Tried in PvE discussion, got no replies :-(

Altoencocaina-DN

Hello, I have a friend who is a level 71 ranger, I started bringing him on my COE runs but at the eye boss he dies repeatedly.  He wears full 75 AP Gear which i thought would be more than efficient for a ranger at that boss.  Anyways he's working on an Apollon set and is thinking about putting HP stones in it.  Now I have a low level ranger myself and was under the impression that Ranger's main duty in a dungeon was just to DPS as hard as possible, so would Apollon Gear with like power/precision work just fine? According to him a Ranger needs to have 20k HP in COE to survive that boss..... is this correct ?, can someone confirm? is there a Ranger guide for this dungeon out there ? any advice would be useful :-)

Thanks

yes rangers are dps and power/precis should work fine, infact 75ap gear is already over geared for CoE IMHO since you get the same offensive stats as appolon only thing is you need to augment more. ik people who survive said boss with 15k hp it depends on ur cleric being ready for when the adds spawn since thats the main burst. if you want hp consider enchanting ur gear instead of wasting stone slots :D 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:23 AM, Altoencocaina-DN said:

He wears full 75 AP Gear which i thought would be more than efficient for a ranger at that boss.

Is all his armor enchanted to +10 at least?  PvP gear should be more than enough but should be +10 at least.  Since it has no -enmity stat he is more likely to generate aggro.  Maybe he can try using Focused Evasion and Nature's Resolve right before the eyes spawn and see if he can evade/resist.  HP stones will definitely help.

Aight so first question: do you have solo cleric? If answer is yes, BUT you guys get two waves of Adds, means your dps pf whole group is shit and poor cleric has big cds only for one add wave.

if you have 2 healers, but people die , sorry but they suck and there is no excuse for that.

you could help those baddie healers if that ranger got pve gear with pve defense %%% so yeah let him keep working on that Apollon set. But forget hp manastones. Put idk what ranger put power pr precision.

If lacking HP just put points in there only for that boss.

Peoples dies on first boss in CoE mostly cause they hold in one corner and 3-4 eyes agro in same time on one person. Try to stay in right positions:

[-----boss room----]
[ e              e ]
[ ^              ^ ]
[ d      t       d ]
[        b         ]
[ d              d ]
[ v      c       v ]
[ e              e ]
[------------------]

b - boss, e - eye,
t  - tank, c - cleric, d - dps

Each dps should agro own eye immediatly as it's spawns. It's not hard to survive against 1 eye, tank should keep agro and dont turn boss to direction of others otherwise some of them will get aoe dmg. But If your group 72-73+ and not naked you can run it as you wish.

Archived