Forums

A few questions, casually returning

Soaken-DN

Hello.

I just downloaded the game again after my friend sent me the 7.5 trailer, for nostalgia's sake. I played this game for some years, since 1.9 until 5.something. I had some breaks and lost some contents, but always got up-to-date with the new things. When 6.0 came, I didn't enjoy the transformation contracts and as I was playing alone, I ended up giving up. 

I don't want to live the old days, when I was used to farm every instance and burn every cooldown possible. I think I'll be content if I could do some dungeon once in a while and farm a decent gear, as a minor objective. 

I searched for some information on the topics here and I could gather some words like pandora's gear for casual players. solo instances, free ultimate windstream, etc.

I would like to know if that's something I should do: go for pandora (I don't know which gear is, where I start). I got the windstream purple gear, both pvp and pve. I'm atm at 78, not currently farming because it's just too much information for me. My inventory is full and I don't really know what I should go for.

And one more thing: in any case that I should run instances with people, can you tell me if rangers are accepted? I almost quit for good when Beritra was around, rangers couldn't be called for anything. Maybe there's time to try another class.

Hey whats up Soaken,

Welcome back, I am kind of in a similar boat to you I returned myself about 12 days ago now and was super overwhelmed with all the new stuff and events going on. I play pretty casually myself but with the COVID-19 pandemic ill admit I have played a little more than in previous years. I joined a legion and that helped alot they were really open to new/returning players so that might be a good option for ya. There has been some insanely good events since I have been back and they are still going on right now actually, I would recommend you run the heck out of Frozen Monolith (FM) and Bastion of Souls (BOS), FM is a 3 man instance that you should see tons of ppl recruiting for in LFG and BOS is a solo instance that can be a little confusing at first but is pretty easy an quick once you get the hang of things. 

There are some other posts of people putting out some good information on the changes coming with 7.5 so for me I am just farming FM's on my main an alts, stock piling Blood marks from Katalam, enchantment stones and working on my stigmas along with trying to get the sovereign set. Im not so focused on getting accessories anymore given the coming changes in 7.5. Anyway hope that helped a bit, regarding your question on rangers, I see tons of them running around getting excepted to all instances from what i can see. They also seem to be quite strong in pvp at least the ones that have shot me in open world lol. 

8 hours ago, Soaken-DN said:

I would like to know if that's something I should do: go for pandora

No, please don't get started on this! I don't want you to waste your time as this gear/quests go away in 2 weeks when 7.5 patch hits. As @Lifeshatter-DN mentioned, run all of your BoS and FM CDs this week and next week as you might get a couple ultimate gear pieces for your character. You can also buy loot rights in lfg if you have any kinah (probably won't have kinah though since you've just returned). These armor/weapons are the best in the game for pve and still extremely OP even in 7.5, so they are not a waste of time to get!

Really, everything Lifeshatter said below is valid.

2 hours ago, Lifeshatter-DN said:

I am just farming FM's on my main an alts, stock piling Blood marks from Katalam, enchantment stones and working on my stigmas along with trying to get the sovereign set. Im not so focused on getting accessories anymore given the coming changes in 7.5.

If you only care about pve, don't worry about the blood marks from Katalam as that's for pvp gear. In addition to doing your FMs and BoSes, you can also do your IDDs and PFs for more pve gear that will help you get going in 7.5.

Make sure you immediately buy the Stormwing egg from the BCM (it's a free "purchase") and get that going. It is the best event we have had in over a year, and it still has 2 weeks left. By opening this egg every day, you can get an A-rank minion, stigma enchantment stones, *selectable* Daevanion skillbooks (you'll find out what those are soon if you haven't already), and more very important items.

Guys, that help A LOT. Thank you very much.

I got the Stormwing's egg and just hit 80. Today I'm gonna look for FM and I'll try to do that with all my toons. I will take a look on youtube so I can run without being affraid of screwing things up. 

I actually enjoy pvp, but playing so casually I know I won't get anywhere competitive speaking, so I would rather skip it. I don't mind getting some blood marks, tho. 

Again, thanks a lot. You gave me some directions to go for. 

@Cyan

could you tell us if the item called Experience Marks will be obsolete and useless material in Aion 7.5 or can we continue to gather it in 7.3 ?

we are investing time and kinah to invest in it, but we don't know if in May 27th, it will could rubbish item just after the update.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCgLaVgmn2bWwgW6Jzj55

20 minutes ago, Jenifer-DN said:

@Cyan

could you tell us if the item called Experience Marks will be obsolete and useless material in Aion 7.5 or can we continue to gather it in 7.3 ?

we are investing time and kinah to invest in it, but we don't know if in May 27th, it will could rubbish item just after the update.

It will be mega core, like 5 dozens of things to buy with exp marks

2 hours ago, Jenifer-DN said:

@Cyan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCgLaVgmn2bWwgW6Jzj55

You buy a ton of things with them, they become the new thing with fame system. Exclusive vendors that you can use once you reach specific level or fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvLoG4tgX4

Archived