Ranger with dual wield serious damage ?

Neleth-KT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

According to some 6.0 reports, they say the melee attack skills will be removed from rangers... Not sure if that's true or not depending whether they datamined the new skill info correctly or not... (The melee skills come from Ranger's base class - Scout)

Just tried out EU PTS 6.2.

The 3 non-conditional melee skills are now replaced by bow skills as you class change from Scout to Ranger.

Note that even if they keep these skills, the skill damage is very low anyway, as Weapon Attack is no longer used to calculate physical attack skills damage.

At low levels, Devotion is very useful while dual wielding, which now gives +1500 green attack (now called weapon attack) on each hand. On a ranger that's +2812 average damage per attack for 7 seconds! Note: This bonus does not work with attack skills so you will not be weaving anyway, just auto attack only for the Devotion's duration.

The new Physical Attack stat (basically a physical version of Magic Boost) affects both normal attacks and attack skills.

6 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Just tried out EU PTS 6.2.

The 3 non-conditional melee skills are now replaced by bow skills as you class change from Scout to Ranger.

Note that even if they keep these skills, the skill damage is very low anyway, as Weapon Attack is no longer used to calculate physical attack skills damage.

At low levels, Devotion is very useful while dual wielding, which now gives +1500 green attack (now called weapon attack) on each hand. On a ranger that's +2812 average damage per attack for 7 seconds! Note: This bonus does not work with attack skills so you will not be weaving anyway, just auto attack only for the Devotion's duration.

The new Physical Attack stat (basically a physical version of Magic Boost) affects both normal attacks and attack skills.

Are you sure about physical attack stat affected both auto attack and skills ?

I thought physical damage only affected skills while attack of weapon affected auto attack that's why auto attack is very bad in 6.0

The new Physical attack stat affect physical auto attacks too.

Test using level 14 Chanter (Power: 110) against Inggision Training Dummy

• Mace
  • Mastery: 28%
  • Weapon damage: 20-30
    • Physical Attack: 0
      • Damage: 27-41
    • Physical Attack: 409
      • Damage: 35-53
  • Weapon damage: 47-71
    • Physical Attack: 720
      • Damage: 90-136

Magical auto attacks are now affected by Magical Attack (Magic Boost) too.

Test using level 15 Spiritmaster (Knowledge: 115) against Inggision Training Dummy

• Spellbook
  • Mastery: 2%
  • Weapon damage: 39-43
    • Magical Attack: 311
      • Damage: 57-63
    • Magical Attack: 728
      • Damage: 74-81
  • Crit spell 50
    • Not a single crit after over 500 attacks

I'm sorry but your test didn't do it properly

You comparing lv 5 mace to lv 10 staff

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/100150012

lv5 mace

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/101550013

lv10 staff

It didn't tell or confirmed that physical attack affected auto attack only this test tell is staff has higher attack than a mace so higher auto attack damage.

15 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

The new Physical attack stat affect physical auto attacks too.

Test using level 14 Chanter (Power: 110) against Inggision Training Dummy

• Mace
  • Mastery: 28%
  • Weapon damage: 20-30
    • Physical Attack: 0
      • Damage: 27-41
    • Physical Attack: 409
      • Damage: 35-53
  • Weapon damage: 47-71
    • Physical Attack: 720
      • Damage: 90-136

Magical auto attacks are now affected by Magical Attack (Magic Boost) too.

Test using level 15 Spiritmaster (Knowledge: 115) against Inggision Training Dummy

• Spellbook
  • Mastery: 2%
  • Weapon damage: 39-43
    • Magical Attack: 311
      • Damage: 57-63
    • Magical Attack: 728
      • Damage: 74-81
  • Crit spell 50
    • Not a single crit after over 500 attacks

Sorry I didn't see test of mace physical attack 0 and 409 anyway even physical attack affected auto attack I still believing weaving suck in 6.0 ^_^

Went through more of the 6.2 PTS...

Found out that several types of monsters have ridiculously high physical defense that the player's effective physical attack is reduced to zero.

• effective physical attack = physical attack - physical defense.
  • effective physical attack cannot be negative

In these cases it will be useful to switch to dual wield, pop devotion (+1500 auto attack damage per hand), and auto attack these pesky high defense monsters. (switch back to your bow when your devotion runs out). The +1500 attack bonus from Devotion is not affected by Physical Attack or Physical Defense.

But is it worth to switch weapons back and forth ?

I mean devotion animation is 2 sec that's why they increased duration to 7 sec switch weapons back to bow is another 1 second that's like 4 seconds and u still have to be in melee range too ? to be honest I think I'll keep dual wield with breaking gate with 1 dmg and using bow all time.

Archived