@kibblez from the few that still play on danaria.

Cute-DN

since automated replies are only thing me and my friends are getting regarding server merge and names thought id post here after finally managing to pass the login loop to even get on the forums. i saw the post about merge and me and many of my friends are concerned that names will only be reset for Danaria while Katalam gets to keep everything as is. this will simply make us quit, as names are one of the only things that still connect us to the game, many of us have had our names for years and many recognize us via those names. removing that and making us choose a new name on a server that is just as old as Danaria is simply stupid. as names like mine are guaranteed to be taken on other server by player accounts that haven't touched the game in years, also finding new name is also impossible as any decent names are already held on accounts with lvl1s or lvl 80 event alts. instead of that i suggest you do merge like during israphel/tiamat/kahrun and siel/beritra merges where all server players had their names reset and had chance to take them again and people that had names for long time could reclaim via support  if a troll or name sniper took it. merge is welcome but only if everyone has fair chance at getting back their name. sincerely Danaria Playerbase. 
@Kibbelz hope you read this and forward it to the team before the final decision.
rptjios.png 

The fact KT doesn't get renames means most people can keep their name by going there now and making a char with their name and keep it. Unless of course it is already taken in which case one of you would have to choose a different name anyways. Usually pretty generic names/word are already taken.

Also this is not a KT problem since we still have people playing and our servers are probably still viable. They taking action for DN server because it is the one which is empty and they have to close it so they give a free ride to everyone into KT.

Imagine if a populated server, that still brings money to the company has to suffer because a 2nd server is dead and has to merge with us.

27 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The fact KT doesn't get renames means most people can keep their name by going there now and making a char with their name and keep it. Unless of course it is already taken in which case one of you would have to choose a different name anyways. Usually pretty generic names/word are already taken.

Also this is not a KT problem since we still have people playing and our servers are probably still viable. They taking action for DN server because it is the one which is empty and they have to close it so they give a free ride to everyone into KT.

Imagine if a populated server, that still brings money to the company has to suffer because a 2nd server is dead and has to merge with us.

clearly this post wasn't meant for you. both servers are same age both have around same population sure kt has more but if you exclude amount of bots on kt difference is not that big , even with bots included difference between 2 servers is around 100 players. and no you cannot go to take a name on kt now. go try my name if you can , i tried close to 100 alternative names because of servers old age it was all taken. thats why they should be fair to both servers and reset names on both, you arent losing anything by them reseting names on both because you can still submit ticket to get your name back if it gets stolen, but dn players on the other hand  have their hands tied no chance to get their names back no chance for decent new names. its more benefitial for you aswell to make both servers have names reset as that will make less people quit. its simple we lose our names we had for years upon years with no chance to get it back nor to get even decent new one. we quit the game.

11 minutes ago, Cute-DN said:

clearly this post wasn't meant for you. both servers are same age both have around same population sure kt has more but if you exclude amount of bots on kt difference is not that big , even with bots included difference between 2 servers is around 100 players. and no you cannot go to take a name on kt now. go try my name if you can , i tried close to 100 alternative names because of servers old age it was all taken. thats why they should be fair to both servers and reset names on both, you arent losing anything by them reseting names on both because you can still submit ticket to get your name back if it gets stolen, but dn players on the other hand  have their hands tied no chance to get their names back no chance for decent new names. its more benefitial for you aswell to make both servers have names reset as that will make less people quit. its simple we lose our names we had for years upon years with no chance to get it back nor to get even decent new one. we quit the game.

If the person that holds your name hasn't played for a long time can't you ticket and get it? Merges are awful in general as they are the outcome of a dying game.

In KT we still see people getting into the enemy main cities, we have active map pvp, our gelk/ingi camps are being flipped by enemies and sieges are full. You can hardly let your char afk in Gelkmaros city burried into a deep room because elyos hordes come into the town to pvp. Same thing for Ingisson.

When I logged my DN char none of this ever happened. The camps are 99% of the time up on the map and you can afk the whole week in your main city and nobody will scratch you. The player difference is bigger than that.

11 minutes ago, Cute-DN said:

clearly this post wasn't meant for you.

...lately the forums became so cancerous, people cannot express an opinion and everyone jumps.

This post was for me and all KT players since you requested our names to be changed because DN is getting a transfer to KT.

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If the person that holds your name hasn't played for a long time can't you ticket and get it? Merges are awful in general as they are the outcome of a dying game.

...lately the forums became so cancerous, people cannot express an opinion and everyone jumps.

This post was for me and all KT players since you requested our names to be changed because DN is getting a transfer to KT.

you can only do that if both server names reset and you get your name stolen, you cant do it if its a transfer. that's why im saying to do reset on both cause players that are playing now wont lose their names as they can ticket and the danaria players will also not quit because they lost their identity in a game that they had for years. think about it its more beneficial for you to support this than to oppose it. as it will boost pop/make more people stay while you still get to enjoy your names. and yes it wasn't meant for you it was meant for @Kibbelz as i cannot reach beyond automated message via support system.

I wouldn't want to open a ticket for a name dispute and get an automated reply though myself either.

What if you and the other guy that has the name "cute" both open a ticket for the name? The word cute is so general, what if the other person has it as long as you did or more?

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I wouldn't want to open a ticket for a name dispute and get an automated reply though myself either.

What if you and the other guy that has the name "cute" both open a ticket for the name? The word cute is so general, what if the other person has it as long as you did or more?

automated reply was on suggestion not the name steal ticket. those have been pretty fast. and if  2 have same name then its playtime/rank/lvl that was what decided who got to keep it on last merge, for example i kept my name as i had it on 2 servers tiamat and kahrun and also had very long playtime. but either way its a nonissue cause mostly names on other servers are held by inactive accounts , i havent seen a person with danaria name running around on katalam beyond 1-2 occasions over like many many years. either way resetting on both servers is more beneficial than resetting on just one. what could they even offer me to compensate for the name? i dont really care about ulti xform even if they send me like 10 i dont need it, i dont care about extreme gear either even if its +15 its gonna be useful for like 1-2 patches at most till korea releases more gear . id rather keep my name than get some temporary item/stat bonus

I agree that all names should be reset.

We already going to lose our mansion/estates we worked hard to buy, we'll be poor if we compare prices between servers, and to be nameless is just beyond pathetic. 

The only tiny, small, microscopic hope is that they read this and work on changes that will make the merge a little smoother. 

On 7/15/2021 at 9:00 PM, Kibbelz said:

Over the past several weeks, we have seen many players discuss & request a server merge between Danaria and Katalam.

@Kibbelzwe know you guys log off to read forums and pretend you are not here. Doing nothing to make things better is just personal choice at this point.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:15 AM, Cute-DN said:

since automated replies are only thing me and my friends are getting regarding...
rptjios.png 

I can't fully express how royally ticked off I get when I get these copy-and-paste automated replies. Either they literally have nothing to do with the ticket, or they brush you off like the one you posted above. Support is saying to its customers "We care so little about you, we wont even read your tickets."

I agree that its only fair to reset names for everyone. Players who are active and have played for a long time deserve priority.

Archived