Squid said:

How would you fix Aion retail @Chardonnay-DN.

First of all.

1- Remove from the game all types of collections that give status to the player. (this is just to keep new players away from being competitive in the game. don't forget it's also extremely P2W)

2 - Make the ultimate transformation selectable and contain all types of ultimate for everyone who has the box.
btw make the boxes using > <Ultimate Breath of Transformation> and <Ultimate Memory Shard> .

3 - Removes all paragon items from the game.

4 - make minions be faster to get an SS rank.

5 - Make the crafting system relevant again for players who enjoy crafting.

6 - Bring back the old way to get Luna in game.

7 - Decrease overall damage of classes in PVP.

8 - Improve the way to get lvl 15 stigmas and Daevanium skills for returning and new players.

9 - Greatly improve or remove the Gem and Rune system from the game. I particularly prefer that you remove it at once.

10 - extreme attention with players who use hack, whether for PVP or Farm.

11 - Always pay attention to the players in the forum.

12 - stop adding Retail qualities to Classic, they must be Retail exclusive qualities, if the player wants to play Classic he must play as the classic really was.

13 - after fixing everything, make a big announcement of Aion improvements, with advertisements on Twitch TV and YouTube, to get the attention of players who forgot about Retail.

I understand that many players will be annoyed by losing their collections, paragon items, gems and runes etc...

But I think we want a fresh start for Retail we need to get it done ASAP.

There must still be many things that can be improved/modified that didn't come to mind right now, but that if Ncsoft paid attention to the players together we could make retail better again.

btw sorry for my english, i'm using translator maybe some things don't come out exactly as i said.

I think Retail has had good updates along its journey too, this isn't just about the wrong ncsoft choices.
the new skins closet was very good, the macro system to change gears too etc...

@Chardonnay-DN IMO it translated very well so no worries there. To me the problem here is basically the "i miss 6.0" at its best. When luna grinding was very powerful to be the strongest player and collections were not as bad as they are now.

Do you notice what you have said is basically the exact same philosophy behind the changes that came in during 6.0. Which is a luna players wet dream patch. You essentially want to take out everything that was added past 6.0 and re-add features like luna back to the game. This in-itself is no different than those of us that wanted classic. Except your classic would be 6.0 because you enjoyed that patch. When i talk to people and they talk about 6.0 i always go Ohh you mean retail classic, pause in silence and go no i am like but 6.0 is retail classic that is the first patch of all the new changes. Which essentially is a classic version of retail now that we are up to 8.X.

IMO there is plenty of things they can do to improve retail before trying to gut it a second time. If they made a 9.0 pre-patch that was called the playable patch and allowed players to actually get paragon gear actually get enchanted runestones , Actually allowed people to catch up in collectables you will be surprised how many people would play. Key word being play.

The problem is Luna+Events do not fix this because NCsoft have to think about their spenders and unfortunately the reality is currently spenders specifically spend for personal progression and no longer spend to be stronger than others because 99% of all content where you were contesting is gone.  ID? Gone Evergale canyon? Gone Dredge? I dunno is that still here i forget. 

You see what i am getting at even if every single thing you just said was implemented in to Aion 1 month from now it does not fix retail because retails fundamental flaw of playing the game on a single character = bad experience. Aion does multi-character systems worse than every other game including mobile games i have played.  Which is why people obtaining collections is not a bad thing, People not being able to play the game and obtain the collections while they are relevant is the bad feature. Paragon gear is not bad so long as everyone can obtain it before it becomes irrelevant. 

I hate how people draw this line against spending players they keep the game open if they have stronger gear for 2-3 months but you see daily/monthly progression why does it matter that they spent money. That is what tempering was, People who wanted to spend 3-5k to get full +5 acc and +10 plume day one could but over the course of 3-4 months as someone who simply subscribed to the game i eventually caught up and started beating said players who had +10 plumes when i had +3 acc and +7 plumes.

The moment you take away the ability for someone to play 1 character and not get to BiS and play with it for 2-4 months before the end of a patch in a game that has vertical progression is the moment you end up with no players and that is the state Aion retail is at.

So while your changes would improve Aion for yourself it would not bring any players back other than those who liked 6.0 which IMO was a very dead patch since 99% of it was just people queuing up for dungeons on alts and mains at the same time.

8 - Improve the way to get lvl 15 stigmas and Daevanium skills for returning and new players.

Let me use this as an example of what i mean. The current ways of getting +15 stigmas skills is awesome the problem is for stigma enchantment stones alone you need 140 experience per week for the 20(could be 16 i forget tbh) stigma enchantment stones. Which as a new player is dumb because that is 70m kinah per week and a ton of time grinding XP. That is no a sustainable playable game model it is designed so you spend cash and that is it. I used 100 stones and got 1 stigma to 14 maybe i was lucky maybe i was unlucky i do not know have not asked the community what the average amount needed is. What i do know tho is that is minimum 5 weeks of full time job grinding on a new/under geared get enough stones to attempt this for every single stigma i need enchanted. Obviously we can argue well events can speed this up and playing more than 1 character can speed this up and yes it can but you have to remember this is the MMORPG genre 80% of the population in the genre like to take on the persona of a single character/class archetype. So if you want more people to play the game you have to cater to the largest audience.

Which ultimately leads in to why Aion retail can never turn over a new leaf, The only way to fix Aion is to make every playstyle feel viable. The only way to make every playstyle feel viable so it lock progression behind content which is the exact reason why Aion classic is working in every region outside NA. 

Crafting/grinding/spending it all needs to feel like people are getting value for their time+energy and the only way you can do that is to progression lock people behind time.

This creates a situation where spenders spending can progress faster, Crafters can get maybe a jump on the spenders through crafted gear but then fall off with that gear a bit later and then grinders those who often only subscribe end up edging out f2p crafters for a month or 2 in gear progression towards the end of a patch.

Either way everyone has their own opinion but i do not see how essentially re-launching 6.0 again would fix it as that is the exact same thing as doing Aion classic but for the current retail.

@Squid 

I agree with those things I listed not fixing Retail 100%, that's why Ncsoft should get in touch with players in the forum, get information and opinions from players who really want retail improvement.

I also don't like the alternative character system, I always prefer to play with my main character, but in the case of Luna I think that the system of obtaining through the lugbug (which was removed) was a good way for a player to be able to reset DG without paying , or open a skins slot in your wardrobe etc ..., what could be done in the case of luna to avoid using alternative characters, would be to increase the amount of lunas you do daily and make it only 1 once a day on the account. Example: let's assume you make 1000 lunas if you do it on all your characters, change this so it can only be done 1 time per character on the account and you would get 1000 the same way, and also keep lunas in store for those who don't want to farm and think it's better to buy.

By the way, I'm not against P2W players, they help to run the server forward.

but what I see a lot of people complaining about is P2W, and how hard it is to reach competitive without spending if you're a new player.

the transformations for me in aion, at first I didn't like it, but after I got my ultimate transformation I felt how fun the game was, and due to the difficulty in the past to get an ultimate, many players gave up. Was it difficult even for those who spent a lot of money on game imagine for free to play?...

I was very, very lucky because I got mine on the first try after a lot of work getting the legendaries to try an ultimate transformation.
imagine how frustrating it was for those who worked hard and in the end couldn't and tried again after months of farming and again it failed, you had to grind so hard for months and failed, that made a lot of people leave the game.

nowadays it's more accessible, but it's still not enough because even if you get an ultimate you still have to deal with the RNG of getting one you want, and for me that's a big mistake.

the game needs to be much more accessible for returning players and new ones if you want to come back to life, it's already improved than it was some time ago, but it's still too hard for a returning player to feel motivated to play again.

Don't forget to post your thoughts on the "Suggestion Box" thread. It is supposed to end up with the Devs. Hopefully all the GMs and others on forum recently still see these and pass them on.  Any suggestion bad or good is helpful. Maybe they will make one change? 🤷‍♂️

On 5/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, Chardonnay-DN said:

Yes, there are many people, but don't forget that there are many players who will leave after the '' hype ''. in NA there are also many people in classic in release.

You are wrong about the "hype", first thing they did was to put p2w items from day 1 on BCM, people were suddenly walking around with 100m on day 1. Then the daeva pass p2w was giving a lot of important things. And then they decided to remove normal drops from everything hoping to combat bots!

3 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

You are wrong about the "hype", first thing they did was to put p2w items from day 1 on BCM, people were suddenly walking around with 100m on day 1. Then the daeva pass p2w was giving a lot of important things. And then they decided to remove normal drops from everything hoping to combat bots!

Don't forget punish F2P players with that Siel's bs. If I wanted to play a game with a subscription, I'd be playing FF14 or WoW, not AION. 

@Chardonnay-DN Unfortunately the features that are out of reach for normal players are basically just hyper injected in to the game through events. Example:

image.png

How many people have gotten prime rune stones through playing the game? And out of those people how many are people who have gear/the runestones they need?

I get this is apart of the accessibility part that you are talking about but when it comes to the forums this is the type of feature people like. They do not want accessibility they want hyper progression through event nyerk ups. 

So when you say

that's why Ncsoft should get in touch with players in the forum, get information and opinions from players who really want retail improvement.

I would say that the players themselves just want to obtain items these days and do not actually want to play the game.

I think tho overall i get what you mean and as a returning player i found i hit a wall after 2 months playing elyos i assume asmos hit it faster due to the abundance of kinah you can make elyos side and what not. You end up hitting a wall where it is pointless to even play because things like this event invalidate any sort of progression towards anything you do in-game.

Anything that makes you competitive is only accessible through events for f2p players so realistically a free player will never be able to get geared unless they get busted events.

There is no fixing problems when talking to the players because if you remember 6.0 was the very patch that was created after NCsoft listened to the KR players. That was their apology patch.

Overall i think i get where you are coming from.

@Squid

that's true, if you miss an important event, sometimes because of that, you can't progress for months and I also consider that a big mistake.
for me the player should work hard to get his items in F2P mode, I just don't think it's right when it becomes almost impossible (as it was with ultimates in the past). and we must not always depend on events for progress.

and in the case of ultimate transformations this has improved, but it's still bad because after months of farming you still need to fight with RNG when you get your transformation box.

transformation is an extremely important thing and it should not be considered such a rare item, because it influences the gameplay too much, in my opinion the difference in strength between players should only be in their gear. not on your attack speed or cast or speed... that makes it too unbalanced.

ncsoft can work to make improvements in retail, but they preferred to ''reset'' Aion with Classic which shouldn't even be called classic because it never was that way.

And I think it's extremely wrong to add things that are retail qualities to ''Aion Classic''. I think these must be exclusive things for those who work in Retail. ☹️

On 5/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, Arhangelos said:

Just take a look at their upper fortress siege. Thousands of people.

Wow, how is there so many players without a horrible lag? Was it recorded on a super computer? Is the EU game lighter than NA game and handle many players better? Simply unbelievable! I've been playing since 2013 and changed computers several times, never had this good performance!

Do they have these black "wings without wings" as a skin? It would be good to add this skin to our NA retail. It would be GOOD TO ADD THE WHOLE ORIGINAL ABYSS TO OUR NA RETAIL, I would say, I've never stopped missing it since the patches 5.x ended and the Aion world was broken "by Ereshkigal". It was actually broken by NCSoft, but I didn't leave because I love my characters, they have homes with good old furniture and bikes of Sharptooth type crafted in Luna on 5.x or bought on BCM so it's not good to leave such characters and start playing anew on some other server! :(

Edited by BlessaSunset-KT
correction

On 5/12/2023 at 12:31 PM, BlessaSunset-KT said:

Wow, how is there so many players without a horrible lag? Was it recorded on a super computer? Is the EU game lighter than NA game and handle many players better? Simply unbelievable! I've been playing since 2013 and changed computers several times, never had this good performance!

Do they have these black "wings without wings" as a skin? It would be good to add this skin to our NA retail. It would be GOOD TO ADD THE WHOLE ORIGINAL ABYSS TO OUR NA RETAIL, I would say, I've never stopped missing it since the patches 5.x ended and the Aion world was broken "by Ereshkigal". It was actually broken by NCSoft, but I didn't leave because I love my characters, they have homes with good old furniture and bikes of Sharptooth type crafted in Luna on 5.x or bought on BCM so it's not good to leave such characters and start playing anew on some other server! :(

The "no wings" skin is the LOD option which loads lower details on distant characters or when there are a lot of character so it won't freeze lag trying to load the skins instantly. This also causes some chars to appear frozen while flying, their wings do not even flap, but you see their position. When the graphics catch up all chars should load their skins and animations.

image.png

I could also do the same thing on my pc I guess but I do haver a spaceship pc. I haven't tried their server, I am from EU and before I came to NA I played in EU server before they sold it to GF (and I left because of GF) and I really had almost no ping at all, usually close to 15~25, I play at 250 here on NA lol.

Edited by Arhangelos

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

The "no wings" skin is the LOD option which loads lower details on distant characters or when there are a lot of character so it won't freeze lag trying to load the skins instantly. This also causes some chars to appear frozen while flying, their wings do not even flap, but you see their position. When the graphics catch up all chars should load their skins and animations.

image.png

I could also do the same thing on my pc I guess but I do haver a spaceship pc. I haven't tried their server, I am from EU and before I came to NA I played in EU server before they sold it to GF (and I left because of GF) and I really had almost no ping at all, usually close to 15~25, I play at 250 here on NA lol.

So, it's not your video?

48 minutes ago, BlessaSunset-KT said:

So, it's not your video?

No I do not play there, I have friends who play. I did make an account and a char but left it at level 3 or something so I didn't try their game fully, I logged, did a char, did the first 2~3 quests and left. I don't like classic.

But my main pc has insane specs (threadripper, 128GB RAM, RTX3070 etc, it is a workstation pc)

Edited by Arhangelos

On 5/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, Arhangelos said:

No I do not play there, I have friends who play. I did make an account and a char but left it at level 3 or something so I didn't try their game fully, I logged, did a char, did the first 2~3 quests and left. I don't like classic.

But my main pc has insane specs (threadripper, 128GB RAM, RTX3070 etc, it is a workstation pc)

What is your CPU, its frequency, motherboard?

On 5/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, BlessaSunset-KT said:

What is your CPU, its frequency, motherboard?

It is a threadripper 3960x, 24 cores/48 threads. It is a 3,8GHz base speed on all cores running together and boost mode up to 4,5GHz (if only a few cores work they can run up to this automatically). As I said 128GB RAM, RTX3070 and obviously NVMe disc and all the other goodies that make the pc run super fast

The pc is mostly a work station and it is doing its job I play on my older pc, when I do not work on TR pc I can log my account there and it is super smooth. It usually runs at like 1%~3% CPU even in fully loaded area and something similar on RAM. Only the GPU can get higher, but I will at some point put the 3070 on the old pc and get a 4090 for the TR pc, obviously I won't get it to play aion, but it will also play aion very smoothly.

Edited by Arhangelos

• 1 month later...

PTW isnt that bad dude
lets talk other way other side like real life
we PTW in real life right? if you rich you buy a BMW if not you have nothing 
why not complan your life ? earn more money and PTW everywhere
its just a game you only spend like 1k usd or less is it that matter on your real life ? ask yourself