Serious question

Elisond-KT

On 2/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, 1s32AFE6-KT said:

So I've recently returned to the game after being gone for quite a few years, and I'm wondering do people still RP on the remaining servers or has RP died out all together?

There was a time classes had their job so RP was kinda based on your class. Now everyone is a dps class + their special class abilities. So no, there is no such thing as RP in Aion.

If there is still roleplay, it's very underground. I remember days when you would go to the bars in Sanctum/Pandae and find groups of players roleplaying there. But those areas were closed off when the main cities were downsized. Also, in an effort to make leveling easier and more streamlined, many areas were removed from the game. Those areas were good rp areas. Lastly, there used to be a difference between the base story for Elyos and Asmodians. During the streamlining of the leveling process, the storylines were made identical. So there is no difference between an Asmodian and an Elyos. All racial features (skin color, claws, manes, skins, etc) have all been removed.

Most roleplayers that I knew have moved on.

There is also no "fun" content anymore. Even housing became obsolete. There were NPCs for skisn and they are gone.

It is not like you can play some dress up. Even character customization got worse, you can no longer select any skin tone you want. Previously you could make any skin colour, now everything is in nude tones or browns. Same thing for hair, you could make a 0,0,0 ~ 255,255,255 colour and now you are limited.

Retardification of the game became real, someone in the company is making money when he comes up with these stupid ideas, because it seems they implement them.

• 3 weeks later...

So hey guys, I saw this thread and for a moment I felt very happy because I was desperately looking for AION RP information. I was very happy to see someone was talking about it... But then, I realize the situation is far worse than I imagined.

I started playing Aion in 2011 and I quit it in 2015, so it's been 5 years of complete silence on my side. I noticed A LOT has changed... Matter of fact, I barely recognize the game. It feels like coming back to an old lover who fell into drugs and alcoholism till completely ruining itself. A horrible show.

I was really hoping to find RP in Aion, for I am a keen RPer and this game has a deep emotional meaning to me (or at least, it used to). However, judging by what I read, it's not even worth installing it these days... at least for what concerns finding RP, which appears to be completely gone.
So my question is...

Are there still RPers out there who RP in this game? Maybe even in closed-off groups underground?

21 minutes ago, 2s17C053-DN said:

So hey guys, I saw this thread and for a moment I felt very happy because I was desperately looking for AION RP information. I was very happy to see someone was talking about it... But then, I realize the situation is far worse than I imagined.

I started playing Aion in 2011 and I quit it in 2015, so it's been 5 years of complete silence on my side. I noticed A LOT has changed... Matter of fact, I barely recognize the game. It feels like coming back to an old lover who fell into drugs and alcoholism till completely ruining itself. A horrible show.

I was really hoping to find RP in Aion, for I am a keen RPer and this game has a deep emotional meaning to me (or at least, it used to). However, judging by what I read, it's not even worth installing it these days... at least for what concerns finding RP, which appears to be completely gone.
So my question is...

Are there still RPers out there who RP in this game? Maybe even in closed-off groups underground?

I think there MIGHT be a couple on the Asmodian side, there used to be a tiny guild or two running but that was before NCSoft up an deleted half of the game. It became harder to get skins and some of them were removed altogether. Maps were removed or had entire areas blocked off. As far as I know RP is a dead and gone as the rest of the old game and I'm someone who started out on Lumiel, the original RP server.

1 hour ago, 2s17C053-DN said:

So my question is...

Well first of all- welcome back to Aion! 

The forums aren't really the best representation of the game, or the community. There have been a lot of changes over the years and they're a mix of good and bad- despite what you will see people saying here :P The funniest thing is seeing people go off to play on private servers and they've forgotten how grindy and inconvenient everything used to be; we all forget how nice the quality of life changes are <3 Anyways, 5.0-5.8 were pretty much completely off the rails, and I had a lot of fun back then but I also know a lot of people (including the friends who introduced me to Aion) quit because there were just way too many systems in place for gear and character progression. So 6.0 was the big overhaul/streamlining patch, and things have been increasingly refined since then. I do miss the differences between storylines on Elyos and Asmodian sides as you level up new characters, but it's not like the overarching lore was deleted or ruined- I think people just skip cutscenes and quest dialogue too often and miss out on it all. As for roleplayers, I'm not sure there's any dedicated legions or groups for it anymore, especially because legion content became relevant, if not crucial to gearing up, again. But we're definitely still out there! I love talking about lore and worldbuilding and characters with my friends, even if I don't have time for writing back and forth paras at the moment. 

Archived