Drenite Ore Exploit

Gullinkambi

@Kibbelz@Loki

Before the 1.5 patch there was an exploit where one could somehow obtain Drenite Ore (a material that is introduced in the 2.0 Patch) and now that it has been patched I was wondering when you would ban all the players who used the item in crafting or created the ore? They all deserve a permanent ban, if you were to call them out as exploiters they would act guilty, most of them know it was wrong to do and are repeat offenders of breaking game rules.

1 hour ago, Shiroturtle said:

You sound really upset at something that is completely legitimate.

This is why the game is dying. When you have players that have the motto of cheating is legitimate, then the game dies, and it dies hard and fast. You probably support all forms of cheating.

2 hours ago, Neferupito said:

What could drenite be used for anyway? I guess people would use it to level up their craft past 400, right?

Nothing really.  You need other mats as well in conjunction with the Drenite that are unavailable to players at the moment.  Regardless, it was a pet provided in game, in a legitimate way.  This is in no way an exploit as if it was abusing a glitch, bug, or something unintended, and should not result in any bans of players using their pet bundles.  Get over yourself Gullinkambi.

Not an exploit. When I first saw the drenite hitting the market my first thought was exploit/somehow gaining access to Gelk. Upon discovery of the very regular pet that had a chance to distribute the ore I chalked it up to 2.7 assets being available now. This is also reflected in countless other ways both large and small in the current state of the game. It has been crystal clear from day one that we are playing a 2.7 server with a 1.5~ ceiling and people gaining drenite is absolutely harmless and only served to assist in progression for heavily material-gated crafts which were not gated in actual 1.5 .

Anger is misdirected here imo.

2 hours ago, Zarbi said:

I was in Dredge yesterday and a L51 Cleric stigma dropped from one of the mobs.

That's the standard way to obtain stigmas and it isn't useable until you are Level 51, perfectly fine. Drenite Ore is useable to level up past 400p easier. The main way to obtain Drenite Ore is Essencetapping in Gelkmaros, it is also just about the only way. They also patched the exploit which means it was unintended, so anyone that used it should be banned.

The "sovereign citizens" of Aion need to leave and stop killing the game with their one-liners of non-sense.

44 minutes ago, Gullinkambi said:

That's the standard way to obtain stigmas and it isn't useable until you are Level 51, perfectly fine. Drenite Ore is useable to level up past 400p easier. The main way to obtain Drenite Ore is Essencetapping in Gelkmaros, it is also just about the only way. They also patched the exploit which means it was unintended, so anyone that used it should be banned.

It was overlooked.  The game currently is NOT in a 1.5 client state.  The game is currently running off a 2.7 client with every asset and ID in the game from 2.7 on down.  The pet was overlooked and was a mistake on the devs end, which was corrected.  Should they take every piece of ore out of the servers?  Sure.  Should they punish players who used the ore to level a craft during the time it was available?  No.  Not only is it essentially untrackable, It was in the game provided by NCWest and not stated in ToS that you couldn't use it if obtained.  

Players are just using a perfectly normal pet to get different ore items, you could be using it for many other reasons, and just happen to get the Drenite.  It would be completely different if doing this was stated to be breaking ToS, but its not.  There is no need, nor room for punishment against the players who use a pet endorsed by NCWest while it was allowed in game, then later decided it was an oversight they would rather not allow and removed it.

@Gullinkambi:
Why should players get banned for something the publisher explicitly made available and on which no official response was released so far? This is not the original Aion how it was released a decade ago. Should everyone who used Remove Shock the past months be banned? Or anyone who chose the Platinum Medals as quest reward for the campaign? Or everyone who profited from selling those vicious candies? All of these were not meant to be in the game according to your narrative. Ultimately only NcSoft can judge what should be in this current classic version and what not. Since this does not get addressed in the current ToS all you are doing is spreading your opinion as a dogma and NcSoft is doing what it does best - lack of (accurate) communication.

People should stop comparing this with how the game used to be originally in 2009, since it is obviously not the same and not meant to be the same. I agree with you that cheaters should be punished. I just can not see the cheat in this case.

10 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Gullinkambi:
Why should players get banned for something the publisher explicitly made available and on which no official response was released so far? This is not the original Aion how it was released a decade ago. Should everyone who used Remove Shock the past months be banned? Or anyone who chose the Platinum Medals as quest reward for the campaign? Or everyone who profited from selling those vicious candies? All of these were not meant to be in the game according to your narrative. Ultimately only NcSoft can judge what should be in this current classic version and what not. Since this does not get addressed in the current ToS all you are doing is spreading your opinion as a dogma and NcSoft is doing what it does best - lack of (accurate) communication.

Remove Shock was intended to be added, it is a Level 40 skill and it's in the patch notes. Drenite Ore is a material for Level 51+ crafts. As for the rest your "logic" is the same as: "The ToS doesn't talk about anything AP related therefore AP trading is fine". Also stop double posting with your sock puppet. Everyone who used Drenite Ore should have their progress reverted back to 400p as well.

3 minutes ago, Gullinkambi said:

I agree with Adla's monologue, I too hate what I have to say, therefore I'm a troll. By popular demand, hating what someone has to say means they are a troll.

Again, when you actually say something that isn't meant to be completely inflammatory or a troll, let us know, we'd be happy to discuss.

1 hour ago, Stormwing said:

People should stop comparing this with how the game used to be originally in 2009, since it is obviously not the same and not meant to be the same. I agree with you that cheaters should be punished. I just can not see the cheat in this case.

Drenite Ore hasn't been properly introduced yet was my point. Everyone knows this. Why else would people act so defensive when it's brought up?

32 minutes ago, Gullinkambi said:

Drenite Ore hasn't been properly introduced yet was my point. Everyone knows this. Why else would people act so defensive when it's brought up?

Neither has platinum medals, as 55 pvp gear has not yet released.  So those who choose the plat medals instead of the 10 gold medals from the campaign and are already stacking ahead of all other players deserve to be banned for an exploit and something that is not "implemented into the game" according to your logic.  It doesn't affect anything, and even if it did, people would be making thing that are unusable currently. 

Deal with it.  Cope, Seethe, Mald.

Archived