Coming back after three years

1s33CF92-KT

I stopped playing since 5.0 +/-, and I'm planning to play again with 2 friends... so I have a few questions, as I don't know absolutely nothing of the new changes

1. Should I keep playing with my main character? It's there anything that I can't get anymore if I play with a new char? Like my old mounts for example

2. In which server should we play?

3. How much time it would require for us to catch up top players starting from 0? It's mandatory to invest money/do p2w?

4. How many people does the end game instances require to be completed succesfully, 3/5/10? 

5. Any additional advice?

Thanks in advance.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:01 PM, 1s33CF92-KT said:

1. Should I keep playing with my main character? It's there anything that I can't get anymore if I play with a new char? Like my old mounts for example

2. In which server should we play?

3. How much time it would require for us to catch up top players starting from 0? It's mandatory to invest money/do p2w?

4. How many people does the end game instances require to be completed succesfully, 3/5/10? 

5. Any additional advice?

1. Yes, there are things your old toon will have that you can no longer get. So I would keep it. That said, any gear it has is absolutely useless. Keep it for skins if you want, but you will need new gear.

2. I'd say KT is slightly more populated than DN now, but probably not by much. KT is Elyos dominated; DN is about even, but maybe slightly Asmo dominated.

3. To catch up to top players? Several months -- and that's if you're really dedicated. If you haven't played since 5.x, you are very far behind as we are currently in 7.0. P2w does help, but you will still need to grind out instances (both pve and pvp).

4. Endgame instances are all 6-man except one which is 18-man. Not many people do the 18-man one though as its rewards are a bit outdated. Those who do it only do so for the Prestige weekly quest which gives 2 ultimate enchantment stones. Two of the endgame instances can be soloed/duoed/trioed, depending on group gear/set-up. Another can be trioed or 4/5-manned. It just depends on how geared everyone is.

5. Aion is not very well-supported by NCsoft anymore. Those of us who still play do so because we like the game, have friends we want to hang out with, etc. We can tolerate its problems because of the joy we still find in it. You will have to make that decision for yourself. Give it 1-2 weeks of playing, and by then, you should be able to tell if it's still worth playing for you. Good luck. :)

• 4 months later...

please need help, @Cheesecake-DN @Arhangelos-KT

coming back to Aion:

Noob Question:

About Ranger Life Leeching skills (absorving HP from mobs)

I find just one ranger skill: Soul-Boosting grabing 50% damage as hp.

But when fighting Bosses this cooldown is too long.

Is there any other ranger Life leech skills or stigma beside that one?

We have perceived Glads have 3 vampiric skills  for example.

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Michelli-DN said:

please need help, @Cheesecake-DN @Arhangelos-KT

coming back to Aion:

Noob Question:

About Ranger Life Leeching skills (absorving HP from mobs)

I find just one ranger skill: Soul-Boosting grabing 50% damage as hp.

But when fighting Bosses this cooldown is too long.

Is there any other ranger Life leech skills or stigma beside that one?

We have perceived Glads have 3 vampiric skills  for example.

I also never played an end game archer, but what you can defo do is you can open the skill tab and hit "view un-acquired skills" this way it shows you every skill the class could have had (stigmas etc), you can check the daevanions and see there too.

BUT I think archer has that one leech skill, (like sorc also has one leech skill, like many classes also have one only, gladiators are a broken class do not compare it to anything else lol)

Archived