Jump to content
OnlyOne-DN

Gunslingers DPS Are So Nerfed Starting from 6.0 Until This Very Day

Recommended Posts

I think your problem is your gear man, gunslingers are good because they are one of these classes that have almost everything instant while they can run and hit.

EQU28NW.jpg

 

Check the video below and see. Be happy you are not a walking dummy aka a sorc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsh-DN   

Gonna cry more? The only thing useful on what your write is that now everyone knows you are a cry and disrespectful kid. Go learn how to play with your class instead of crying on forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you said if youre not a gunner main don't reply but I get the frustration and I want to help. I am not a gunner main but I do in fact have a gunner and from the looks of it I am also more geared than you so I thought I would give my 2 cents. My gunner is full frostspark gear with mystic ulti mw accessories (neck,ear,ring,belt) was not able to get these because it was not my main class and I didnt want to be rude to my friends I ran idd with. All of my gear is +10 my 2 pistols and AC are 15 as well as my wings. I think my chest is 12 pants 11 hat is 13 but doesnt matter. my stats are 14.6k atk 13.1k acc and 4.7k crit no buffs/food/xform/minion. Nothing fancy just mcrit 58 and matk 15 mostly atk stones. I think youre isue is maybe youre just not geared enough I am always #2 on dps and lately if I get in the mood for gunner because I think its such a fun class, just nothing can take away my love for chanter, I hop on and run new pf and idd and I am always top dps with randoms by a huge amount. But instead of blaming the class I think it is much better to look at what you have and what you dont and see what you can improve on. I have modor stigmas are all +6 if you want I can tell you what I use my cubic is all filled from 6.X and it is all filled except for platinums now. possibly check your manastones, check your tuning, every piece of mine is HP/Acc/Crit for armors and HP/Atk/Acc/Crit for wings accessories and weapon obv with atk speed in the weaons in echange for HP.Just focus on what you can do more for your class gunner got a nice buff in this patch so I dont see why you can feel they are so underpowered. Hey maybe you dont have daevanian skills look into everything and I dont mind giving help on what I do but again I am not a gunner main

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 5:48 AM, Kelsh-DN said:

Gonna cry more? The only thing useful on what your write is that now everyone knows you are a cry and disrespectful kid. Go learn how to play with your class instead of crying on forum.

You got all wrong I'm not crying, I'm just upset with my dps is that hard to understand. You guys clearly don't have minds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

I know you said if youre not a gunner main don't reply but I get the frustration and I want to help. I am not a gunner main but I do in fact have a gunner and from the looks of it I am also more geared than you so I thought I would give my 2 cents. My gunner is full frostspark gear with mystic ulti mw accessories (neck,ear,ring,belt) was not able to get these because it was not my main class and I didnt want to be rude to my friends I ran idd with. All of my gear is +10 my 2 pistols and AC are 15 as well as my wings. I think my chest is 12 pants 11 hat is 13 but doesnt matter. my stats are 14.6k atk 13.1k acc and 4.7k crit no buffs/food/xform/minion. Nothing fancy just mcrit 58 and matk 15 mostly atk stones. I think youre isue is maybe youre just not geared enough I am always #2 on dps and lately if I get in the mood for gunner because I think its such a fun class, just nothing can take away my love for chanter, I hop on and run new pf and idd and I am always top dps with randoms by a huge amount. But instead of blaming the class I think it is much better to look at what you have and what you dont and see what you can improve on. I have modor stigmas are all +6 if you want I can tell you what I use my cubic is all filled from 6.X and it is all filled except for platinums now. possibly check your manastones, check your tuning, every piece of mine is HP/Acc/Crit for armors and HP/Atk/Acc/Crit for wings accessories and weapon obv with atk speed in the weaons in echange for HP.Just focus on what you can do more for your class gunner got a nice buff in this patch so I dont see why you can feel they are so underpowered.

 

I don't mind people to comment if they have played gunner or used to play it for a while like you. I said that so that they could have experience about how the class is somehow nerfed. But I only said that from the perspective that other classes with same my gear could have better dps and more Magic/Physic Att. Pwr

But It looks for a gunner to be effective it gotta be geared as you said and in a full good status like other previous comments.

 

16 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Hey maybe you dont have daevanian skills look into everything and I dont mind giving help on what I do but again I am not a gunner main

I have almost all daevanian skills and I have 2 stigmas +9 2 stigmas +6 2 stigmas +3 and I really love this class. Thank you

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

And in pvp they have that shield that gives them +3000 pvp defense literally canceling every attack they get for such a long time.

Yeah that is good for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 3:33 AM, Versailles-DN said:

Alright, I'll bite...

I'll go ahead and answer to you simply why gunner feels so bad: you are not max geared, and you don't pvp.

I played gunner at the very beginning of 5.0 before I quit and returned at the beginning of 5.8. I played my gunner through 6.x and about a month before 7.0, I've rerolled AT. But hear me out. 

I decided to no longer play my gunner because I felt what you were feeling, and I asked myself quite a bit why gunner felt so awful. I have pretty good ping. My rotations are decent. I can switch between cannon and pistols quickly. Why was my damage lacking? Well...

Gunner performs very poorly in PvE, because of the reasons you mentioned. However, very geared gunners (such as Rick and XYZX to name the main two that pop into my head) have good DPS. Have good damage in PvPvE. They are geared. If you want to play gunner after 5.0, you better be prepared to omega-swipeu or work your tail off. Because you will get nothing accomplished as a gunner if you are mediocre, or not willing to put in the money or energy to be fully geared to compensate for the fact that gunners do not get a lot of passive buffs like other classes do. If you are not in majority red as a gunner in PvE, you better bring some high dps with you to things to carry your damage. Because a half geared PvE gunner isn't gonna do it sis...

As far as PvP, while the same applies, you better check your daevanion skills. Because if you don't have the purple trunk shot....oof. You're missing the true beauty of gunner PvP. While gunner doesn't do as much damage as the other classes do, they are full of CC and utility, and the ability to kite off opponents until the end. Mobility and utility are the true strengths of a gunner, especially in full purple (like I was this past patch). PvP in a group is even better for gunners if you and your team can communicate effectively BECAUSE of the versatility of gunner CC. Silence, stun, sleep, root...slow...Because of these things, a smart, well practiced gunner can stand toe to toe with any other class if you know what you're doing, have the right daevanion skills, and the gear. Being a good gunner is all about persistence, honestly. It's hard if you didn't have the head start in 5.8 for decent compensation in 6.x.

I rerolled because I'm a fairly busy person...I know I don't have the time and I'm not willing to spend the money to gear myself heavily in PvP, which is what I enjoyed most about playing gunner. If you aren't willing to put in the work and only want to complain, then reroll. I'm serious, not trolling or anything. But you're wasting your time being half geared and complaining, if you want to be good, put in the effort to be strong. It's not like NCSoft will balance Gunslinger to be easier just because you asked, lol. So work with what you have and get geared ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

@Versailles-DN Thank you so much. You gave me boost to do more on that character and try to gear it up. It looks like that's the only solution left behind...  Ty again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always suggest just focusing on what you can do to improve. if one class is what you like to play don't give up on it just because you feel like its not the best you'll never have fun that way. There should be plenty of rotation guides and etc on YT so check that stuff out and just put a little bit of work researching and you can have fun with your class. Imo this patch is great for every class it is very well balanced and the classes, all of them, feel good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as purely dps goes, gunner isnt worse , is just that you need to have 2 weapons. Is not something optional. Every class needs gear in this game, and the main complaint aside from enchant rates is "class X is nerfed, ncsoft sucks".

And pistols are the main damage, not cannons, pressurized chamber x + trunk chain is where the damage comes. And you absolutely need the daevanion that allows you to use pressurized chamber twice in a row.

There is a debate over supressing fire and strafing fire, but whatever you chose is fine, and  strafing fire gets better and better with the higher lv transformations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OnlyOne-DN No problem! I'm glad I've inspired you, gunner will always have a special place in my heart. Practice makes perfect. Failure is the best way to learn, so I hope you've learned what you need to do and take action :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Godot-KT   
20 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

And pistols are the main damage, not cannons, pressurized chamber x + trunk chain is where the damage comes. And you absolutely need the daevanion that allows you to use pressurized chamber twice in a row.

The whole precise (trunk) shots chain or just precise shot > rapid reload > something else (strafing or suppressing, gunshot chain maybe)? Is it worth slotting autoload in gold stigma slot if pressurized would be on cd after being used twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 4:19 PM, Godot-KT said:

The whole precise (trunk) shots chain or just precise shot > rapid reload > something else (strafing or suppressing, gunshot chain maybe)? Is it worth slotting autoload in gold stigma slot if pressurized would be on cd after being used twice?

Precise shot going into cannons is good for burst in pvp, but since the creator is worried about pve dps, precise shot chains as a whole and gunshot are better, since if you do what you described will only result in running out of skills faster. But the point is that you don't deal any damage with pistols when pressurized chamber is not on.

I dont use autoload, but again, i dont have stigmas plus to the point i would have a slot to use, since i need juggernaut cannon and the 40s stun for pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×