Sometimes I feel like you want us to quit.

Illyriah

- Daeva pass this month = because we need more greater recovery serums that level 50s don't even use. Seriously?

- No fix for sieges.

-  No increase in drop rates for balaur mats. Those of us who want to progress with Miragents can't unless we spend hundreds of dollars selling itens from Quna shop to make kinah and buy the bloods for a chance of getting a proc. While Korea got an actual Hot Heart of Magic as their daeva pass reward. We've done this 12 years ago, there's no reason to make it harder than it was back then. I'm trying to relive the fun nostalgia times, not the bad ones. Do you guys NOT want money?

- Also people can't progress with crafting because there aren't enough mats.

- Our refer a friend gives us potions and NTC/DC reset scrolls? Ok. Japan actually gives crowns and DP reset scrolls. Why can't we have decent rewards? I'm not inviting friends for this. I did try inviting them before, but the low leveling time, was a big nope. Make drop rate/exp rate 100% FULL TIME. Let's us grind our main and then grind our alts. Stop making it so difficult for us to stay in the game.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:25 PM, Illyriah said:

I'm not gonna start over on a dead server. Sorry.

You dont start over in a merge. You just have more people on the server. I think it is to late now, they already killed the game. Drop rate is to high, PVP is nurfed, free scrolls and coin gear ruined the economy, XP rate is to high, this is what they did on retail and it killed the pop. Repeat the process and got the same result. 

1 hour ago, UnforgivingOG said:

You dont start over in a merge. You just have more people on the server. I think it is to late now, they already killed the game. Drop rate is to high, PVP is nurfed, free scrolls and coin gear ruined the economy, XP rate is to high, this is what they did on retail and it killed the pop. Repeat the process and got the same result. 

The merge would have been great about 3 months ago when IS was starting to dip below 10% capacity (Siel is just above 10% now as comparison). 
The reasons provided by you seem to opposite to what every person I have talked to have mentioned why they quit. I did not hear once the drop rate being too high (now people complain it is the opposite), "free" scrolls is very minor unless you pay, coin gear is also pay, and XP rate is too low for many. 

The arguments I hear why people quit revolve around 3 key points:

1.) Too much Pay-to-Win whaling at the start of the game via Candy sales or Deava Pass essentially price gouging, yet offers the nice title and other benefits (you kind of eluded to this with coins/scrolls).

2.) Extreme lack of oversight or control over their own game. Rampant hacking, AP trading, cheating has turned off so many. Even last night in chat I heard comments about this in lfg. I remember being in a group of 6 (including chanter and we all had full buffs) and having a certain SM Asmodian officer by himself dead to rights, but then when we chased him and starting landing dots he literally teled away. I am the only one of those six who didn't quit and that is the same Asmo SM that was being complained about last night for cheating (I didn't start the conversation nor contribute to the comments).

3.) Poor rollout of events or botched changes/bans. Biggest example was the SR bans, events broken/worthless rewards, sieges now unwinnable against Balaur, ect. ect. Even little events like the flight buff early on was quickly broken. The only events that seemed to have appropriate rewards and were not messed up were the 100 day celebration (daily crowns) and the XP events.

4.) Slow rollout of content or delayed content causing people to be board. Patch 1.7 is so minor I would be shocked if anybody comes back for that. Aion Classic just doesn't have a ton of content as the original Aion was launched in North America on September 22, 2009 and 2.0 was released on September 7, 2010, less than a year later.

@Darob:
As you wrote, the merge should have happened months ago. Before the servers drifted apart and before incentives were necessary.

1.) Not going into that. Was discussed at length.

2.) The biggest issue for me by far. Add lack of communication and lack of fixing decade year old bugs. For the money they ask of me I surely wished for more, no matter how old the game is.

3.) I do not want to go into SR bans since I was on vacation and the criteria where never openly communicated. But I am sure it sucked for people who got banned unjustified.

4.) This never bothered me, since I started NA with a casual approach due to work, hobbies and foremost timezone differences. However, I can understand everyone that wants more content.

I believe the difference from retail release to classic release is the expectation. Everyone had something specific in mind while joining classic and some certain expectations. On retail everything was new, atleast to me and I had no expectations besides being able to fly. Classic I mostly joined for for 2.x. Could have skipped the rest if it was up to me.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:14 AM, Illyriah said:

- Daeva pass this month = because we need more greater recovery serums that level 50s don't even use. Seriously?

- No fix for sieges.

-  No increase in drop rates for balaur mats. Those of us who want to progress with Miragents can't unless we spend hundreds of dollars selling itens from Quna shop to make kinah and buy the bloods for a chance of getting a proc. While Korea got an actual Hot Heart of Magic as their daeva pass reward. We've done this 12 years ago, there's no reason to make it harder than it was back then. I'm trying to relive the fun nostalgia times, not the bad ones. Do you guys NOT want money?

- Also people can't progress with crafting because there aren't enough mats.

- Our refer a friend gives us potions and NTC/DC reset scrolls? Ok. Japan actually gives crowns and DP reset scrolls. Why can't we have decent rewards? I'm not inviting friends for this. I did try inviting them before, but the low leveling time, was a big nope. Make drop rate/exp rate 100% FULL TIME. Let's us grind our main and then grind our alts. Stop making it so difficult for us to stay in the game.

I tried to play this when it came out in Korea...

was banned in a  day.. for being out side the play area...

Korenas are Owning this game... 

And NCA don't give a flying you know what.

Archived