Returning Player with friends...questions

1s22A1BA-KT

I have a 65 Songweaver..that I completely forgot how to play.  Just informing because I feel lost coming back and am looking for answers for the following questions:

Server merge.  I am Elyos on Siel.  My wife and a good friend are going to play.  Is there anything special we should do before the server merge?  Hes just starting and she has a 65 cleric.

When we played before a Cleric and a Sorc could duo some AP zones for farming (forgot the name).  We did it for awhile.  Are there any zones like that still where some specific classes can duo/trio to increase their AP farming.  If so what class combo is best?  We are pretty set on Songweaver/Cleric but the third person is willing to play anything.

We have the prestige package.  Are the items you get from the supervisor a one time only thing? Want to make sure we take it on the right character.  

Are there any Must buy items off the Market that just makes life easier that has come out since level 65?

How is the endgame pve/pvp doing?  Are there raids/dungeons that are worth farming?  Is there good server pvp...or hopefully good outlook when the server merges?  We are looking for a game for atleast a year while we wait for a couple games (Pantheon/Ashes of Creation).

My friend has to level up to catch up to us.  With the help of some 65's any super easy ways to boost that process...not that it seems hard anymore they streamed-line a lot it seems.

Lastly, anything else I should know?  Like quest I should being doing daily no matter what or something that requires farming that I need to start right away?

Thank you in advance.  We are looking to get back into it pretty seriously and want to dive in..but currently I feel like I can't find the pool.

Trexon

12 hours ago, Trexon-SL said:

We are pretty set on Songweaver/Cleric but the third person is willing to play anything.

- Just a suggestion, but your friend might want to play a physical dps or tank class.

We have the prestige package.  Are the items you get from the supervisor a one time only thing? Want to make sure we take it on the right character.  

- If you're talking about the once-a-month special item chest, then yes, you only get it once that month and you can only use it on the character to which you applied the code. That said, some of the items you may get INSIDE the chest are account tradeable.

Are there any Must buy items off the Market that just makes life easier that has come out since level 65?

- Not sure about necessarily buying anything, but I'd say things to hold onto (if you get them) are omegas, temperings, greater mythic supplements, spinel medals, fragmented spinels, Berdin's lucky stars, etc. Anything that increases your gear or EXP gain since leveling from 66-75 is a grindfest.

How is the endgame pve/pvp doing?  Are there raids/dungeons that are worth farming?  Is there good server pvp...or hopefully good outlook when the server merges?  We are looking for a game for atleast a year while we wait for a couple games (Pantheon/Ashes of Creation).

- This varies based on people's opinions on what "good" pvp is. I'm more of a pve queen anyway, so I won't comment on it. When you get to level 66, you can do Adma and Theo fairly easily. Make sure you do your daily Lunas as those give rewards, good crafting, lots of EXP (on par with Fissure of Oblivion), and sometimes omegas and temperings. Once you get to around 68-69 (depending on class), you can start doing Archives of Eternity. That gives greater mythic supplements which you'll need to guarantee 100% success on your omega enchantments. It also gives gear that you can disenchant for chronos stones or sell on the broker.

My friend has to level up to catch up to us.  With the help of some 65's any super easy ways to boost that process...not that it seems hard anymore they streamed-line a lot it seems.

- I leveled a toon from 1-53 in about 8 hours. Leveling is super fast now, especially with the crazy strong gear you get at level 10 and then again at level 55. Granted, that was with a 100% EXP server buff. However, low levels get EXP boost amulets several times throughout the leveling process; be sure to go to Panda/Sanctum every 5 levels (or just switch to standard server in the Fortress cities of Beluslan, etc) to grab your pink quests from the angels. Those award lots of free stuff that can be used or sold.

Lastly, anything else I should know?  Like quest I should being doing daily no matter what or something that requires farming that I need to start right away?

- Do your Lunas every day/week. They are the quests you get from the little pink moon near your skill bar if you aren't sure what that is. If you're 66+, do your daily Fissure of Oblivion too -- even if it's just killing the three fatties.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

First, 

Thank you for answering all my questions.  Gives us something to go after now and makes me feel less lost!

Second,

Could you expand on this please?  

6 hours ago, Vantheria-IS said:

We are pretty set on Songweaver/Cleric but the third person is willing to play anything.

- Just a suggestion, but your friend might want to play a physical dps or tank class.

Why do you suggest a tank/physical dps?  Is it just to have the basic trio of dps/healer/tank for group make ups for groups? I think we would be only interested in going a Tank if it was possible to three-man Ap farming groups or if there was an advantage in someway.  Or was this for pvp? Just like to get yours and anyone else thoughts.  We would really like to try to do zones with just the three of us and if I remember this game like before, it seemed controlling classes with lots of DPS could do most zones without a tank if ya worked at it, and the benefit was more loot your way vice going to pugs.  If that makes sense?  Is that still possible?

somethings, pve wise, actually require at least 1 physical and 1 magic dps, boss doorways in Archives among them.

And pvp all eggs in 1 basket still happens with certain groups, I have a cleric with a ridiculous block set from 4.9, let alone what a more recent gear out does, but no MR versus some other players that have MR sets that only purpose builds can even scratch, so having 2 different types of dps simultaneously hammering a single person still works. 

doesn't have to be a tank, just physical damage.

well since sw has decent heal, it doesnt really need a cleric to survive
don't pick classes in such a way (dont pick the usual 1 heal 1 dps 1 tank type of trio), play what you enjoy, if you all know how to play your class, then the type of your class doesn't matter

and... maybe you'll hate this idea, but I'll be honest
if you forgot how to play either your class or whole aion, start a new character, to learn the mechanics all over again
you have experience, so you won't be as lost as the new players, and lvling is really fast, but it worth to see the changes in the game and so you'll understand the whole thing better

7 hours ago, Kiatra-BR said:

somethings, pve wise, actually require at least 1 physical and 1 magic dps, boss doorways in Archives among them.

90% of the dots work on physical "relic" without resist, just like the blue adds in RB/ORB, so you dont need 1 phys & 1 magic dps to duo AOE (as a cleric I duo it with a gunner without prob)

15 hours ago, Trexon-SL said:

Second,

Could you expand on this please?  

My line of thinking was exactly as Kiatra's reply above. As Aeve said, it's not impossible to do it with an all magic crew, but some instances are just made easier if you also have a physical. In the end though, this is a game and games should only be played if you find them fun -- so your friend should pick whichever class he/she will find to be the most fun. :)

To answer your question on endgame PvP:

PvP at the moment is very instance-heavy. They updated idgel dome into a king-of-the-hill style instance, and a tournament-style instance called Arena of Tenacity was introduced. Open-world PvP is still somewhat alive, but it's very zerg-centric with almost every encounter taking place around the elyos/asmo home base. I personally think that it's better than Cygnea/Enshar PvP because there aren't any guard gates blocking your way around the map, but on the downside, it's still zerg PvP that takes place in a general area :/ 

Regarding the songweaver class, the general consensus is that songweavers are the best PvP class in the game at the moment, so if you are used to playing the class, I would keep going with it if I were you. It's a very newb-friendly class, and when you get to endgame, it's a deadly class with a ridiculous amount of low-cooldown utility skills. 

Archived