Fast-track 8.0 to NA

OsirisCleric-DN

@Kibbelz

I would recommend your Dev team contact NC Korea about getting 8.0 here sooner. This will help out in several ways.

It will bring players back to the game who quit of boredom.

It will give all current players new interest in the game, especially those who have already become max geared.

It will keep people busy with new content, leveling up, and gearing up from scratch again.

Players who are on the fence of quitting, will most likely stay longer.

It is time for the stale 7.0 era to be put to rest and the next era of Aion to begin.

Bringing 8.0 to Aion sooner will give players at least another year of new content to enjoy and move on from the boring same old same old of 7.8.

😁

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...wait until we get 7.9 first.

Trust me. You'll want to skip past 7.9. The epic level of crying that will come with 7.9 will be enough.

Once people start crying about being able to be killed by their own faction in Kaldor and all the new bosses that drop platinum cubics and other good loot being camped 24/7, 8.0 will be welcomed that much faster.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:54 AM, OsirisCleric-DN said:

Trust me. You'll want to skip past 7.9. The epic level of crying that will come with 7.9 will be enough.

Once people start crying about being able to be killed by their own faction in Kaldor and all the new bosses that drop platinum cubics and other good loot being camped 24/7, 8.0 will be welcomed that much faster.

Lol they are turning this into Lineage II open pvp. Can't wait to drink the tears of everyone complaining on how bad 7.9 is. But I think we deserve a 7.9, the whole 7.x patch is horrible and 7.9 can be the cherry on top and stay in our memories as the most obnoxious patch in the history of Aion.

Those who quit of boredom will not come back just because we get new content, Those who quit of boredom were probably those who could not spend 1000s and could not get to end game because they did not have enough time to do luna/sas and all the other daily tasks + events that were running. This caused them to be stuck not being able to do anything in PvP or PvE progression.

If the core gameplay mechanics are not improved those who quit over boredom due to the 6.0 gear stat system problem will quit because of boredom in 8.0 as well simply because the way gear stats work make the game very boring for a long period of time till you catch up. 

The fact that they made extreme gear have better stats shows the entire world that 8.0 is catered towards those who are at end game and they want to prevent them from quitting.

The only reason extreme got a buff is because the +8 or +9 people have at now will be overshadow by the new gear plus is comes with passives built in to it along with the pledge system similar to what they are doing to the yorn weapons as well making a tier 4 so that the people who dealth with the crappy 15% proc still get use out of these weapons seeing as the new world boss drops armor not weapons. It was said that we understand that new gears can take a lot of time and money for aquisition, enchantments so they intend to make this process smoother. They literally also made sure gear progression is easier you want PvP gear you do the changable NPC sub-race quests and quests in the new map you want the PvE you do the new instance. They said said were trying to do a few things make the top of the line gear retain value still after the update, slightly bussing the gear, adding new item collections with the existing gear, and also re-implementing the wrapping system to make the items tradable. Wrapping items will be purchasable through a special NPC in the new map.  There is also gear Illusion armor that drops from the world boss where certain classes with have a piece that has a skill skin. But they stated themselves in the update info they made progression easier they said new pieces with all use the same old stones they also said they made an NPC for people have a bunch of stones to upgrade through an NPC in gelk or ing. The update they are adressing a lot of the gameplay issues of the game.

7.9 is fine but for people who are bored it will still be more of the same since its is solely quality of life changes which is why a decent amount of players went Classic on launch there wasn't much new content, no gear, nothing new to do unless you include the mini instance. Kaldor will most likely be a 7.9 part 2 thing again which again makes it really sad for the amount of time to wait for the new update since it is promising nicer things for the game in general. Its a wait and see how the things pan out in game but its a much better step in the right direction for the game.

None of the new things are purchasable its all things you grind out again because they want you to engage in the map but as far as the way the quests read and the other information they have it looks okay and I am happy and hopeful for the good news in 8.0 hopefully it lives up to the strong words put behind it but only time will tell if it does. The extreme paragon gear with caveats will still be the best but the likelihood someone can +15 it without an event at a .01% proc rate is impossible I havent even seen KR players with higher than a +9 full set most have the +8 that they gave in an event a long time back if they use it at all

Sorry its early morning and my english and korean brain isn't on yet feelsbad when neither is your mother tongue. I totally skipped over they said to smooth out progression they merged the two PvE and PvP gears togethers so they are unified making enchantment smoother so no longer the need to get 2 different sets of stones and still there is NPC for people with old stones so they are not lost. This is what I was trying to get at for smoother but the lack of coffee had me slipping and I went on rambling sorry for this

Yornforge update was good i do not think that should be invalidated at the start of a patch, Extreme gear can be enchanted to 15 do not forget so if it is BiS at +8/9 then it invalidates any reason for players to come back during 8.0 gear wise because those who worked on extreme gear will be stronger than them w/o even having to put any effort in.

If they get people to push extreme gear to +10/11 then i would be fine with it, Since i have not seen the stats of the new gear i am jumping the gun in my opinion anyways so it really does not matter till we see the new gear stats.

The game is becoming a HARDCORE game, if you can't spend lots of time and money into the game you'd rather quit, I did for few months, and I came back for a few weeks now, Game is the same, a hard grind fest as usual, but with so many Gears to farm and no parties to do end game content It will become harder to farm stuff as patches keeps adding stupid ways to drain your wallets....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived