Forums

NCSoft Spat In My Face

Lohlee-DN

Hi Daevas, 

I am an old veteran of this game. I played it when it was fresh. Was even in Beta. I was hearing all this noise about Classic from my friends, so I decided to give it a try. I played yesterday and I can already tell, they cut the EXP you receive. I'm still in the starter area so I was totally baffled. I had already read they cut AP and gathering for free players which really ticked me off, but I wanted to see how it played through. I don't know by how much they cut the exp but it is very obvious. I find it in very poor taste the way they opened this server. If I pay 1 cent I'm falling for the marketing gimic, and I will feel like a complete fool. (Not speaking for or about anyone else, this is my own personal feelings, please don't get offended.) I expected them to have plenty of pay to boost options, but to try to sell me this half assed version of what I used to play and enjoy extremely insulting. And to top it off, charging me 15 dollars for 30 days. If a private server exists, that is where I'll take my chances. NCSoft has never cared about their players, only money...but this is not the way to go about it(not like they care). If things change i'll come back, they usually get desperate enough to make changes anyways. If not, they have lost me for good. I am sure they will lock this thread. Responses are not necessary...I just want to get my feelings out somewhere. If you read this, good luck. If you are NC Staff, be very ashamed. 

If you are a veteran, why is that only your 3rd. post?

I have been playing Aion since 2009 and the XP/AP with the Siel Aura active is pretty much how I remember it to be. I think you are seriously mistaken about that.

If you played it when it was fresh and even in Beta, then why is the $15 a month sub a slap in the face? When the game was fresh and originally launched like 10yrs ago you had to pay $50+ to purchase the game AND still had to pay $15 a month sub. Right now they are only requiring the $15 a month sub unless you want the Daeva pass but after the first month it is less lucrative for new players without the Coin rewards.

I always wonder about people that want the F2P model, how do you expect NCSoft to actually pay for the servers/datacenter costs and employees that maintain it? By having the P2P people and P2W people subsidize it for you? The sense of entitlement is staggering! At least with some countries they are only complaining about the cost being high for their country vs US and Canada. I can understand them asking for the cost to be adjusted for their region, but the amount of F2P people making posts and even some making demands is ridiculous.

I don't know about the OP, but I didn't have any trouble getting through Newbieland. If anything, I feel like I'm leveling faster than back in the original days. This could be due to the number of double XP days we've had admittedly. 

Now that said... I do subscribe. 

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

If you are a veteran, why is that only your 3rd. post?

I have been playing Aion since 2009 and the XP/AP with the Siel Aura active is pretty much how I remember it to be. I think you are seriously mistaken about that.

Dude, just go away.

You attack everyone who has any amount of criticism on Classic. You are clearly an NCpuppet or making money off of gold/exploits/hacking.

Classic isn't going to survive long, just deal with it kiddie.

Archived