About the trial version

Guest Yuppi

Guest Yuppi

So my question is for everyone that will play classic.
Do you believe anyone will actually use the trial version (is it pointless to be in the game)? If yes they will, what % of the userbase?
Do you believe it is manageable to play with those restrictions (50%exp, no kinah/ap, bad drop)?
And the last question, do you think only bots will use the trial to farm (even with the drop restriction)?

• I believe a trial version in any online game is a good way for people to try it before purchasing anything.
• I think trial version should be restricted to max level 9 with the inability to get your subclass to prevent abusers from reaching warehouse manager and trade broker in Sanctum/Pandaemonium/Verteron/Altgard.
• Free hour or not, trading, private shop, broker, gathering/crafting experience should be restricted, or better said, removed altogether for free trial. FFXIV and WoW prevent free trial users from doing that. An hour a day is more than enough for people to find loopholes and abuse that feature, so yes, there will be bots, and it's not going to be pretty.
• Limit kinah gain to around 5k-10k for free trial at all times, since there's no need for free trial users to have more.
• I'm certain there will be people who would like to try classic first, specially people who never got a chance to play older version of Aion (pre 6.0) since the current version of Live server is a cesspool of p2w garbage that's equivalent to mobile gacha games.

Guest Yuppi
8 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

• I believe a trial version in any online game is a good way for people to try it before purchasing anything.
• I think trial version should be restricted to max level 9 with the inability to get your subclass to prevent abusers from reaching warehouse manager and trade broker in Sanctum/Pandaemonium/Verteron/Altgard.
• Free hour or not, trading, private shop, broker, gathering/crafting experience should be restricted, or better said, removed altogether for free trial. FFXIV and WoW prevent free trial users from doing that. An hour a day is more than enough for people to find loopholes and abuse that feature, so yes, there will be bots, and it's not going to be pretty.
• Limit kinah gain to around 5k-10k for free trial at all times, since there's no need for free trial users to have more.
• I'm certain there will be people who would like to try classic first, specially people who never got a chance to play older version of Aion (pre 6.0) since the current version of Live server is a cesspool of p2w garbage that's equivalent to mobile gacha games.

Interesting, thank you for your answer. Also a question, do you believe there will be people ONLY playing f2p (not bots, actual players)?

22 minutes ago, Guest Yuppi said:

Interesting, thank you for your answer. Also a question, do you believe there will be people ONLY playing f2p (not bots, actual players)?

It depends. If they put more restrictions on the free trial (like I mentioned earlier, inability to get your subclass), then that seems rather unlikely. If things remain as they are now, to some 1 hour may seem more than enough if they have limited time to play games, or perhaps there might be someone who will still try to play through the limitations to progress.

Guest st0n3

Since 1.5 patch in KR people say u can't pick up quest items from mobs without sub, which was the last hit into classic f2p mode's head.

4 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

Since 1.5 patch in KR people say u can't pick up quest items from mobs without sub, which was the last hit into classic f2p mode's head.

Not much different than Prestige pack quests which you can't take or hand in if your pack expires. Sounds like a good move.

14 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

That is fine, but we are starting with 1.0 (or was it 1.2?), which means we won't be getting that feature now. NCWest isn't the type to listen to player base, and they should if they want success.

1 hour ago, Guest Yuppi said:

I doubt anyone can do it, maybe someone could end up logging in and doing killing quests to level and later on pay for subscription. It is good to be able to log without paying for any reason, but a person who wants to play classic won't be able to do so free of charge even with 1 hour per day.

There will always be other people that play 10 hours per day and that person would be playing against them or will have to play with them for instances.

Guest st0n3

You can still level up some lvl30 chars during free week, get them casual gear, being still better than what questing people are using, and gank lowbies for absolutely free as much as you wish. 

Guest Bauldr
25 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I doubt anyone can do it, maybe someone could end up logging in and doing killing quests to level and later on pay for subscription. It is good to be able to log without paying for any reason, but a person who wants to play classic won't be able to do so free of charge even with 1 hour per day.

There will always be other people that play 10 hours per day and that person would be playing against them or will have to play with them for instances.

So what you are saying is the trial version is not good enough for classic to have f2p base? You think it should be changed in any way (or removed)?

13 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

You can still level up some lvl30 chars during free week, get them casual gear, being still better than what questing people are using, and gank lowbies for absolutely free as much as you wish. 

I heard about this free week but idk anything about it? I read somewhere that first week of release is going to be free, is that the one? Also true 7 days is enough to gain enough levels and gear for low lvl pvp

Just now, Guest Bauldr said:

So what you are saying is the trial version is not good enough for classic to have f2p base? You think it should be changed in any way (or removed)?

I heard about this free week but idk anything about it? I read somewhere that first week of release is going to be free, is that the one? Also true 7 days is enough to gain enough levels and gear for low lvl pvp

Yes, if you think about it that 1 hour per day isn't really playing. I doubt anyone can enjoy the game like this. I was going to make a suggestion but there is no suggestion section here. So I'll think about it and elaborate in a separate post.

I'm opposed to any trial version unless we can get past that blocking players from the forums that don't pay is unethical and I don't think that will happen. Once again, bots are an issue and if you limit the free trial a lot, it really isn't much of trial. You can pay the subscription and chargeback if you don't like.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Trial doesnt work

The Trial (No Siel Aura) makes the game absolutely unplayable. Not to mention 1 hour Siel Aura is a total joke, only someone who has never played Aion would make a business decision like this which is telling-because this is an MMO company, you'd think they'd know their game but nop they have no clue.

1st, 1 hour isnt enough, not for quest (campaign) or instance dungeons. It take half and hour to nearly 1 hour to rally a group. Sometimes you will hang for an 1 hour just waiting for a DPS or Tank or Healer class to join. 

2nd, 50% exp, 0 kinah, 0 AP means no reason to be in Abyss EVER. AP/EXP + kills is the whole point of that section, and its the best part of Aion. No AP = no Aion for many people.

3rd, you cant trade lul, you cannot gather materials BUT YOU CAN CRAFT? WHAT LUL?. Another good example who ever did this never played Aion.

4th, you cannot acquire blue or gold drops. Whats the point of doing instances? right now most people are 30ish as far as level in concerned, so no NTC or FT for you, which means no Kromede weapon ever. Unless you get a party and get it done and get lucky all in 1 HOUR??.

Aion Classic Trial is joke. Its a bait, a tease, so you login, feel the sting, and eventually have a mental breakdown and spend money on subscription.

2 hours ago, Guest Trial doesnt work said:

The Trial (No Siel Aura) makes the game absolutely unplayable. Not to mention 1 hour Siel Aura is a total joke, only someone who has never played Aion would make a business decision like this which is telling-because this is an MMO company, you'd think they'd know their game but nop they have no clue.

1st, 1 hour isnt enough, not for quest (campaign) or instance dungeons. It take half and hour to nearly 1 hour to rally a group. Sometimes you will hang for an 1 hour just waiting for a DPS or Tank or Healer class to join. 

2nd, 50% exp, 0 kinah, 0 AP means no reason to be in Abyss EVER. AP/EXP + kills is the whole point of that section, and its the best part of Aion. No AP = no Aion for many people.

3rd, you cant trade lul, you cannot gather materials BUT YOU CAN CRAFT? WHAT LUL?. Another good example who ever did this never played Aion.

4th, you cannot acquire blue or gold drops. Whats the point of doing instances? right now most people are 30ish as far as level in concerned, so no NTC or FT for you, which means no Kromede weapon ever. Unless you get a party and get it done and get lucky all in 1 HOUR??.

Aion Classic Trial is joke. Its a bait, a tease, so you login, feel the sting, and eventually have a mental breakdown and spend money on subscription.

I agreed with you, this is the reason I stop playing to Aion Classic.

You can't be efficient whithout Siel's Aura because you got so many disadvantage. I make a NTC Run and can't be able to get the blue book on the final boss because my Siels Aura buff got off.

We CAN'T play for free at Aion Classic at this time

Guest Lulw
1 hour ago, Sarevok said:

I agreed with you, this is the reason I stop playing to Aion Classic.

You can't be efficient whithout Siel's Aura because you got so many disadvantage. I make a NTC Run and can't be able to get the blue book on the final boss because my Siels Aura buff got off.

We CAN'T play for free at Aion Classic at this time

efficcient and f2p doesnt go together bruv. Imagine wanting to be efficcient and f2p in 2021. lmao

Guest I love BDO
2 hours ago, Guest Lulw said:

f2p in 2021

Free to play with cosmetic = more money than Pay to play in the long run. They know this, thats why Aion went Free to play. Just look at Black Desert Online. 

Guest Peto
On 6/10/2021 at 1:37 PM, Kubei-DN said:

Wait a few months, they’re going to make it free to play, because it’s losing a lot of players with '' membership because ncsoft is disrespecting its consumers with the things it has done in the game.

Guest Quebe
7 hours ago, Guest Trial doesnt work said:

That's why it is a free trial. It is supposed to work like that, what's the problem?

Regarding gather/craft part, I see it this way. You spend 1 hour of SA gathering, then when it ends you craft with materials you have obtained. There IS some logic in that. 

The f2p option is intended to be more like a trial, or for those people who have busy lives and can only play for an hour. It's not designed for long term players. Stop thinking it's supposed to be anything else. This is a subscription game. 

Guest Quebe
1 hour ago, Guest I love BDO said:

Free to play with cosmetic = more money than Pay to play in the long run. They know this, thats why Aion went Free to play. Just look at Black Desert Online. 

It's either p2p or p2w. Aion on it's release had a strict sub when people liked the game. Audience didn't receive the later patches very well and game started to lose it's subscribers that's when the game became f2p (p2w in fact). Loyal audience that like the original (classic) game will gladly pay for sub. 

Regarding BDO. Premium + blessing + costumes with stats + camp with stats + weight expansion (for each character!). Without all that you heavily restricted and it's basically same trial.

Free MMOs are not truly free. Games with sub more honest to the customer. 

Archived