"Failed to Download File" - repeated error popup

Sweetzerlandia

i dunno i disabled all my antivirus but hoestly i dont think that mattered

i think the biggest thing that did it was restarting the client i let the other main game update first

Been trying to install the launcher so I can install the game and get the  " failed to download file" error every time at about 90%. Everything is off. Uninstalled the launcher deleted all the previous files for the launcher and still getting the error.  I quit this game almost two years ago because of the transformation potions and was really looking forward to the classic version but no joy here on my end.

Been trying to install the launcher so I can install the game and get the  " failed to download file" error every time at about 90%. Everything is off. Uninstalled the launcher deleted all the previous files for the launcher and still getting the error.  I quit this game almost two years ago because of the transformation potions and was really looking forward to the classic version but no joy here on my end.  Edit: Got that to work but when I go to click " Install game " it just sits there doing absolutely nothing. according to my task manager it's using 300+ mb's of memory but everything else (cpu/disk/network) is at 0%.   

its not the launcher you need to delete.

in your install game folder NCSOFT\AION_CLASSIC usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\AION_CLASSIC

right click properties on the folder untick read only

there will be a patch folder , each of the error messages will list a file and directory , delete the listed error files only.

(there were 4-5 for me in different folders). and you should be able to resume download/install once each of the error files are deleted.
it seems on an incomplete downloading from say a break in internet connection creates an error where the current client cannot repair/replace the partially downloaded files it fails the check and loops.

I'm trying to get the installer to work. I enter my usn/pass and it pops open and as soon as I  click install  game it freezes and does nothing at all but use 300+mb's of memory with no use of anything else. I don't have the folder you mentioned because the game won't install at all.

2 hours ago, Guest Kush said:

I'm trying to get the installer to work. I enter my usn/pass and it pops open and as soon as I  click install  game it freezes and does nothing at all but use 300+mb's of memory with no use of anything else. I don't have the folder you mentioned because the game won't install at all.

Delete it and start again.

Guest Athame

I had this issue and it was resolved by installing it in a different drive. So I imagine wiping everything and starting over or troubleshooting other possible causes since there seems to be different possibilities.

38 minutes ago, Guest same thing said:

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/x60NV9u.png[/img]

I dont see that, i cant log in on the website with any account, i can log in only on the launcher

That looks like the old launcher,  it's should say AION or AION_CLASSIC to the left of the Start Game button, and the Scan File button should be a couple of inches to the left not next to the Start Game button.

The correct launcher version should be:

Guest sadlife
39 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

That looks like the old launcher,  it's should say AION or AION_CLASSIC to the left of the Start Game button, and the Scan File button should be a couple of inches to the left not next to the Start Game button.

The correct launcher version should be:

Hello NC crap, i just installed the launcher today from the aion NA website :)))) 

On 6/17/2021 at 1:23 AM, 1s6F174 said:

its not the launcher you need to delete.

in your install game folder NCSOFT\AION_CLASSIC usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\AION_CLASSIC

right click properties on the folder untick read only

there will be a patch folder , each of the error messages will list a file and directory , delete the listed error files only.

(there were 4-5 for me in different folders). and you should be able to resume download/install once each of the error files are deleted.
it seems on an incomplete downloading from say a break in internet connection creates an error where the current client cannot repair/replace the partially downloaded files it fails the check and loops.

Thank you worked a charm!

Guest M1lfhun73r

I have been getting an error on NCLauncher2 install. None of the posts I can find address this error. Full disclosure, I have been emailing the AION tech support team for a few days now. We have done all the things. DXDiag, MSConfigs, Hijack this...you name it. I tried to install this on my laptop and it worked fine the first time. I cant play this game on a laptop. Anyway, here is the text from the error.

I have installed the game several times, several different places and still won't work.
Error Strings:
System.OverflowException
The image data generated an overflow during processing.
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation()
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap..ctor(BitmapSource source, ColorContext sourceColorContext, ColorContext destinationColorContext, PixelFormat format)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation()
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit()
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage..ctor(Uri uriSource, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy)
at NCLauncherW.Views.SplashWindow..ctor(ServiceRegion serviceRegion)
at (ServiceRegion )
at A.c4373bb884a7415918869f08a7250f816.c47dc36c3ef840496a5f5c268b6bdd157(ServiceRegion )
at NCLauncherW.App.c4d8686bfe532514bdb3c355715f8776a(ServiceRegion )
at NCLauncherW.App.c44bdd0881849d49d6c6d3f3196c0216b.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Archived