Subscription and free trial suggestion

Arhangelos

Subscription and Trial options  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should subscription model and free trials be:

• ---> Keep it as it is, subscription for fully enjoying the game and free to play 1 hour per day for those that won't have subscription.
    • ---> Keep subscription only for full gaming. Free to play should be turned into free to login with all the limitations until you buy a subscription.
    • ---> Subscription for full playing, but also give people that reach level 10 a buff that allows them to play for free for XX:XX hours and once the buff is depleted they will have the ability to login for free with all limitations but no 1 free hour per day anymore. (explanation below)
    • ---> Make Siel full suscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), give Israhpel subscription and the 1 hour free per day. People can choose where to start their game anyways based on that knowledge.
    • ---> Make Siel full subscription only (free to loging still exists but no 1 hour full game per day for free), make Israphel 100% f2p (with or without p2w for all I care lolz I won't be playing a 100% f2p classic, Bye!)

44 minutes ago, Guest Devir said:

There are two kind of MMORPGs Pay to play or Free to Play, every single F2P game have something pay to win, even if you look at Guild Wars 2 one of the most business friendly in the f2p market  there are some stuffs bordering the edge.

39 minutes ago, Guest st0n3 said:

U can buy unlimited number of kinah from other players in aion, no matter the payment model. What else do people need to count game p2w? Those who're gonna pay will win, this way or another. 

Y'all are both correct no doubt, but I want to say some good people might be remembering the Twinks (Hackers) The guys running around with God like gear, now matter how much you try you just are not able to kill them. For instance a level 50 Cleric unable to put a dent in a level 25 player without PVP gear. I was the Cleric just incase if you are wandering before someone from the Peanut Gallery stands up and tries to Heckle. I was in full PVP gear and I was a pretty dam good Asmo Slayer in my youth LoL But this lil SOB was untouchable and I was beyond and well passed pissed that day. LoL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Devir
24 minutes ago, DrFeelz said:

Y'all are both correct no doubt, but I want to say some good people might be remembering the Twinks (Hackers) The guys running around with God like gear, now matter how much you try you just are not able to kill them.

I agree with you, and this come from PvP games, every single PvP game have cheats and hackers running arround, even the stupid Fall Guys game has.

Anyway we will know who they are, and many people i am sure wont use those tools.

6 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

You seem to be very hostile and I am not sure why or at least that is how you are coming off. All I've done was agree with you for most of the ideas you had, but I did disagree with a few of them as well. Are you upset because I defended my opinions. I was always respectful towards you and never insulting. Ok I will apologize to you if you felt as if I was referring to you as being Naive. I'll admit maybe I shouldn't have expressed myself so obtuse towards my gaming family. You were not to know that when someone uses the words Obviously and Assumed negatively towards me I get defensive. Sorry for any misunderstandings. Hmm?? Ya know I just might have to take back my apology if you are an Asmo LoL joking .. maybe 🤣

Because you seemed like coming after me and continuously replying to something that was a reply to someone else who made a suggestion that didn't make sense. I tried to explain and you kept coming back and making assumptions about me trying to make me look like I contradict myself.

The "generous" thing was a reply to that person who wanted more f2p and his suggestion was to give full f2p until level 9 and then require subscription which made no sense and I told him that the current situation with the 1h per day is more generous than the thing he suggested for more f2p friendliness because it is more generous.

Do I like this "generosity" of NCWest giving people the chance to trade their bots' drops for h every day... I sure have stated I don't. Because being "generous" with bots friendliness is a thing we should all have a thing against.

7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Because you seemed like coming after me and continuously replying to something that was a reply to someone else who made a suggestion that didn't make sense. I tried to explain and you kept coming back and making assumptions about me trying to make me look like I contradict myself.

The "generous" thing was a reply to that person who wanted more f2p and his suggestion was to give full f2p until level 9 and then require subscription which made no sense and I told him that the current situation with the 1h per day is more generous than the thing he suggested for more f2p friendliness because it is more generous.

Do I like this "generosity" of NCWest giving people the chance to trade their bots' drops for h every day... I sure have stated I don't. Because being "generous" with bots friendliness is a thing we should all have a thing against.

I apologize if you felt like I have been attacking you, but I wasn't replying to posts you left someone else, I am that someone else. Forgive me if I made that sound confusing, but I have been the same person the entire time. You and I have been discussing and debating our opinions on F2P as well as P2W. We both agree 100% P2W is bad. But there were times I was not understanding your side of the argument and I guess when I questioned you more about it you must have felt I was attacking you so again I do apologize for mistakes made on my part. I hope in the future you and I can have lively debates without either one of us feeling attacked.  But come on your Survey, the way you wrote it out doesn't make it a fair Survey. It is completely one sided and obviously clear how you feel on the subject LoL. A Survey is supposed to unbiased and seeks out the opinions of others, is your Survey Unbiased? My opinion is you are making your readers feel if they don't agree with you, you are not going to be their friend any more LoL. Sorry every A hole (Me) has an opinion or something like that LoL. 

4 hours ago, DrFeelz said:

A Survey is supposed to unbiased and seeks out the opinions of others, is your Survey Unbiased? My opinion is you are making your readers feel if they don't agree with you, you are not going to be their friend any more LoL. Sorry every A hole (Me) has an opinion or something like that LoL. 

The survey offers many options, my comment on the last option to have Israphel f2p with a "bye" in the end is for fun, you can chill and enjoy these posts.

Nothing too serious.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The survey offers many options, my comment on the last option to have Israphel f2p with a "bye" in the end is for fun, you can chill and enjoy these posts.

Nothing too serious.

I know you secretively want it to be f2p its ok if you want to go ahead and admit it LoL.. joking lol 

You guys seem to be forgetting that this buy the "Aura" plan failed on gameforge a very long time ago, they even had to make it treadable on the auction house, since they lost the majority of their players, so what fun is there to play a game that you have no one to play with, you will always need to have F2P access nowadays, even WOW is failing in the subscription plan.

I don't totally disagree with the restrictions method but there has to be a better way to do this, like 75% for F2P and 125% exp for the paid plan, also doesn't make sense to restrict gear drop, since you already restriced the personal store access to F2P players, it will only make them no want to play in the first place, disabling no AP gain also another bad plan, make other restrictions, like not able to partake in PVP instances.

Taking away most of their access will only mean empty servers, and gold spammers in chat, South Korea made an example of how it can work, and their player base just keeps increasing month after month, learn from the good and take out the bad.

Or Aion Classic will be DOA

How will Gold Spammers spam the chat, if bots don't acquire enough Kinah and/or XP? I doubt those sellers gonna pay subscriptions for each bot they have. It doesn't look lucrative for em, I guess.

This is a first step into the right direction to prevent this, and to keep most gold sellers out of the classic servers.

It is straight the opposite of what is happening within the Lineage 2 Classic servers...

And FailForge sold Aion as a truly Free2Play model, which simply wasn't. From begin, it was a pure Pay2Win gameplay and those who used the "F2P-Model" were nearly completely locked out of the gameplay at all...

Here is my old Aion Review on Steam about FailForge and their "plans"...:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/N3tRunn3r/recommended/261430?snr=1_5_9__402

Guest st0n3
4 minutes ago, NetRunner-DN said:

It doesn't look lucrative for em

It does until people are playing the game and want to progress. If it costs them more to get kinah for sale - kinah costs more for buyers, that's all

On 6/17/2021 at 10:12 PM, NetRunner-DN said:

How will Gold Spammers spam the chat, if bots don't acquire enough Kinah and/or XP? I doubt those sellers gonna pay subscriptions for each bot they have. It doesn't look lucrative for em, I guess.

This is a first step into the right direction to prevent this, and to keep most gold sellers out of the classic servers.

It is straight the opposite of what is happening within the Lineage 2 Classic servers...

And FailForge sold Aion as a truly Free2Play model, which simply wasn't. From begin, it was a pure Pay2Win gameplay and those who used the "F2P-Model" were nearly completely locked out of the gameplay at all...

Here is my old Aion Review on Steam about FailForge and their "plans"...:

They can, since you can still progress in game until LVL 10+, even this plan failed in early F2P Aion NA, if you don't remember that, you would need to do a tedious progression quest which took you over lvl 10+, so that you could talk in /3 chat and so on, you could barely get to even read normal people in chat, nowdays, gold spammer is barely an issue in normal F2P aion, which makes no sense since it's an extremely P2W game now, which is basically an invitation for gold scammers, and an even bigger point why forced paid subscription doesn't work nowadays.

This paid plan will only make for empty servers, since there are not a lot of people in NA that are still willing to P2P Aion (with the exception of Whales who keep the servers running), proof of that is look at how many people actually voted on the poll, not a lot of people are excited to go back to Aion under these circumstances.

Also, even tho that yes, gameforge failed on the F2P marketing, it still doesn't take away the bigger picture, that is that, it failed due to their business model, (marketing there only played a small role in that), if you remember correctly, even after they made it available on the broker, it continued to fail, and it got a little better once they removed that altogether, and then, soon after, it started on the P2W, which drove the majority of the player base away, sure they made more money, but also servers got more empty and boring, which is why i changed to the NA servers, and played it for years, until it started becoming what it is now.

So no, i don't think this is a smart move on NA servers business plan, and they should improve on this.

Guest Kiesha
26 minutes ago, Darkdorm-DN said:

Hi, probably you won't get to use it until release, which should be on the 23rd

ok thanks u. ill remember to rate u 5 stars on the kinah website 🙂

6 hours ago, Darkdorm-DN said:

This paid plan will only make for empty servers, since there are not a lot of people in NA that are still willing to P2P Aion (with the exception of Whales who keep the servers running), proof of that is look at how many people actually voted on the poll, not a lot of people are excited to go back to Aion under these circumstances.

So no, i don't think this is a smart move on NA servers business plan, and they should improve on this.

"Thousands" of characters have been created, already within a few hours after opening reservation. I think those players are aware of the subscription and F2P model here at NA. I doubt this will empty the servers in near future.

All these registrations are yet, let's say, Aion's VIPs and/or "Closed Society". Also those who have been played on Private Servers for past years and who return back to official. Yeah.... also to check it out how Aion Classic will be. For sure they have informed themselves before, how those subscription and F2P model gonna be. And followed all these Aion CLassic News for weeks or even months.

And on its grand opening next week, there will be way more players and of course alts... And by doing "mouth-to-mouth propaganda, there will be even more players in future.

L2Classic failed, in where Aion Classic gonna succeed.

20 hours ago, N3tRunn3r said:

"Thousands" of characters have been created, already within a few hours after opening reservation. I think those players are aware of the subscription and F2P model here at NA. I doubt this will empty the servers in near future.

We will see, time will tell if these thousands of accounts will stay active for that long.

20 hours ago, N3tRunn3r said:

Also those who have been played on Private Servers for past years and who return back to official.

L2Classic failed, in where Aion Classic gonna succeed.

Also don't forget, most of those that came from private servers, went there in the first place, because they didn't want to pay for subscriptions.

L2Classic failed in NA, not in South Korea, they still have thousands of active players over there, same with Aion Classic.

It's not the Korean business model that is failing (even tho they made some bad mistakes), it's the NA model.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Darkdorm-DN said:

Also here is a thought for a good change for the F2P players

Completely remove the 1H Siel's Buff

Remove the drops, EXP, Kinah and AP restrictions

Remove the trade/broker access to F2P accounts, and the economy issue should be solved.

Edit:

Regarding the AP rewards for F2P players,

Players should not get AP from PVPing, only can get AP from quests, rewards from participating in sieges, and non PVP instances., (means you cannot participate in dredgion, and etc.)

Guest Nexus

Dear  F2P players,

Could you quit your b*tching... Seriously. Every thread/ post on here is about a group of people crying about not being able to afford the subscription, and or people demanding it to become free to play.

You want Aion Classic to be "F2P" but are the very same people who are the first to cry about "P2W". 

If you want it to be F2P, then it will become P2W just like retail.

Stop acting so entitled, and grow up. You aren't entitled to free shiz, that's not how the world works.

K thanks. 

7 hours ago, Guest Nexus said:

Dear  F2P players,

Could you quit your b*tching... Seriously. Every thread/ post on here is about a group of people crying about not being able to afford the subscription, and or people demanding it to become free to play.

You want Aion Classic to be "F2P" but are the very same people who are the first to cry about "P2W". 

If you want it to be F2P, then it will become P2W just like retail.

Stop acting so entitled, and grow up. You aren't entitled to free shiz, that's not how the world works.

K thanks. 

Dear Guest Nexus,

Could you quit your toxic whining, have you forgotten why Aion went to the F2P model already?

That's right, because of the empty servers, and for quite a few years, it was successful with the F2P model, longer than it was with the P2P model.

So instead of being a toxic member, why not try to be someone productive and come up with a way where both can co-exist.

Or are you just a 10yo who has no idea of why P2P Aion began it's downfall?

Archived