Jump to content
Forums

Server Stability on June 23


Recommended Posts

Guest Sparky

How do you guys think the servers will be on June 23? Do you anticipate crashes/downtimes, or do you think that won’t be a big problem this time around?

@Kibbelzwe got people from multiple regions coming to classic, so please be sure the team is ready to deal with issues like this. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sparky
26 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Lol, pure trolling.

Nothing to see here.

 

 

Lol Ferk I didn’t want to post this topic, believe me. But you know its probably inevitable. Sadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

depends.  If you've been cruel and mean to any shugo's expect to be miserable.

Not anticipating any problems.  doesn't mean there won't be be NC Soft should have managed to master shard technology by now.    I've got a whole heleva lot more computer then I had in 2009 and I've got fiber optic broad band so I expect my frame rates to be god like.  but then again, we'll have to just see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Pleb
5 minutes ago, Bittena-DN said:

depends.  If you've been cruel and mean to any shugo's expect to be miserable.

Not anticipating any problems.  doesn't mean there won't be be NC Soft should have managed to master shard technology by now.    I've got a whole heleva lot more computer then I had in 2009 and I've got fiber optic broad band so I expect my frame rates to be god like.  but then again, we'll have to just see. 

Yeah but the engine the game is running is from 2002 and it was never updated, also the enhanced  graphics were added after 3.7 i think and classic isnt getting that, so doesn't matter how beast of a computer you have when it isnt optimized for multithreading and sieges will be a slideshow for most.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless there's any issue within the first few minutes, no.
We've come a long way from the original release of this game, technologically speaking.  I can't imagine it's going to be difficult to maintain the servers with the small fraction of the players they're going to have now, compared to the players we had then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guest Pleb said:

Yeah but the engine the game is running is from 2002 and it was never updated, also the enhanced  graphics were added after 3.7 i think and classic isnt getting that, so doesn't matter how beast of a computer you have when it isnt optimized for multithreading and sieges will be a slideshow for most.

Except that the classic client already has the enchanced graphics... but yes, not optimized. =/ 

We can only hope for a Aion Remastered for 3.0+ content (new 3.0 content, not what we got before).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Loadrng said:

Except that the classic client already has the enchanced graphics... but yes, not optimized. =/ 

We can only hope for a Aion Remastered for 3.0+ content (new 3.0 content, not what we got before).

Are you sure? I looked in the AION_CLASSIC  folder and was surprised to see an old GameGuard.des file!

How long ago was it that GameGuard was dropped? You would think the devs removed that if they were seriously working on the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Are you sure? I looked in the AION_CLASSIC  folder and was surprised to see an old GameGuard.des file!

How long ago was it that GameGuard was dropped? You would think the devs removed that if they were seriously working on the game.

Yes I'm sure. But oh well, it's still NCsoft hahaha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...