Jump to content
LordVoldy-KT

SM guides.. Where art thou??

Recommended Posts

So, I am poking around in the forums and cant find a guide about SM. Can any expert SMs out there chime in their comments. Im just new again to the game. I also have questions regarding pvp gearing.. I  have a lvl 70ap armor (except gloves) and intending to upgrade em to lvl 75 with spinels.. many of you would suggest to just buy em straight from broker.. anyways any tips on gears, weapons, essence allocations and manastones to socket.. (pure knowledge or half precision - more realistic)... Help us. Hehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I'm sm I will suggestions some tips , the best Gear now is prime 75 you have to socket with knowledge +10 3 part of the gear ,1 part precision +10 ,other 29/8 , the book you have to get the Provence + prime 75 with know or 29/8 you have to reach the 6k mb and 1k or 900 critic spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Basia-DN   

@LordVoldy-KT I would suggest you buy your LVL 75 set off the broker as suggested because come 5.8 you will need your medals and AP to upgrade the LVL 75 to LVL 80 Gear!

Socketing your gear with Knowledge +10 and Precision +10 is ideal if you can afford to get those stones.  I personally have 4 parts with Knowledge and 1 with Precision and my Weapon with Precision as well.

For your weapon, the best weapon in the game for SM is the Provenience + Prime 75 because it does have attack speed.

Hope this does help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pyxlbomb-DN said:

@LordVoldy-KT I would suggest you buy your LVL 75 set off the broker as suggested because come 5.8 you will need your medals and AP to upgrade the LVL 75 to LVL 80 Gear!

Socketing your gear with Knowledge +10 and Precision +10 is ideal if you can afford to get those stones.  I personally have 4 parts with Knowledge and 1 with Precision and my Weapon with Precision as well.

For your weapon, the best weapon in the game for SM is the Provenience + Prime 75 because it does have attack speed.

Hope this does help.

This does help a lot.

Though I have another question and based on what you said above is there anyway that I can keep the lvl 75 book (if ever land my fingers on one) and have some decent pve stats too. Right now I am using a +15 sophi fused with the bm weap. Im getting good stats both pve and pvp wise with that fuse. Can I have your suggestions? And I really do wanna keep the lvl 75 weap for upgrade later on 5.8. 

Another question is accessories. Right now I have the cheap ones (not really cheap these days on broker) the dareets. Would it be wise to just enchant them or try and land some lvl 75 acc?? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LordVoldy-KT said:

This does help a lot.

Though I have another question and based on what you said above is there anyway that I can keep the lvl 75 book (if ever land my fingers on one) and have some decent pve stats too. Right now I am using a +15 sophi fused with the bm weap. Im getting good stats both pve and pvp wise with that fuse. Can I have your suggestions? And I really do wanna keep the lvl 75 weap for upgrade later on 5.8. 

Another question is accessories. Right now I have the cheap ones (not really cheap these days on broker) the dareets. Would it be wise to just enchant them or try and land some lvl 75 acc?? Thanks. 

Keep your existing weapon, it's fine. There aren't any existing options you can use right now that would give you PvE stats with Abyssal fuse. If you insist on having a single weapon that combines PvE with PvP, you can do Ahserion (or Arena) with Harvester, but you will lose out on attack speed. 

Try for Abyssal accessories ONLY if you're okay with them breaking upon enchant failure and having to do it all over again. If this is beyond your means, then aim for Boundless accessories. They won't break (resets to 0) upon failure. Stats are decent as well. 

There's is nothing wrong with Reian accessories, but most people see them as "starter" items. If you're concerned about what other people think, maybe don't invest in them as much. If you don't care, they're perfectly fine. Do whatever is in your means and will satisfy you.

Edited by Forgotten-DN
Missed a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake-DN   

Strip debuffs -> Chain of Earth -> Stone Shock -> Bind -> Silence -> Shackle -> fear/burst = win. 

 

All you ever have to do and you insta win 100% of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really helpful tips guys.

One more question, so I got a prime archon book (yay!!) Im now at the pricess of enchanting it to +15 before soul binding it. Lol. (Luna OMEGAS). Anyways, so I had this frigida spellbook, can I fuse it with my lvl75 tome? And would you recommend doing that or just sell it? Thanks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a clean mythic Frigida lying around and you don't need the money, go ahead. Double-check what the stats will be on the final weapon before committing. If it's not better than your existing +15 Soph fuse, you're better off selling it. If you mean you want to put your existing +15 Sophisticated Frigida as an under-combine, don't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pylon-KT   

First of all, let's make some assumptions, you are approaching end-game gears, you are pvp lover, you need to be P2W in some sort or super brilliant on earning kinah and such. 

Ultimately you should be getting 4 sets, MA/MB, SR, MS, and MB/MA. (piority in place, and will give more reasoning below)

In terms of weapon, you should ALWAYS go for attack speed weapon even if you are playing with 200ms+ ping. So at this stage provenance spellbook/orb is your ONLY choice for pvp even in 5.8.

For aggressive set like MA/MB, MB/MA, 75ap armors are essential. The only difference would be manastones, braclet, and plume. There is a manastone calculator for 5.6 and knowledge is capping at 360(green number, all manastones + CP) if knowledge 10s are being used. So for best MB stats and assuming you are putting 60 knowledges on CP, 30 slots(5 pieces of gear) of knowledge 10s will be the solution. There are still 2 pieces remaining and for MA/MB they should be socketed with all precision 10s, and for MB/MA mb29/ma8 will be the best.

Always get MA/MB set first and then MB/MA(actually I would put this set the lowest piority) cause mage can only deal damage when it hits, and we aren't like sorc that have 1000 MA buff.

Now defensive sets, MS set goes first cuz it's NA, you will have more chance facing mages for some reasons. The best set for MS is 65 mythicn ap set with FULL MS+50, a 65 weapon with full MS+50 or any archdeava weapon with 6*MS+50 and 6*knowledge 9/10. AN INTERESTING TIP/TRICK: for acc selection on MS set, top <Harvester's Combat Earrings/Necklace> are actually giving the most MS even if they don't give any magical stats (and yes I'm using it).  I'm also using a +8 braclet with MS+50, but not necessarily.

The most interesting set is actually SR set. It requires MONEY, and possibily a lot of them and the set looks stupid, but IT WORKS. 3 pieces of 65 mythic ap +20, with full SR+22, and 2 pieces of 75ap with full agility +10, which gives you 1850~ SR. And you could try (optional) with an archdaeva weapon + mythic BM weapon socketed with FULL POWERS +10s for physical defense, and pvp defense +5 underneath. I'm not gonna explain why, but it works after testing.

Braclet, pure plume, and minion are the other three HUGE p2w pieces in AION and they are building ur stats to perfect conditions. But they are costy and hard to get.

With all above, I can have 4kMA/6k2MB, or 6k5MB/3k8MA, or 1850SR/4k Physical defense, or 6150 MS with full buff(empowerment)  with 60cp on precision and 60cp on knowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, Medivac-KT said:

First of all, let's make some assumptions, you are approaching end-game gears, you are pvp lover, you need to be P2W in some sort or super brilliant on earning kinah and such. 

I dunno if in gonna cry or thank you. Anyways. THANKS A LOT!! I cant build any of the sets you mentioned (as of now). I dont p2w, just a casual player. But still. I wanna try doing the MA/MB Set. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pylon-KT   
On 2017/11/19 at 2:35 AM, LordVoldy-KT said:

 

I dunno if in gonna cry or thank you. Anyways. THANKS A LOT!! I cant build any of the sets you mentioned (as of now). I dont p2w, just a casual player. But still. I wanna try doing the MA/MB Set. Thanks for the info.

:P so for casual player who also wants to enjoy pvp, get that said MA/MB set and socket precision +9 until you have 3k6 MA and then all knowledge +9s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess thats my best option. Hehe. Anyways got a new question.

@Medivac-KT so I got this lvl 75 ap book and I dont wanna lose it with under combine. Do you have any idea for second best atk spd for under combine as prov (using gear calc) cant be fused under prime.. and come the new update the need for abyssweap of lvl 75 grade would be in demand... so.. thats my dilemma now. :) thanks.

And btw im working on my ma/mb gear. I am no on my way in having a lvl 75 ap tunic (from royal archon) I know a lot would say to just buy off the broker but im already at +8 so no turning back. Anyways, should I retain my arena gloves (for atk speed) or opt for the lvl 75 ap gloves? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pylon-KT   
On 2017/11/23 at 8:01 PM, LordVoldy-KT said:

I guess thats my best option. Hehe. Anyways got a new question.

@Medivac-KT so I got this lvl 75 ap book and I dont wanna lose it with under combine. Do you have any idea for second best atk spd for under combine as prov (using gear calc) cant be fused under prime.. and come the new update the need for abyssweap of lvl 75 grade would be in demand... so.. thats my dilemma now. :) thanks.

And btw im working on my ma/mb gear. I am no on my way in having a lvl 75 ap tunic (from royal archon) I know a lot would say to just buy off the broker but im already at +8 so no turning back. Anyways, should I retain my arena gloves (for atk speed) or opt for the lvl 75 ap gloves? Thanks.

So I would recommend combine lvl70 arena under prov, if you really want to save money ;p

IMO I would say atk speed gloves is not my favorite anymore (I used to use lvl50 ap atk speed gloves for years). The reason is simple: we need some base casting speed so that once we hit cc we could land skills in limited time.Also you lose a lot pvp defense. But this is just my personal preference, everyone has their own play styles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Medivac-KT my thoughts too. And I havent noticed that the cast speed was removed and was replaced with atk speed. Hmmm. Thanks for the info. 

I haven't got any prov weapon though. So another thing to acquire :(. 

I think ill work on getting full lvl 75 gear first then get the prov afterwards. 

Another question, what should I undercombine with my lvl 75 book. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pylon-KT   
1 hour ago, LordVoldy-KT said:

@Medivac-KT my thoughts too. And I havent noticed that the cast speed was removed and was replaced with atk speed. Hmmm. Thanks for the info. 

I haven't got any prov weapon though. So another thing to acquire :(. 

I think ill work on getting full lvl 75 gear first then get the prov afterwards. 

Another question, what should I undercombine with my lvl 75 book. Thanks. 

Best choice is lvl75 book that gives a lot extra pc damage, but atk speed wise u would probably consider blood medal one with 17% atk speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Medivac-KT said:

Best choice is lvl75 book that gives a lot extra pc damage, but atk speed wise u would probably consider blood medal one with 17% atk speed.

Hmmm.. I havent noticed that blood medal one. Gonna check it out sometime. 

Well I cant opt for thenbest choice lol. So im going there thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×