Drenite Ore Exploit

Gullinkambi

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Neither has platinum medals, as 55 pvp gear has not yet released.  So those who choose the plat medals instead of the 10 gold medals from the campaign and are already stacking ahead of all other players deserve to be banned for an exploit and something that is not "implemented into the game" according to your logic.  It doesn't affect anything, and even if it did, people would be making thing that are unusable currently. 

Deal with it.  Cope, Seethe, Mald.

They really can't use those medals, they can just remove them and add 10 Gold Medals to their toons. They haven't used them yet, so they kinda haven't done anything worth banning. Different situation than Drenite Ore.

Maybe give those people a warning, but it's different.

6 minutes ago, Gullinkambi said:

They really can't use those medals, they can just remove them and add 10 Gold Medals to their toons. They haven't used them yet, so they kinda haven't done anything worth banning. Different situation than Drenite Ore.

Maybe give those people a warning, but it's different.

They could just as easily compensate for removing the ore.

Its crazy that this whole useless forum thread is just based off someone who is upset to the fact they didn't understand the game to know the pet existed months ago, getting Drenite to craft basic mats to level their crafting.  Instead they had to spend millions for Balic mats on broker and that's not fair!  So they come to vent and troll on forums about it.  If items crafted by a toon is actually logged somewhere, its going to be so passed over its a joke to think anything will be done.  They barely can go through logs of players we have handed them evidence of their AP trading, and those blatantly doing it.

18 hours ago, Gullinkambi said:

Drenite ore isn't available to mine in this patch = exploit.

Ceranium medals aren’t available to acquire in this patch = exploit? It’s pathetic watching you scramble over words trying to justify your points. 

Just now, Snacks said:

Its crazy that this whole useless forum thread is just based off someone who is upset to the fact they didn't understand the game to know the pet existed months ago, getting Drenite to craft basic mats to level their crafting.  Instead they had to spend millions for Balic mats on broker and that's not fair!  So they come to vent and troll on forums about it.  If items crafted by a toon is actually logged somewhere, its going to be so passed over its a joke to think anything will be done.  They barely can go through logs of players we have handed them evidence of their AP trading, and those blatantly doing it.

I don't craft anything, I buy candies for kinah. I know it came from a pet. There is no way to Essencetap it like all other materials; there is no way to get other basic materials for 400p in other crafts; the material is only used for Level 51 or higher crafts and the level cap is 50 so it doesn't belong in the game; it was removed from the loot this patch so it wasn't intended; with that said it is also useable to level up crafting therefore it's an exploit.

13 hours ago, Gullinkambi said:

This is why the game is dying. When you have players that have the motto of cheating is legitimate, then the game dies, and it dies hard and fast. You probably support all forms of cheating.

So the item was acquirable by a pet system and later on it was put on a gathering node.

Where exactly is the exploit? If it wasn't meant to be there then they shouldn't put that pet there. How do people know what is supposed to be there and what not? This is not the original Aion, it is the Aion Classic, a Frankenstein version of its older patches mixed together that many times creates paradoxes.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

So the item was acquirable by a pet system and later on it was put on a gathering node.

Wrong, the item was acquirable in this version and we know in the other version that it was gatherable in 2.0. This alone says nothing about if it's bannable.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

If it wasn't meant to be there then they shouldn't put that pet there.

By this logic, AP trading is allowed because players can do so at their own will.

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

How do people know what is supposed to be there and what not?

Consistency in the patch would suggest it isn't allowed when looking at other ores. That includes recipes that clearly illustrate that the ore is exclusively used for Level 51 items, and the level cap is level 50.

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

This is not the original Aion, it is the Aion Classic, a Frankenstein version of its older patches mixed together that many times creates paradoxes.

That doesn't change that you can still clearly see intentions of the developers in the game.

@Gullinkambi:
If I play a game and I am able do something in that game which is a simple as "feed me and get reward" function which every other pet has, I assume that the developers wanted it to be possible that way. I would never assume that it even could be an exploit.  Drenite Ore itself is not level 51 as well as the processing recipe is not level 51. You are again bringing this in correlation to the passed patch process of it not being available before Balaurea. Since we are not going to be on the same page on this, I am just going to leave that I disagree on your view of punishment (demanding bans) on this one.

1 hour ago, Gullinkambi said:

Wrong, the item was acquirable in this version and we know in the other version that it was gatherable in 2.0. This alone says nothing about if it's bannable.

"We know"? I doubt people keep patch notes as a bible and go by its word. It was gatherable, now it was acquirable by a pet the developers placed in the game on purpose, and if it was done by accident they need to be more careful.

By this logic, AP trading is allowed because players can do so at their own will.

AP trading was not bannable in old Aion until people overdid it and it became part of the rules and its now bannable. It is a rule that has evolved by gaming experience.

Consistency in the patch would suggest it isn't allowed when looking at other ores. That includes recipes that clearly illustrate that the ore is exclusively used for Level 51 items, and the level cap is level 50.

...why don't they ban people for BCM candies? They were clearly not in the original Aion and the developers put them on purpose, people have expressed it is wrong and it is a game abuse for extreme p2w. Of course nobody dared to ask for candy buyers to get banned, people simply wanted candies to be removed! You could ask for that to be removed when it was implemented too, unless of course the GMs were aware of it and were already OK with it.

That doesn't change that you can still clearly see intentions of the developers in the game.

...nope, I am sorry but I lost track of what these people regard common sense in this company long time ago, so would not make assumptions about what is obvious and what is not.

~~

Lastly if this is a gatherable... doesn't it mean you can go and farm it non stop, it is not like an exclusive niche item was placed in a wrong loot table and people overdid it.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

"We know"? I doubt people keep patch notes as a bible and go by its word. It was gatherable, now it was acquirable by a pet the developers placed in the game on purpose, and if it was done by accident they need to be more careful.

AP trading was not bannable in old Aion until people overdid it and it became part of the rules and its now bannable. It is a rule that has evolved by gaming experience.

...why don't they ban people for BCM candies? They were clearly not in the original Aion and the developers put them on purpose, people have expressed it is wrong and it is a game abuse for extreme p2w. Of course nobody dared to ask for candy buyers to get banned, people simply wanted candies to be removed! You could ask for that to be removed when it was implemented too, unless of course the GMs were aware of it and were already OK with it.

...nope, I am sorry but I lost track of what these people regard common sense in this company long time ago, so would not make assumptions about what is obvious and what is not.

~~

Lastly if this is a gatherable... doesn't it mean you can go and farm it non stop, it is not like an exclusive niche item was placed in a wrong loot table and people overdid it.

I agree with you, however I want to point out that AP trading was always a bannable offense. 

My friend got banned for it in January 2010. If that isn't old Aion, then I don't know what is.

21 hours ago, 19s19C5EB said:

I agree with you, however I want to point out that AP trading was always a bannable offense. 

My friend got banned for it in January 2010. If that isn't old Aion, then I don't know what is.

I think it was in beta mode that they found out about game play tactics and made the rules, but do not quote me on that. Many rules evolve and many are done already because they planned the game correctly and foresaw the problems that could arise.

Archived