Noob question about picking a class

5s1C08B4-DN

Uh I was trying to look around on youtube to get a better idea of the classes but there wasn't really much there to help me see the differences between the classes. I was wondering what abou tthe sorcerer, ranger, and gunslinger make them different and unique? Like what role/niche do they fill to make them different from each other? From what i saw so far they all just look like ranged dps classes with just different visuals, and the videos didint really touch on mechanics and roles. sorry if it's a dumb noob question, but I'm looking for a new pvp mmo to play and tend to play ranged/kitey dps classes like archers or mages and want to make the right choice in aion.

3 hours ago, 5s1C08B4-DN said:

Uh I was trying to look around on youtube to get a better idea of the classes but there wasn't really much there to help me see the differences between the classes. I was wondering what abou tthe sorcerer, ranger, and gunslinger make them different and unique? Like what role/niche do they fill to make them different from each other? From what i saw so far they all just look like ranged dps classes with just different visuals, and the videos didint really touch on mechanics and roles. sorry if it's a dumb noob question, but I'm looking for a new pvp mmo to play and tend to play ranged/kitey dps classes like archers or mages and want to make the right choice in aion.

Sorcerer is kinda tricky to play, you have the longest casting skills in game which make the class sometimes unplayable against many classes
Archer is sorcerer with instant skills pretty much (without the stigma nukes obviously) so less burst dmg.
Gunslinger is another instant skill sorcerer type of class, with far better survivability (and not the stigma nukes obv), pretty good dps

4 hours ago, 5s1C08B4-DN said:

Uh what are stigma nukes if I could ask? Also what makes ranger and gunslinger different from each other?

Nukes = Glacial Shard, Flame Spray, Stormstrike (stigma nukes), and then Aetherflame (nuke skill), Flame Waltz is also nuke-ish and it is aoe.

I have the feeling gunner is a more mobile character than archer, it is the jumping-sorc version or something.

5 hours ago, 5s1C08B4-DN said:

Oh thank you for explaining things to me! Would you happen to have any advice on what faction/server i should join on NA?

Katalam was the most populated server and still is, to the point people from DN wanted to immigrate to us, but lately KT server bugs for many hours each week and we cannot play until the GMs wake up and do a reset. Yesterday for example, we were bugged for close to 12 hours!!!

In Katalam, elyos are more in numbers and are more active. In Danaria the Asmodians are more in numbers.

22 minutes ago, CHONKERS-KT said:

How does Vandal compare to sorc / ranger / gunslinger?

Vandal is kind of a compilation of several classes. It has an ambush skill like a sin, has an evasion "shield" similar to leather classes, weapon (chromablaster) is similar in appearance and where it's stored on the toon's body to a gunner, has some sorc-similar nukes. Ability to kite decently, squishy as it's a clothie like sorc.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Vandal is kind of a compilation of several classes. It has an ambush skill like a sin, has an evasion "shield" similar to leather classes, weapon (chromablaster) is similar in appearance and where it's stored on the toon's body to a gunner, has some sorc-similar nukes. Ability to kite decently, squishy as it's a clothie like sorc.

Vandal is far more mobile than a sorc  as they don't have to cast their skills.while at the same time having much better defenses (HP leeches and shields). Their skills are generally on far shorter CDs than a sorc as well.

Gunners and rangers compare well in mobility with the vandal however DPS wise vandals are the best of these three in general in NA from what I have seen. I would say that few people regret selecting vandal and I doubt that NCSoft will  nerf it hard in Aion's remaining days due to the number of people who play vandal. Not to say that gunners and rangers aren't good choices- they may require a bit more investment.

Archived