Event and Bots

Melodiosa-KT

Report the nyerk out of them. It may not make any difference, but in the off-chance some of them are banned or suspended I'll be happier for it. I agree with you though. For big events such as this one there really should be someone monitoring. RNG is bad enough without having to deal with the lag that comes with an army of bots.

Alts that log to do the free event quest, open one chest and then logout are obviously not bannable. And it is not like they do something that screams "bot" in order to ban them. Plus I doubt anyone spends so much time in Sanctum/Pandaimonium to get irritated by the many characters. If you are not in Lakrum or Demaha then what are you doing in Sanctum?

It sounds like you have alts and you can't open a chest in sanctum because of many others doing the same thing and you accuse other alts of being "bots".

Exactly, he defines a bot that is anyone that is quicker then him to open a box.  He also seems quite confused between a bot and an alt.  Many people have numerous accounts just to farm events, get over it.  If you don't like it, don't do the event or don't try to pick boxes right when event resets.  It is not rocket science.  Reporting....lmao what a noob.

First its pretty easy to make the difference between alts and bots.

When you you see 10 toons loging in and off systematically following an exact path between npc and boxes each time, that is a bot mate!

Also bots are not faster than human, you just need to memorize the spawn location of the box and spam right click, no bot will open that box before you :D

17 hours ago, Melodiosa-KT said:

Okay, is it or not time that a GM comes to Sanctum to get rid "permanently" of the many bots that always are opening chests? There are more bots there than players and is so very annoying! >:(

The last time this event went live, i think 18 months ago maybe? I did a 10 minute video of the bots working the boxes non stop, sent a ticket with it and explained the situation to support, by the next 36 hours bots dissapeared, this was KT-E. 

But well i'm not bothering anymore, fighting bots its like fighting the tide it always keep coming back lol

On 9/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Alts that log to do the free event quest, open one chest and then logout are obviously not bannable. And it is not like they do something that screams "bot" in order to ban them. Plus I doubt anyone spends so much time in Sanctum/Pandaimonium to get irritated by the many characters. If you are not in Lakrum or Demaha then what are you doing in Sanctum?

It sounds like you have alts and you can't open a chest in sanctum because of many others doing the same thing and you accuse other alts of being "bots".

Normal player - Runs to box camps between 2-4 boxes or maybe runs to w/e box through other boxes then complains they missed it.

Bot account - Keeps going around in a perfect rectangle through the middle of all the boxes till it finds one to open. Straight line if we talking the gold box. They join the ever increasing amount of bots. Most i saw was 25 characters walking in a perfect rectangle through the small boxes.

It is blatantly obvious which characters are bots and which are not. 

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Normal player - Runs to box camps between 2-4 boxes or maybe runs to w/e box through other boxes then complains they missed it.

Bot account - Keeps going around in a perfect rectangle through the middle of all the boxes till it finds one to open. Straight line if we talking the gold box. They join the ever increasing amount of bots. Most i saw was 25 characters walking in a perfect rectangle through the small boxes.

It is blatantly obvious which characters are bots and which are not. 

Well I haven't stayed there long enough to see this pattern, if I was to make a program I would simply make it /select small box and /attack or something, so the "pattern" would be the character selecting a box and going towards it so it wouldn't look that obvious.

The best thing they could do to make farmers less effective is to make the events for prestige users only, can you imagine the wrath of the community :D

Archived