Is it safe to come back?

WeevyWonder-DN

Hey people's children! Hope everyone is doing swell. I am just wondering if now is a good time to come back to the game? I am curious about the new patch. I kind of want to pvp more so than pve. However, I know my gear for pvp will be rubbish if I come back but I am willing to put in the effort to get pvp gear. Have the events gotten better? I got tired of the afk events I like the events that you actually actively play to receive a reward. Not just login afk and toon hop. What's the highlight of the current patch? Are the servers active?

1 hour ago, WeevyWonder-DN said:

I am just wondering if now is a good time to come back to the game?

Anytime is a good time to come back if you are a calm-minded person who doesn't mind shaking your head at the stupid shit that is becoming more prevalent in Aion. If you rage easily, then no, don't come back.

but I am willing to put in the effort to get pvp gear

Getting good pvp gear is easier now than it was in 6.x and 7.0. Now you can farm ultimate blood marks in Crimson Katalam (cross server pvpve map) and buy the second best pvp gear in the game outright instead of having to enchant the Dark Talon (best gear) from ancient > legendary > ultimate. It's a good shortcut for new/returning players.

Have the events gotten better?

We have events almost every week now. The usual rotation is something like t.rash event > good event > t.rash event > ok event > good event.

What's the highlight of the current patch?

Uhhh... lol? Idk, there are a lot of various types of pve instances currently. Also, we can pvp in Crimson Katalam. Having three sieges occurring at the same time adds a different dynamic to things on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Some hate it, some like it, but either way, it's different. There is always something to do.

Are the servers active?

KT is a bit more active than DN. You can usually form groups on both servers. Keep in mind that Aion is a slowly dying game, so population continues to decrease each year.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, WeevyWonder-DN said:

Hey people's children! Hope everyone is doing swell. I am just wondering if now is a good time to come back to the game? I am curious about the new patch. I kind of want to pvp more so than pve. However, I know my gear for pvp will be rubbish if I come back but I am willing to put in the effort to get pvp gear. Have the events gotten better? I got tired of the afk events I like the events that you actually actively play to receive a reward. Not just login afk and toon hop. What's the highlight of the current patch? Are the servers active?

you aint missing nothing if i were you and werent logging in right now i wouldnt come back right now its not the time they arent doing gp resets properly so for those who want to gain rank you have to stop sieging to lose rank right now which is kinda dumb cuz  i used to enjoy siege thats why i log in less til  my rank decreases a good bit oh by the way forget to say the drop rate is horrid what is there for you to come back to  if you got ultimate pve gear its still good aint nothing so new that its any better  me on the other hand been running alot of idd and i cant seem to get my pants to drop maybe i should just wear my boxing brief's or boxers til 8.0 in that case ;)

Archived