Character Customization Files

Voltric-DN

Hey guys,

I've been debating whether or not to replace my D drive with a larger one and have a rather interesting question. My Aion game folder is located on that drive, so I am wondering if I transfer those files over to a new drive, will the character customization files in my screenshot folder still load in the character creation screen?

If anyone knows for sure, please let me know!

• 4 months later...

Hey @Arhangelos-KT, I have a question about screenshots and I am hoping you will have an answer for me. I believe I read somewhere that you can import screenshots of characters taken in-game and load those character stats into the character creator. Is this true? I attempted to take a picture of an NPC in-game and load her stats into the character creator, but it did not work. I put the screenshot in the same folder as my other character files, but the file would not show up when I tried to import it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Hey @Arhangelos-KT, I have a question about screenshots and I am hoping you will have an answer for me. I believe I read somewhere that you can import screenshots of characters taken in-game and load those character stats into the character creator. Is this true? I attempted to take a picture of an NPC in-game and load her stats into the character creator, but it did not work. I put the screenshot in the same folder as my other character files, but the file would not show up when I tried to import it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

To take the screenshot with the details you need to take the screen shot with Ctrl+PrintScreen button together, you then get this information:
8QdhHO9.jpg

As you see it also has the name "AionCustomize<number> here. This screenshot needs to be in the screenshot folders in your aion and if it is not edited or altered with external image processing programs at all it should be usable as a character customizing file. The levers are apparently in the metadata of the image, so if you edit it with photoshop for example it will most likely destroy that data.

The screenshot can be taken anywhere and anyhow, it doesn't even need to show the character up close or clear, the info of the levers is still there. BUT I would suggest you to take a screenshot clearly of that char so it is also a good reference, when you try to load a specific character it helps with the previous image.

You can also take the screenshot of a char in the character design screen so it is a clear image of the char for reference.

@Arhangelos-KT

Thank you for the detailed answer! Unfortunately, this method did not work for me. ? Allow me to explain. I took a screenshot of the NPC as you instructed. I went to my folder and found the image with the customization number. I loaded the character creation window and the image was there, but when I went to import the data, my own character appeared instead of the NPC (I was standing near them when I took the photo).  So I went back to the same NPC, zoomed all the way in so only she was visible, and took a new image. This time when I went to load the image in the creator the screenshot did not appear at all. I attempted this several times and it simply does not work. I even went back and took a screenshot of a playable character and that player's data loaded in the creator without a hitch. This leads me to believe I simply can not load NPC data into the creator. Go figure!

18 minutes ago, Azeriah-KT said:

@Arhangelos-KT

Thank you for the detailed answer! Unfortunately, this method did not work for me. ? Allow me to explain. I took a screenshot of the NPC as you instructed. I went to my folder and found the image with the customization number. I loaded the character creation window and the image was there, but when I went to import the data, my own character appeared instead of the NPC (I was standing near them when I took the photo).  So I went back to the same NPC, zoomed all the way in so only she was visible, and took a new image. This time when I went to load the image in the creator the screenshot did not appear at all. I attempted this several times and it simply does not work. I even went back and took a screenshot of a playable character and that player's data loaded in the creator without a hitch. This leads me to believe I simply can not load NPC data into the creator. Go figure!

You cannot snatch levelrs of NPCs or other players. As I said it doesn't even matter who is in the screenshot or not, when you take the screenshot, it captures the appearance of the character you are logged and taking the screenshot with.

If you want to make a player based on the appearance of an NPC you have to figure it out yourself and make the character as close as possible to the NPC
If you want to look like another player, that player needs to take a Ctrl+PrtScn screenshot with the character you want to look like and send you the file.

2 hours ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Well, I did say I was trying to import an NPC's stats into the character creator in my original post. I guess that answers my question then. Thanks for your help! ?

I didn't pay attention to the NPC part, so my bad, but yes it is impossible to do that. At least not with the ctrl+prtscn

Archived