Weaving on 6.2

Neleth-KT

I thought weaving sucks but I just discovered a true problem today.
Weaving is same but skills stronger what made weaving bad in 6.2 is attack speed nerfed.I've found with attack speed superior transform + 5.8 gloves + genesis attack speed weapon I can weaving normally like I did in 5.8

I tested with sin,chanter and ranger and I can weave normally with attack speed gloves.

If you having a trouble with weaving I suggest u should try to use 5.8 gloves instead you will lose some dmg from skills but huge gain dps from weaving ;)
With this polearm and dual wield make sense again.I'll try on templar and glad and let u know later :)

There're some rules for weaving

1.If you're weaving with 2hands weapons such as polearms,greatsword,staff,bow you need to weave every 2-3 skills.
2.If you're weaving with 1hannd weapons such dagger,sword you need to weave every 1-2 skills.

There's no fixed moment when you should weave or should not it's all depend on skill animations if it's very fast skills you may weave every 1-2 skills if slower you may weave at 2-3 skills.
The moment you should weave is when an auto attack number pop up on your target  that moment you use next skill.

You will notice sometimes you have to wait for an auto attack to proc if that moment happened just don't wait next time and use 2 skills but if you use a skill and that auto attack pop asap that means that skill worked.

I hope guideline can help :)

However there's something I'm unsure about glad,I don't have genesis spear to test on glad however I got sword and greatsword on templar and different between them is x2 dmg

Sword 158 - 193 
Greatsword 411 - 432
Polearm  319 - 594

What I'm unsure is if it's worth it to use dw on glad first you will lose AoE skills,Second dw on glad is very bad u will feel huge delay on weaving when you weave every skill,this delay didn't happened on polearms at least when I tested back in 5.8.But as you all know auto attack isn't main damage anymore the main damage come from skills.If I have to choose personally I'd choose polearms because it's more fun to weave with and greatsword skins suck :P

OK I got an update for weaving.

I tested 3 chars Ranger,Sin,Chanter and all 3 of them gave same result spamming skills giving you a bit more slightly dps than weaving at 200 ping at least.I believed weaving might give a bit more dps at lower ping like 100 but not much and maybe not worth troubles too.Please note since weaving is no effect on sin this make sin class is very bad at pve.Only good when sin got full buffed.(Sin dps is a bit more than chanter)

I decided not to test glad,temp because I believed it will give same result as 3 classes above.

However this is just a guideline weaving or not you should test them yourself and compare dps with weave and no weave.

Thanks for reading :)

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

OK I got an update for weaving.

I tested 3 chars Ranger,Sin,Chanter and all 3 of them gave same result spamming skills giving you a bit more slightly dps than weaving at 200 ping at least.I believed weaving might give a bit more dps at lower ping like 100 but not much and maybe not worth troubles too.Please note since weaving is no effect on sin this make sin class is very bad at pve.Only good when sin got full buffed.(Sin dps is a bit more than chanter)

I decided not to test glad,temp because I believed it will give same result as 3 classes above.

However this is just a guideline weaving or not you should test them yourself and compare dps with weave and no weave.

Thanks for reading :)

Your ping is very high compared to some of us. My ping is, on average, 20 ms. Weaving would be more effective for me than it is for you. (I realize you already mentioned ping; I'm just expounding on your point.)

Well I have do feeling glad and sad in same time.

I'm glad because that annoyed weaving gone I don't want to weave anymore I can spam everything for fun.
I'm sad because I'm no longer unique special and able to beat people who got lower ping than me or better gears.

Now I just spam skills like everyone else o_o

10 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Your ping is very high compared to some of us. My ping is, on average, 20 ms. Weaving would be more effective for me than it is for you. (I realize you already mentioned ping; I'm just expounding on your point.)

I believed weaving should be really effective at ping 20 ms it's lucky to be near the server  ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

5.8 sword sponsored by DevilNest because he wanna know :P

OK genesis dagger with 5.8 sword result is 2,019,260 11,473 (auto 228 hits)
I guess more hits because sword hits twice while dagger hit once.

Well you're right 5.8 sword is best for sin and weaving :D

Bonus with power shard on 2,523,327 14,419  (Auto 249 hits)
Not even have gold xform with attack speed using green :D

Just imagine how fun it would be with gold xform ^_^

Archived