A bug, but one of the weirder ones that Support wasn't able to help with

Falcy-DN

Alright, so. As the topic title states. I have one of these weird ass bugs that Support wasn't able to help me get fixed. I had varying degrees of success with each of their troubleshoots, but nothing ever stuck. So I'm on the forums to tell you the bug I'm having and if anyone else has ever had this issue and was able to fix it.

So this ONLY AFFECTS one character, Falcy on Danaria Elyos. No one else is affected nor are any of my other accounts affected by this bug.
So the first time I log in or any time I have to input my pin(Like when I'm in the instance server or coming out of the instance server), I get a super long delay of about 20 or so seconds before it actually takes me to a loading screen. Through out that entire time, I can't do anything except wait. You'll see in the video I'm trying to click around on another characters, but it just doesn't let me.
Finally, it loads in and everything is normal as normal can be. This bug is actually even worse in the instance server cause it adds another 10 seconds on top of the 20 seconds. 

So yeah, that's the bug in text and video format. If anyone knows what's wrong and is able to fix it, that'd be great because this bug is just annoying with it only affecting Falcy :|

Does it happen no matter where you last logged out ? It may just be taking the client a long time to load into such a densely populated areas. Though you say it happens for instances as well in which case I'm not sure. I'd chalk it up to garbage servers and a garbage client. No idea why it only affects the one character.

1 minute ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Does it happen no matter where you last logged out ? It may just be taking the client a long time to load into such a densely populated areas. Though you say it happens for instances as well in which case I'm not sure. I'd chalk it up to garbage servers and a garbage client. No idea why it only affects the one character.

It doesn't matter where I am. I could even be inside a Studio and it would still have this delay.

The only theory I can think of is that I have some item somewhere on my character that none of my other characters have that's causing this huge delay. Maybe even a quest, but I honestly can't confirm or deny that. 

Just now, Falcy-DN said:

It doesn't matter where I am. I could even be inside a Studio and it would still have this delay.

The only theory I can think of is that I have some item somewhere on my character that none of my other characters have that's causing this huge delay. Maybe even a quest, but I honestly can't confirm or deny that. 

If you wanna go nuclear, strip down out of all of your gear, drop all quests that you can easily retake or haven't progressed far into. Bank or store whatever you can bit by bit. It'll be time consuming but that'd be the way to test your theory. I've never seen this issue before, the the game does load EXTREMELY slowly for me the first time I launch it after every patch. This is why I'm inclined to believe it's some BS on NCSoft or the Game's end and out of your control.

11 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

If you wanna go nuclear, strip down out of all of your gear, drop all quests that you can easily retake or haven't progressed far into. Bank or store whatever you can bit by bit. It'll be time consuming but that'd be the way to test your theory. I've never seen this issue before, the the game does load EXTREMELY slowly for me the first time I launch it after every patch. This is why I'm inclined to believe it's some BS on NCSoft or the Game's end and out of your control.

That sounds horrible... I'll see about trying it.

Also update that I forgot to include. I have the same problem on my laptop when it's connected to my home WiFi or the University WiFi. Even if I directly connect to a modem, I still have that problem. The laptop has a fresh install of Aion, too, and is only like.. a few months old at most? 

I have the same issue and also have SSD mine just fixes itself after a few days though.

This would happen periodically once every month or 2 then will be fine for ages then stuff up again for a few days. I noticed if I try to load chrome straight after running the client it happens.

If you have net limiter or a similar network checker you can open it to see if there is any other procedure draining your connection. It kinda looks like ping issue or something.

But if you say it happens only on ONE character of your account then it defo has something to do with that specific character and the server.

3 hours ago, 1s30CCF7-KT said:

I have the same issue and also have SSD mine just fixes itself after a few days though.

This would happen periodically once every month or 2 then will be fine for ages then stuff up again for a few days. I noticed if I try to load chrome straight after running the client it happens.

This has been periodically happening to me since as far as I can remember now. Some days I'm able to load in instantly, but the majority is this delay.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If you have net limiter or a similar network checker you can open it to see if there is any other procedure draining your connection. It kinda looks like ping issue or something.

But if you say it happens only on ONE character of your account then it defo has something to do with that specific character and the server.

I don't have anything like that. 

14 hours ago, Falcy-DN said:

@Cyan Do you think you can forward this over to the Devs and see if they have a fix for this? I don't imagine they do, but anything is worth a shot at this point. (Except reformating, I ain't doing that)

I kinda doubt this is a conflicting item, because I am an item hoarder, I still have Sillus and Silona marble quest mats since I do not delete anything.

But then again it could be an item how could we know. I doubt the devs can do anything. If you insist on them that this happens exclusively on this one single character then they might do a check, but don't give them power to delete that item, they will probably delete your weapon and then give it back to you with 5.8 stats or something.

You can't trust people who never played Aion a single day.

Archived